Thread: The Settlement: Information and Summary thread

Senior Member Senior Member Reenk Roink's Avatar

Default The Settlement: Information and Summary thread

This thread is just to make it easier to get information for the game The Settlement.

Please do not post in this thread.

Default Re: The Settlement: Information and Summary thread

The Settlement

Reading the Background story, Gameplay, Mechanics and Rules sections will help you to understand the game. The Acknowledgements section is not necessary to understand the game.

Background story:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Our people are a proud stock and many stories have been told about them! This is the story of the priest-king Reenk Roink and the unusual circumstances of his “tribe” if it can even be called that.

Reenk Roink was a young man of many talents: he honored the gods, he respected his people, he killed many enemy men, he loved many friendly women. He demonstrated his capability in all matters that are important to a priest-king distinguishing himself as a fearless warrior and brilliant tactician against his enemies and a responsible and benevolent ruler to his friends.

However, men like Reenk Roink were becoming increasingly rare in a world where the peoples grew more numerous and the lands grew smaller and the priest kings grew greedier...

The king of kings decided that young priest kings like Reenk Roink would not be able to rule over ever fragmenting pieces of the old lands anymore. They would have to venture out somewhere else, taking the many displaced with them.

And so Reenk Roink prepared himself to leave his palace before he could ever rule from its splendid court. He gathered the only belongings he needed - his sword, his shield, his armor, his horse, and, along with a group of his loyal Bronze Companions, Reenk Roink cut a path through his now dangerous homeland to the shores of the Sea of Wine where a ship waited to carry him to a new chapter of his life.

It was at the sandy beaches that, for the first time, he met the refugee people he was going to make a new life with - his new tribe. They came from all walks of life; what stories they had to tell! And yet Reenk Roink knew nothing about them. After examining their faces, obviously grizzled from the arduous journey they undertook, Reenk Roink asked the gods blessings for them. As he leaned on his sword hilt, watching them board the ship, Reenk Roink could not help but feel a great sense of admiration for these noble folk.

What a misguided sentiment he would soon realize it was!

Gameplay:
    This is a game in which all players have some role which gives them some abilities and some goals. Though each role is unique in some way, there may be classes of one of more players who share similar goals.

Note: For the purposes of the story, female players are men. No misogyny intended.

The settlers: Every player is a settler. The settlers are divided into two groups:

The men: The men make up the majority of the people in the settlement. They come from different backgrounds, have different lives, act different ways, and do different things. The one thing that unites them is the pact they made with the priest king Reenk Roink in which they pledged loyalty and obedience to his rule for a degree of influence in decisions.

The good men: The good men make up the minority of the people in the settlement. Like the men, they come from different backgrounds, have different lives, act different ways, and do different things, but they also possess two things in more quantity then the men, status and wealth. They also made a pact with the priest king Reenk Roink in which they pledged loyalty and obedience to his rule for a degree of influence in decisions - a greater degree of influence then the men.

All settlers have two abilities:

Voting: In every day period, the priest king Reenk Roink will hold a council to decide which settler to lynch.

Each settler may decide to vote or not vote (there will be no penalty for not voting).

The priest king Reenk Roink requests that settlers inscribe their vote (or have it inscribed for them) in the manner specified: Vote: [name].

The settlers may change their vote as many times as they wish.

The settlers may not vote no lynch. The settlers may abstain.

In the event of a majority of abstain votes, the matter is wholly up to the discretion of the priest king Reenk Roink.

The men will have a vote rating of 1 (their vote counts as one tally) while the good men will have a vote rating of 2 (their vote counts as two tallies).

The settler with the largest tally count will be executed.

In the event of ties, the matter is wholly up to the discretion of the priest king Reenk Roink.

Dueling: In every day period during the priest king Reenk Roink’s council, a settler may challenge one other settler to a fight to the death for whatever reason.

Each settler may decide to duel or not to duel (there will be no penalty for not dueling).

The priest king Reenk Roink requests that settlers inscribe their challenge (or have it inscribed for them) in the manner specified: Challenge: [name].

The duel proposal may be accepted by the challenged in which case it is added to the list of challenges or rejected in which case it is not added to the list of challenges. The list is handled in first come - first served order.

The list remains throughout the game.

The priest king Reenk Roink requests that settlers accept or reject a challenge by inscribing (or having inscribed for them) Accept: [name] or Reject: [name].

If a challenge is not responded to it will be considered as if it was rejected.

A settler may challenge at most one other settler each day period. A settler may be challenged more than once by several other settlers each day period and he may accept or reject as many of them as he likes.

