Thread: Rules/ Table of Contents - READ THIS FIRST! (updated: 10-11)

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Default Rules/ Table of Contents - READ THIS FIRST! (updated: 10-11)

Hi! Welcome to the Empire Total War Guides forum.

This forum works differently from the others here on the org. While anyone may reply to any of the topics, only moderators are able to start new topics. This is because the forum is designed to stay slim and to the point, containing only the faction threads and any outstanding pieces of educational writing.

The org has a strict no swearing policy, and it will be enforced here with brutal efficiency. We have a widely varied membership, consisting of many ages and cultures; many members have children. Therefore a PG language level is aimed at. If *s are used they must blot out the entire word with not a single letter left, or they will be treated the same as an uncensored word. You may also use the smiley to censor yourself.

It has also come to my attention that some people will use racial terms in referring to certain ethnic groups represented in ETW. Let me just say that any kind of racist remarks or language, even if used jokingly or in attempt to liven up your guides, will be punished severely. I do not like that kind of language and there's no reason whatsoever to use it on the .org, least of all here.

All posts must contribute some useful information, ideas or strategy to the topic in hand. Any posts which do not run the risk of being deleted in order to keep the threads on topic. This is not the place to chat about your campaigns, or to cheer on other players; you may do that to your heart's content in main ETW forum. Strictly no spamming allowed.

If you have suggestions or comments, please post them here. If you find any helpful or useful links then please, don't hesitate to post them in the above thread. Off-site material may also find a link posted to it below, if the author's of that work don't mind us linking to them!

If you've any questions that aren't answered by this post, or just need help with anything, feel free to PM me. I'll be happy to help.

Table of Contents

Faction guides.

France
    Sweden
    The Ottoman Empire
    Great Britain
    United Provinces
    Russia
    Spain
    Prussia
    Poland-Lithuania
    Austria
    Maratha
    United States (13 colonies)

Archived guides. (strategies that are no longer relevant to the current version of ETW)

France
    Sweden
    The Ottoman Empire
    Great Britain
    United Provinces
    Russia
    Spain
    Prussia
    Poland-Lithuania
    Austria
    Maratha
    United States (13 colonies)

Off-site Material: We don't always have all the answers, but thankfully someone does!

Spraetter's Guide to Empire: Total War : Straight from the official yuku boards ("The .com" for those in the know) is a comprehensive and expansive guide to ETW. Everything you need to know, and anything you couldn't find in the tooltips included in the game are right here.

The TWC Guide Library
    - a comprehensive set of links to pretty much anything you'd need as far as tips and hints go. located as the link suggests at twcenter. Very good resource for those struggling to grasp either tactical or the strategic side of the game.
    Last edited by Monk; 10-11-2009 at 15:20.

Default Re: Rules/ Table of Contents - READ THIS FIRST! (updated: 3-19)

Hey all.

It's come to my attention, as i'm sure it has to yours, that each patch has changed the situations of many factions. As Fisherking puts it in the Spain thread, sometimes beyond recognition! Due to the fact the game is being constantly changed in how it expects you to play it (and the patch routine leads me to believe this trend will continue) take the time to state which version you are playing in your strats.

This won't be a hugely enforced rule, but more of a courtesy thing. I'm sure you wouldn't be too happy if you read someone's strats but you utterly failed since that isn't how the game is played anymore!

Thanks.
    Last edited by Monk; 08-08-2009 at 17:04.

Default Re: Rules/ Table of Contents - READ THIS FIRST! (updated: 8-5)

Introducing the Archives! A new sub-section of the ETW guides forum that will house all the old strategies that just won't cut it in 1.5. All post 1.5 strategies will be posted in one of the newer threads.