Thread: raids/rebellion

Default raids/rebellion

if i raid say pella with say the getai nd let it rebel it will it go to eleuteroi or back to macedon?

αἰὲν ἀριστεύειν Member tsidneku's Avatar

Default Re: raids/rebellion

I'm not sure, but I think each city has a default revolt faction that it defects to.
    I would think Pella, being the Makedonian capital, should revolt to Makedon.

Symbasileus ton Rhomaioktonon Member Maion Maroneios's Avatar

Blasphemer! Though there's only one way to find out...

Maion
    ~Maion

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Arrow Re: raids/rebellion

Quote Originally Posted by tsidneku View Post
    I'm not sure, but I think each city has a default revolt faction that it defects to.
    I would think Pella, being the Makedonian capital, should revolt to Makedon.
    He is right. In EB, a city never revolts to Eleutheroi if the faction that was historically tied to that region is still alive. If Maks are still alive, I guarantee Pella will rebel to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aemilius Paulus View Post
    He is right. In EB, a city never revolts to Eleutheroi if the faction that was historically tied to that region is still alive. If Maks are still alive, I guarantee Pella will rebel to them.
    It had better, for if it tries to revolt somewhere else, you get a *I-LOVE-WINDOWS* CTD.
    At least that seems to be THE common cause of all my CTDs save one.
    That one happened today (Aedui campaign) and it occurred because one of my generals who had been setting siege to the north-eastern Roman starting city (forgot the name, the one to the south-east of Bononia) for two turns and was now supposed to assault the lone enemy general in there with his bodyguards and a unit of lugoae suddenly (blinked up while clicking the "fight manually" button) had as many command stars as the Roman guy (at least eight) while he was supposed to have a notorious three stars. Didn't even make the load screen. So sometimes even computers forget which key goes into which key-hole and have to pull a key back out because it doesn't make the lock turn - wrong set of data from the wrong "read"-adress on the right "write"-adress... Or maybe, right set of data copied everywhere rather than only to where it's supposed to go and thus causing errors when the appropriate data finds it's seat already occupied... Either way, I desperately need to get more RAM; this kind of thing is what happens if the swap-file is used a lot and the system harddrive is not so very young... Bla... Sorry, got carried away - back to topic:
    It depends upon the government building. So the last faction that upgraded the government gets the city. In case of Eleutheroi cities, this is determined by the MIC in the city (Nikaia starts out as a "western Greek" town garrisoned with Thraikians; give it enough time and it will upgrade to a "barbarian" large town). If you conquer it with KH *before* that happens, it will not rebel because you don't get a culture penalty and it is almost impossible to hold on to it against AS and at the same time not having enough garrison in it to keep the people as happy as if Dionysos himself were camping on the town square, no matter what the tax level...
    If you conquer it *after* said "transformation", you can (by setting taxes to "normal" or higher or sometimes without doing anything at all) watch that beautifully humorous animation of your garrison getting literally "ejected" from the city... Feels like watching a toaster kick the bread out and even has roughly the same metallic sound effect associated with it.
    Anyway, look at the mouse-over description of the core building in a settelment and you will know roughly what will happen if it rebels (although both KH and Epeiros as well as Makedonia are "western Greek", so which one of these it will be can only be found out *when* it rebels. Same with AS and Ptolemaioi, Aedui and Arverni, etc etc... Kyrene for instance rebels to AS if not upgraded.

I am honoured to have been presented with my first baloons - - by Ibrahim for tactical observations
    and with my second balloon by Christopher Burgoyne for physical elaboration on the advantages conferred by the Kontos over the Xyston.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Generally, a town will rebel to the faction that last upgraded the core building. However, it will sometimes go to the 'rebels' even if said faction still exists. This is seemingly completely random.

well that fing sucks because my plan was to raid pella nd let eleutheroui tke control to act as buffer.. but theres one thinng that doesnt make since if makedon is in control of pella nd it rebels it will just rebel to macedon again?

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Well it makes sense that there homeland would rejoin them, especially if they are threatened from reinvasion by you. You'd have to give it to another faction to make it a buffer state, or just keep reloading the turn it rebels until it does rebel to the Eleutheroi.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtmeister View Post
    Kyrene for instance rebels to AS if not upgraded.
    Actually, I've seen it go back to the Eleutheroi multiple times from Ptolemaioi, thanks to propaganda spread by my (Qarthadastim) spies... though this was in 1.1, apologies if this was changed.
    "The pathfinding around town squares is twenty different kinds of horrible."Watchman

Blog Entries

The cities I raid and that revolt always go to the Eleutheroi...
    I created a wall between me and the sweboz and me and the Ptollmaei by that...

What exactly constitutes a "raid"? Claiming an enemy city and destroying any buildings before leaving? Enslaving the populace?

Am I missing something? :\
    "The pathfinding around town squares is twenty different kinds of horrible."Watchman

Symbasileus ton Rhomaioktonon Member Maion Maroneios's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soup_alex View Post
    What exactly constitutes a "raid"? Claiming an enemy city and destroying any buildings before leaving? Enslaving the populace?

Generally, it means taking a city, massacring it's populace and destroying every building you can, then leaving.

Maion
    ~Maion

Quote Originally Posted by Maion Maroneios View Post
    Generally, it means taking a city, massacring it's populace and destroying every building you can, then leaving.

Maion
    In terms of EB victory conditions it just means having possession over a city once in the campaign, though.
    Read about glory and decline of the Seleucid Empire... (EB 1.1 AAR)

from Satalexton from I of the Storm from Vasiliyi

Actually, I've seen it go back to the Eleutheroi multiple times from Ptolemaioi, thanks to propaganda spread by my (Qarthadastim) spies... though this was in 1.1, apologies if this was changed.
    If the Ptolemaioi upgraded the core building in Kyrene, it will go back to them if it rebels. Of course that's impossible when they hold it themselves, so it goes to the Eleutheroi.

The first round of the tournament has started. Who's going to prevail?

Gladius or Sarissa, Scutum or Aspis?

Quote Originally Posted by Maion Maroneios View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysimachos View Post
    In terms of EB victory conditions it just means having possession over a city once in the campaign, though.
    Ah. Cheers for clearing that up, guys.

Tolg, I'm curious as you'll notice Nachtmeister declared that Kyrene should go to AS; whether this is a change from 1.1, we're talking about different settlements, or AS blitzed then lost Kyrene in Nacht's campaign...

The reason that when Kyrene revolts it goes to the Seleukids is because the government building is theirs, anyway the EB team had already thought about it, and did it to be more historical acuraccy.

As you can read from the biography of Philadelphos Ptolemaios: "There has, however, been trouble with your half-brother Magas Kyrenaios, who twice attempted to supplant you. the first failing due to rebellion, the second, in league with the Seleukids, stalled by your diplomacy. His daughter is now bethrothed to your son Eurgetes and he seems satisfied with the indisputed rule of Kyrenaia."

It seems the EB team is always one step further

Ah. Cheers for clearing that up, guys.

Tolg, I'm curious as you'll notice Nachtmeister declared that Kyrene should go to AS; whether this is a change from 1.1, we're talking about different settlements, or AS blitzed then lost Kyrene in Nacht's campaign...
    Of course. It goes to the AS until the ptolies upgrade the core building. Afterwards it goes to the ptolies or to the Eleutheroi, if they (the ptolies) are the ones who hold it.

The first round of the tournament has started. Who's going to prevail?

Gladius or Sarissa, Scutum or Aspis?

Blog Entries

I can only repeat that most of the cities I raid go back to the Eleutheroi, except for core regions.