No redundant challenges will be accepted (if player 1 challenges player 2 then player 2 cannot challenge player 1 while the original challenge remains on the list).

The fight will take place at dusk before the execution. There is only one fight each round.

Each settler will receive a battle rating in his role message based on his role background. The battle ratings of the combatants will decide the outcome of the fight.

If a settler who was to be executed is killed in a duel, then the matter becomes wholly up to the discretion of the priest king Reenk Roink.

If a settler wishes to withdraw a challenge he issued before let him inscribe (or have inscribed for him) Withdraw: [name].

If a settler wishes to reject a challenge he accepted before let him inscribe (or have inscribed for him) Reject [name].

The usurpers: Among the settlers are the usurpers. Very little is known about them aside from the fact that they exist.

The way the roles will be handled is as such. First the players will be grouped into the men and the good men. The list of each settler’s status (as one of the men or one of the good men) will be made public. Then the roles will be assigned. Some roles are only available to men, some roles are only available to good men, and some roles are available to both. Everyone will get a role message.

Mechanics:
    The day period will last anywhere from 20 to 30 hours usually. Whenever the day period begins, an announcement will be made as to the exact time of the end of the day period (Eastern Standard Time – military format). Any activity (votes or challenges) will be accepted up to the deadline inclusive (the Org time will be used). I will give an extension if three or more people ask for one. The deadlines will be staggered at different times throughout the day so that it is fairer to people from different time zones.

The night period will last anywhere up to 30 hours (hopefully shorter). I will allow a little more leeway for everyone to get their orders in, though I will end the night without all the orders if I have to. I will end the night as soon as I get all orders and finish the writeup.

There will be a punctuality system in place which will handle interleaving orders. It is thus in your best interest to get your orders in fast.

There is no penalty for inactivity in this game, I’d rather you join up and not be active then not join up at all! I hope the nature of the game will push you to be active in some way. Suicides will be granted only in exceptional cases.

I’m looking for the number of players to be in the mid twenties or more. More people are always easier to accommodate than less people.

Rules:
    You must:
    -Obey the rules of the Org and the Gameroom (laws and good manners)
    -Have fun

You must not:
    -Post screenshots of anything game related (private messages, quicktopics, the game thread itself, chatlogs)
    -Quote or forge any game related private messages once dead

You are allowed to do anything else (quote and forge private messages or quicktopics or chatlogs while alive, reveal your role while dead (as long as you don’t quote and or lightly paraphrase private messages), private message other players dead or alive, etc…)

Acknowledgements:
    Lastly but most importantly, I would like to mention some of the games (and their hosts) that have been most influential in making this one possible.

Of course, I have to start by mentioning GeneralHankerchief who brought Mafia games here. His original Mafia series had the story base which is the main reason I play and my game is story based.

Gotta have more Mafia by Sasaki Kojiro was the first game where many roles were added (I think). Since then, I have always liked games with a lot of roles and my game has a lot of roles.

Interficio quod Scrupulosa by Sir Moody was a monumental game in influencing me. Before that, I believe most games had similar (though richly detailed) settings based on modern towns. Interficio quod Scrupulosa was then the first uniquely “themed” game which really inspired me to roleplay and get into character. The game itself had a basic setup, but the immersion factor made it my favorite game. After playing Interficio quod Scrupulosa, I first seriously entertained the idea of hosting a game - this game (over two years in the making ).

That special place for Interficio quod Scrupulosa was soon to be joined by another game when Sigurd hosted The Midgard Saga. Sigurd had taken the idea of a themed game and ran with it. The immersion factor of The Midgard Saga was magnificent; every role was crafted in the setting of the game. Sigurd also introduced a new mechanic of dueling, the Holmgang, which I thought was brilliant, and is the clear influence of my own duel system.

Very recently, yet another game has arrived among Interficio quod Scrupulosa and The Midgard Saga – Whispers in the Night by YLC (with some design help from Sigurd). The setting was more modern and typical, but the immersion factor was again top notch. Whispers in the Night had the mechanic of the dead continuing as ghosts which was the first time I had encountered such a thing, and it influenced me as much as it entertained me.

Of course, the fact is, I have been greatly influenced by every game I have played and every player and host. I don’t mention everyone not because of lack of love, but lack of brains and large amounts of laziness.

Please post any questions you might have and thanks for playing.
    Last edited by Reenk Roink; 03-15-2009 at 01:00. Reason: updated

How the sea creature's attack led to societal reforms and the revolutionary plot

For much of the trip on the calm sea it was busy yet uneventful for the priest king Reenk Roink. He shuttered himself inside his dimly lit office most days, making plans for the settlement he would lead when the ship reached land. The problems he faced were many and the solutions to them were obscure, but what kept Reenk Roink going was the high esteem in which he held his followers, the settlers. Though he had very little interaction with them, his first impressions of them gave the priest king lofty thoughts of their quality which made him optimistic about the future. Reenk Roink did not pay too much attention to the increasing complaints about them from his Bronze Companions...

After almost a month of peaceful sailing, the ship was violently jarred one night. Everyone on board rushed to the stern to find a large sea creature attached to the hull! The Bronze Companions immediately drew their swords and hacked away at the monster’s tentacles, while most of the settlers fled in cowardice. In their stampede away from the stern, one man even knocked over a drowsy and confused Reenk Roink. This was the start of the rapid loss of respect that the priest king had for the settlers.

After a short but intense period of fighting, the swords of the Bronze Companions had done enough damage to force the sea creature to release its grasp and retreat to the murky sea. It was after this that everyone saw what had attracted the beast. A slightly gnawed corpse hung from a rope on the stern.

Reenk Roink had the body pulled back up on deck and as soon as this was done a wailing woman threw herself on the corpse, her sorrow overpowering her aversion to the ghastly sight and horrid stench. A well groomed man who pushed himself through the Bronze Companions explained to the priest king that the dead man was one of his slaves, his grief coming from the fact that he had lost property rather than over the loss of a life.

The well groomed man callously shoved aside the weeping women, now identified to be the dead slave’s wife, and knelt over to scrutinize the corpse. After several moments of searching for something, he suddenly got up and, with a disgusted look on his face, spit on the dead slave’s wife, exclaiming: “You will have to pay for the bag of coins I gave him!”

The priest king Reenk Roink got very angry at this display and immediately confronted the well groomed man: “How dare you treat even a slave like this? I will not tolerate this as your ruler!”

The well groomed man however seemed unrepentant for his action and instead snapped back at Reenk Roink: “Who do you think you are? Small, petty king! I served real kings before. Kings who had men like you eat from the scraps that fell from the side of their table. You would be unfit to take my slaves’ daughters’ hands in marriage!”

At this affront, the priest king pulled out his sword and struck the well groomed man across his face with the flat side, sending him whimpering to the ground. The crowd that had already gathered around the argument became outraged, but not at the well groomed man for his cruelty or insolence. Rather they began shouting at their priest king: “Brutal Tyrant! Brutal Tyrant!”

Reenk Roink signaled to his Bronze Companions to put down the rebellious settlers, using force if necessary. However, one of the Bronze Companions leaned over to the priest king and whispered: “Perhaps we should consider indulging them. After all, times have changed and the masses are less obedient to the gods much less the priest kings. These are people you have no bond with; their loyalty will be weak and their treachery will be dangerous.”

Heeding the sound advice of his trusted friend, Reenk Roink turned to the chanting mob and attempted to appease them: “Please settlers. I am indeed as much a servant to you as you are to me. However, for a society to function, there needs to be order, and I am the keeper of that order as chosen by the gods!”

One well dressed man from the mob spoke up: “No priest king! Despotism is the reason we are forced to leave our homeland in the first place. You must ensure that the rich among the settlers, being the best in education, temperament, and odor, have a decided influence pertaining to all matters of government. We demand representation!”

Cries of support from the well dressed people of the mob were heard.

Another man, who only wore ordinary clothes, and whose fingers were blackened with dirt despite being away from land for a month interjected: “We also demand equal representation!”

While this drew cheers from a large portion of the mob, the well dressed people were angered at the thought of being seen as equals with those who were just ordinarily dressed. Soon a bitter argument emerged.

An old man wearing clean, elegant, though unextravagant clothes spoke up in a conciliatory tone: “Please my sons, we are all small under the gods, and we all should have a voice. At the same time, there are those among us whom the gods have favored more than others, and they should be given a degree of superiority, as is their right according to our traditional ways."

Such an eloquent appeal brought tears to Reenk Roink’s eyes, but the sentiments of the priest king were not shared by the two groups, who both rushed to beat the old man, and in doing so, began to beat each other.

Soon women and slaves and even children spoke up, demanding representation, and at this, both parties could finally find a common ground: “Never!”

Seeing this agreement, the priest king Reenk Roink quickly had his Bronze Companions to separate the mob and spoke: “It will be done as the old man has said. The good men among you will have the voice of two men among you who will also have a voice. This is what I have decided, and it will not be overturned!”

With this the priest king was about to storm off, the grand opinion of his people broken forever in his mind, when he noticed that the corpse of the dead slave was gone, and a pendant lay in its place! Examining this pendant, Reenk Roink noticed that it bore the symbol of Vode, the god of wars and foreign peoples. The priest king did not know what to make of this omen as the ship sailed on...

Good Men:

GeneralHankerchief
    seireikhaan
    Captain Blackadder
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    Beefy187
    TheFlax
    Jolt
    Yoyoma1910
    Tristan de Castelreng

Men:

Sasaki Kojiro
    taka
    White_eyes:D
    Lord Winter
    Psychonaut
    CountArach
    FactionHeir
    Andres
    boudica
    TinCow
    Ichigo
    pevergreen
    Sigurd
    shlin28
    777Ares777
    Askthepizzaguy
    LittleGrizzly
    Seamus Fermanagh
    Last edited by Reenk Roink; 03-22-2009 at 20:55. Reason: systematic mispelling of tristan de castelreng's name :s

How the usupers' plot was uncovered by the priest king only to have the settlers take control of the investigations

In the depths of the night an man slowly limped across the swampy trails surrounded by partially constructed structures of the settlement. He stopped suddenly in a marshy clearing and simply stood there for a few moments until a dark mist descended from the sky. The mist formed itself into a humanoid figure and handed the man a scroll.

Nothing was said, as the man nodded and the misty figure dissipated. The man then limped slowly back to the settlement, towards the temple complex.
    Meanwhile the priest king paced along the unfinished halls of his temple complex. It had been a dozen days since the ship was beached on this swampy strip of land that was now his settlement and a dozen more since the attack of the sea creature. The disappearance of the dead slave still weighed heavily on his mind and he examined the amulet of Vode wrapped around his fingers. What could it possibly mean? Why would the god of wars and foreign peoples send such an omen?

Reenk Roink had time to reflect on such questions in the silence the dark brought. During the day, the immense tasks that needed to be completed along with the bickering between the settlers on socio-economic issues scarcely allowed for contemplative thought.

Somewhat jaded that he was in such a situation with such people, the priest king began to walk back to his chambers. At the door he spotted a scroll lying on the floor. Looking around, he reached for a sword placed against the wall with one hand while picking up the scroll with the other.

Breaking the seal, Reenk Roink slowly unraveled the scroll. Written in the most exquisite script were the words:

Disarm your soul
    A burst of energy suddenly emanated from the text right onto the priest king's handsome face. He was not even able to let out a sound as he collapsed to the floor.
    When light entered the priest king's eyes again, he believed he had went to paradise. Instead he saw the concerned faces of his Bronze Companions and a few priests around him. A feeling of disappointment overcame Reenk Roink as he looked beyond to see a crowd of settlers around him, who were also somewhat disappointed that the one they looked at looked back.

Dismissing the settlers, the priest king then was told by his closest advisers that he was found lying on the ground unconscious. The entire hallway of the temple complex and everything in it was totally scorched. Everything but the priest king and the scroll found next to him that is.

Hesitantly taking the scroll from one of the priests, Reenk Roink examined it again noting that the words had been erased and replaced with the symbol of OsiOsi instead.

The priest king got out of his bed and told his retinue to gather the people in the gathering hall in an hour. He then turned to the priests to get to the bottom of what had happened.
    In the Forest of the Gods, the god of wars and foreign peoples watched with a tinge of disappointment as the priest king Reenk Roink continued to walk about the earth. He turned to the god of the sky and questioned: "Why did you save him?"

OsiOsi, the king of the gods replied: "It is not for you to affect a matter that I have forbidden to the gods. You know well enough that you must act through your followers. If you plot anything Vode, know well that I also plot, and I am the best plotter."
    Last edited by Reenk Roink; 03-15-2009 at 00:55. Reason: made font pretty

The settlers gathered unenthusiastically in the gathering hall at the time the priest king had issued. Some of the good men burned some incense to drown out the smell of the men.

After some time, Reenk Roink entered the hall, flanked by his retinue of Bronze Companions and some priests. He began to address the crowd: "Settlers, our preliminary investigation has led us to some conclusions. The events on the ship with the sea creature and the attempt on my life last night are related in some way having to do with the god Vode. We do not know why Vode is displeased with us but the guy has always been somewhat of a prick so it is not completely unexpected."

The priest king continued: "The priests have interpreted the signs of the gods and..."

At this point someone in the crowd abruptly interrupted: "lol gods!" However, his insolence went unpunished as he blended away in the mob.

Reenk Roink, after pausing for a few moments, carried on: "The priests have interpreted the signs of the gods and have come to the conclusion that there are usurpers among us who are following the dictates of Vode. Their goal does not stop at taking my life. They want this entire settlement to be destroyed."

"As of now, we have not identified who exactly these usurpers, but I assure you, I will oversee a thorough investigation of everyone's dwellings as well as consult the priests for info..."

The priest king was interrupted yet again, this time by a visible well dressed man: "Now just wait a minute! You agreed that us settlers would have a say in policy, and we want a say in this!"

Reenk Roink replied: "Yes, but we already have gathered much information and are close to unmask..."

An ordinary dressed man interjected: "Yes, it is us who will oversee the investigation. Every day we will gather the evidence and discuss it, and then vote for who we think is the usurper. Then we will execute that man!"

To this suggestion the settlers cheered in unison while the priest king looked at them incredulously. Soon his expression turned to one of disgust and he stormed out of the hall.

Challenge List:

Alive:

GeneralHankerchief
    Sasaki Kojiro
    taka
    seireikhaan
    Lord Winter
    Captain Blackadder
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    Beefy187
    TheFlax
    Psychonaut
    CountArach
    FactionHeir
    Andres
    boudica
    Jolt
    TinCow
    Ichigo
    Yoyoma1910
    Tristan de Castelreng
    pevergreen
    Sigurd
    shlin28
    777Ares777
    Askthepizzaguy
    LittleGrizzly
    Seamus Fermanagh

Executed:

Fallen in battle:

Killed:
    Last edited by Reenk Roink; 03-27-2009 at 22:12. Reason: spacing

Night fell upon the settlement and most everything had become dark and still, but the house of the man they called The Flax had a dim glow emanating from it. Inside The Flax was engrossed in his writing and scribbled away copiously. You see, The Flax was a scribe, and had devoted his life to the noble cause of Writing. He was composing yet another work of polemic against Reading, which scribes considered to be Writing’s arch nemesis.

It was at this moment that a man slipped into the house of The Flax. He was so silent that The Flax could not hear him over the sound of the gentle scratching sound his quill made when striking the papyrus.

Not many moments passed before the man pounced and drove a blade deep into the side of the neck of The Flax. Mortally wounded, The Flax spent his last moments desperately trying to prevent the blood spilling on his work. It was really a useless effort, however, as his killer shoved his now limp body off the desk and proceeded to roll up a sheet of papyrus and smoke it, well pleased with his kill.
    In the outskirts of the settlement, a man stood next to an unpitched tent. He seemed to be engaged in a heated argument with an owls. After much hooting and hollering the owl let out a series of howls that those learned in the art of owl interpretation would render as: "How can I checkmate the one who not only refuses to make a move, but doesn’t even know how to play the game?"

Before the man could offer his final thoughts, a large figure, clad in well crafted armor that was dark as obsidian approached. The man turned his attention to the armored figure and cheerfully greeted him: "Hiya!"

The armored figure responded in a cool, deep tone: "What is your name?" What a critical error this warrior of Vode committed as the man opened his mouth...

"They call me pevergreen."

"It's spelled with a small p because my mommy said I was special."

"So what’s that big sword for?"

"It's shiny."

"I think I stepped in something."

"People say I talk a lot."

"Do you think so?"

"You look funny."

"This is the longest conversation I’ve ever had!"

"People sometimes throw rocks at me."

"Are you going to throw rocks at me?"

"How about now?"

"How about now?"

"How about now?"

"How about now?"

"How about now?"

"How about now?"

"How about now?"

"How about now?"

"How about now?"

"How about now?"

"How about now?"

"How about now?"

"How about now?"

"How about now?"

"How about now?"

"How about now?"

Throughout this, the armored man went through a wide range of emotions he thought he had succeeded in suppressing: he was initially bored, then became confused, then became irritated, then became enraged, and finally felt some fear and pity.

He finally shouted: "ENOUGH! I have HAD my FILL of the nonsense that you freaks in this settlement constantly spout that continually tests my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you do not draw your sword RIGHT NOW and take the first swing I will give the world a sight that even the immortal gods in the Divine Forest have never seen. Do I make myself perfectly CLEAR!"

Immediately, pevergreen picked up a stick and began to draw a sword with it in the mud. This action so infuriated the armored man that he did not even wait for pevergreen to initiate the fight as was his custom. He pulled out his mace and pounded pevergreen’s head into the mud, and although the blow instantly killed him, the armored man continued to pound away pevergreen into a bloody pulp, each strike sending pink mist into the air.
    As dawn finally woke from her slumber, the two dead bodies were discovered by a slave and the priest king Reenk Roink was quickly notified. The settlers were summoned to the gathering hall and all arrived on time except the one called Yoyoma who was found sleeping in his home with the sacred text of OsiOsi in one hand and an empty bottle of wine with a pretty ribbon in the other.

Finally when all the living settlers had arrived, Reenk Roink announced to the crowd: "The bodies of two of you have been found brutally murdered. Do go and bicker and conjecture in all your futility so that you may have an innocent executed. I'm going to be drink-"

The priest king was interrupted by a slave who barged inside the entrance hall holding a rock that while covered with blood still had an uncanny shine. The slave exclaimed: "I found these on master pevergreen's body, LOOK!"

As all present in the gathering gazed into the palm sized stone, they saw the entire events of pevergreen's last moments being played out. They saw the argument with the owl and they saw the armored man approach and kill him. They even saw who the armored man was. It was the man called Ares!

Reenk Roink immediately gave the order to his Bronze Companions to draw their swords and seize Ares, but amazingly, this drew protestations from the crowd who demanded they vote on the matter.

The priest king angrily stormed out of the gathering hall muttering: "Why did I have to lead such a piss hat bunch..."

Challenge List:

Alive:

GeneralHankerchief
    Sasaki Kojiro
    taka
    seireikhaan
    Lord Winter
    Captain Blackadder
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    Beefy187
    Psychonaut
    CountArach
    FactionHeir
    Andres
    boudica
    Jolt
    TinCow
    Ichigo
    Yoyoma1910
    Tristan de Castelreng
    Sigurd
    shlin28
    777Ares777
    Askthepizzaguy
    LittleGrizzly
    Seamus Fermanagh

Executed:

Fallen in battle:

Killed:

TheFlax
    pevergreen

Day ends on Saturday, March 14 at 20:00 Eastern
    Last edited by Reenk Roink; 03-22-2009 at 20:56. Reason: systematic mispelling of tristan de castelreng's name :s

Day 1

This day will go down in history. Never before has a settlement see so much bickering on its initial day.

Though the settlers decided to assert their own right to vote they overwhelmingly went ahead and came to the same conclusion about the magic rock that the priest king did and doomed the man it showed: Ares.

Ares had resigned himself to his doom early on, in fact, the consensus was so overwhelmingly against him that for the latter half of the day the settlers argued about all other kinds of topics.

The pizza guy that people asked was an especially vocal member of the crowd and the man they called Sasaki Kojiro challenged him to a duel for what could have been any reason. However, after changing his mind on the challenge as much as he did on the vote, eventually he backed down.

So Ares was bought before the priest king, who stood next the widow of The Flax consoling her, in an open field outside of the temple complex. Though he was quite active in trying to defend himself earlier in the day, it seemed that he had either accepted his fate or was exhausted from speaking, and so he remained very silent.

The priest king walked up to the kneeling man in chains. He was in sweat soaked clothes that were much too small for his burly frame. Reenk Roink demanded: “Are you an agent of Vode?”

Ares, who had been hanging his head up to that point, suddenly looked up and stared the priest king in the face. Reenk Roink was somewhat unnerved by the man’s glaring; he got the feeling that Ares was debating whether to speak or act. He settled on saying nothing.

After a few moments, the priest king grew tired of the insolence shown by Ares and struck his face with a light blow of his sword which sent the prisoner falling to the ground. The light dimmed around Ares as the Bronze Companions closed in to finish the job.
    Voting Record:

GeneralHankerchief votes 777Ares777
    shlin28 votes 777Ares777
    Askthepizzaguy votes abstain
    Sasaki Kojiro votes 777Ares777
    Ichigo votes 777Ares777
    Askthepizzaguy votes Askthepizzaguy
    Askthepizzaguy votes 777Ares777
    White_eyes:D votes 777Ares777
    FactionHeir votes 777Ares777
    Askthepizzaguy votes Askthepizzaguy
    GeneralHankerchief votes FactionHeir - final
    Sigurd votes 777Ares777
    TinCow votes FactionHeir
    seireikhaan votes TinCow
    Lord Winter votes 777Ares777
    Captain Blackadder votes 777Ares777
    Beefy187 votes 777Ares777
    CountArach votes 777Ares777
    Askthepizzaguy votes 777Ares777 - final
    Yoyoma1910 votes 777Ares777
    boudica votes abstain (courteously)
    Psychonaut votes Gaius Scribonius Curio
    777Ares777 votes Gaius Scribonius Curio
    Seamus Fermanagh votes 777Ares777
    TinCow votes 777Ares777 - final
    taka votes abstain
    Gaius Scribonius Curio votes 777Ares777
    Andres votes 777Ares777
    Tristan de Castelreng votes 777Ares777

Challenge Record:

Sasaki Kojiro challenges Askthepizzaguy
    Askthepizzaguy accepts Sasaki Kojiro duel
    Askthepizzaguy rejects Sasaki Kojiro duel

Vote Tally:

777Ares777 (shlin28, Sasaki Kojiro, Ichigo, White_eyes:D, FactionHeir, Sigurd, Lord Winter, Captain Blackadder, Beefy187, CountArach, Askthepizzaguy, Yoyoma1910, Seamus Fermanagh, TinCow, Gaius Scribonius Curio, Andres, Tristan de Castelreng) - 22
    FactionHeir (GeneralHankerchief) - 2
    Gaius Scribonius Curio (Psychonaut, 777Ares777) - 2
    TinCow (seireikhaan) - 2

abstain (boudica, taka) - 2

Challenge List:

Alive:

GeneralHankerchief
    Sasaki Kojiro
    taka
    seireikhaan
    Lord Winter
    Captain Blackadder
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    Beefy187
    Psychonaut
    CountArach
    FactionHeir
    Andres
    boudica
    Jolt
    TinCow
    Ichigo
    Yoyoma1910
    Tristan de Castelreng
    Sigurd
    shlin28
    Askthepizzaguy
    LittleGrizzly
    Seamus Fermanagh

Executed:

777Ares777

Fallen in battle:

Killed:

TheFlax
    pevergreen
    Last edited by Reenk Roink; 03-22-2009 at 20:57. Reason: systematic mispelling of tristan de castelreng's name :s

As the sun tucked herself to sleep, the man known as Gaius Scribonius Curio quickly lit all the candles in his house. He was very unnerved by the murder of The Flax who turned out to be a scribe as Gaius Scribonius Curio himself was.

The world could not afford to lose any more scribes. After all who who but scribes could keep the evils of Reading away from civilized society?

Gaius Scribonius Curio went to the only thing that comforted him: writing. He wrote with the quill furiously, knowing he would have to pick up the work of his dead colleague.

His frantic scribbling stopped immediately when a sound was heard at the window. Gaius Scribonius Curio picked up a paperweight and cautiously went to investigate. On his windowsill lay a rock covered with a piece of papyrus. Gaius Scribonius Curio picked up the rock and slowly peeled the papyrus off which read:

Look behind you
    Gaius Scribonius Curio slowly turned his head. At that moment a figure jumped on him, driving a knife deep into his neck. Gaius Scribonius Curio dropped dead, his face forever set in a look of horror.

The killer went up to the desk and picked up an ink bottle. Huffing it, he looked at his bloody blade and smiled.
    Unaware of the events at the house of Gaius Scribonius Curio, Sasaki Kojiro walked back to his tent with a look of disappointment but also relief on his face. His work done for the night, he tried to get some sleep.

As he slipped into his nightwear a small squirrel entered his tent. Sasaki Kojiro smiled at the creature and went to look for some nuts to feed it.

How stunned he was when the squirrel suddenly spoke: "There will be no need for that Sasaki."

Sasaki Kojiro turned around and saw that the squirrel had transformed into a strikingly handsome man towering nine feet above the ground, his head pushing on the ceiling of the tent. The giant had a mischievous smile on his face as he said: "Oh how delightful this situation is, so much more lively than the boring formality of the Forest!"

Sasaki Kojiro overcame enough of his fear to state: "Who are you?! What do you want?!"

The giant responded: "Oh my plans are so far beyond your mortal imagination Sasaki. The little priest king and his little pets go about their pathetic lives trying to find these annoying little insects - or as you call them - usurpers. It is quite amusing really."

"Now Sasaki, I'm terribly sorry, but it is time for you to get off this little ride."

Sasaki Kojiro, seeing that he had nothing to lose, charged the giant. The giant simply took a deep breath and blew the quite heavy set Sasaki Kojiro all the way to the other side of his tent.

Sasaki Kojiro cried out: "Kefy my matron! Goddess of the earth! Save your servant!"

The giant chuckled and said: "Kefy was such a bore. She just never put out. Really the perfect match for OsiOsi."

"Now Sasaki, don't even bother with your healing abilities. I have thought long and hard of how you should die and I assure you, the method will make your abilities quite useless."

The giant began uttering some chants and suddenly, Sasaki Kojiro was transformed into a fish. He began to asphyxiate on his the floor when the giant went and picked him up and dropped him into one of the many barrels of water in his tent. Initially feeling relief, Sasaki Kojiro soon realized he was drowning! As a fish no less!

He looked hopelessly at the laughing giant before he floated limply to to the top.

The giant then pulled out a trident and impaled the corpse of Sasaki Kojiro the fish. Taking a bite of his freshly killed victim, the giant chuckled to himself: "Oh Pisuf, you have really outdone yourself tonight!"

"Hopefully these mortals will be thankful for the favor I have bestowed on them..."
    Deep in the Divine Forest the earth goddess watched as her chosen one was killed in such a bizarre manner. Burning with rage she snapped to the sky god: "Destroy that fool!"

OsiOsi replied calmly: "Enough Kefy, you and Vode complain too much when your puny servants are foiled. You know I have little love for Pisuf, but he is doing important work and has impressed me with his decisions. I am not going to punish him because he feels the need to kill some of your agents."

The earth goddess glared angrily...
    Back in the comfort of his house, the nobleman Beefy was pouring over volumes of tax records. They were many years old, but Beefy wanted to make sure that the state had received every grain it had deserved.

His pleasant night was suddenly disturbed as his door exploded and a short man in red robes with a grim looking face entered. Beefy could feel the power radiating from the red robed man and cried out in desperation: My indentured servant! Come out and defend me and I will consider your debt payed off!

A man came running out with a broom to attack the intruder but the red robed man quickly cast an incantation which caused to broom to burst in flames, forcing the servant to drop it. The red robed man then made some movements with his hands which directed the burning broom to beat the servant to death.

Beefy was absolutely terrified at this point, and began to cry and beg for his life. He offered his attacker vast amounts of riches, but the red robed sorcerer of Vode was unmoved. He began to cast another spell, and all the precious metal in Beefy's house began to melt into pools on the floor and converge on Beefy.

Beefy screamed for a long time until the molten gold and silver reached his gaping mouth, and when it was all finished, a shining electrum Beefy stood in the middle of his house, his last moments of pain immortalized in a statue.
    As the sun rose from her rest, the settlers quickly gathered together and called role. Realizing that Gaius Scribonius Curio, Sasaki Kojiro, and Beefy were missing, a sickly feeling came over them. They went to the gathering hall to discuss the murders but CountArach stumbled in a bit late, burping and hiccuping...

Challenge List:

Alive:

GeneralHankerchief
    taka
    seireikhaan
    Lord Winter
    Captain Blackadder
    Psychonaut
    CountArach
    FactionHeir
    Andres
    boudica
    Jolt
    TinCow
    Ichigo
    Yoyoma1910
    Tristan de Castelreng
    Sigurd
    shlin28
    Askthepizzaguy
    LittleGrizzly
    Seamus Fermanagh

Executed:

777Ares777

Fallen in battle:

Killed:

TheFlax
    pevergreen
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Beefy187

Day ends on Tuesday, March 17 at 02:00 Eastern
    Last edited by Reenk Roink; 03-22-2009 at 20:58. Reason: systematic mispelling of tristan de castelreng's name :s

Day 2

Though the bickering on this day was less than on the day before, it was still significant enough to make the priest king Reenk Roink stay away from the settlers most of the day. He had more important things to attend to such as spend time with the widows of Gaius Scribonius Curio and Beefy in order to...comfort and console them.

At length the settlers had decided that the most vocal of them all was the man who was most likely to be an usurper. So the pizza guy whom everyone asked was chained and brought forth to the priest king. At this point, the pizza guy had gone quite insane and was reciting poems stating his desire to die.

Reenk Roink examined him quizzically and said: "A pity. This fellow was entertaining, and I sensed potential that he would have some good ideas for stopping the usurper threat."

With that the priest king gave the order to one of his Bronze Companions who swiped the head of the pizza guy off cleanly with one stroke of his sword.

In accordance with his wishes, all of the pizza guy's sheep were slaughtered at his execution.
    Voting Record:

Psychonaut votes Yoyoma1910
    taka votes TinCow
    Askthepizzaguy votes TinCow
    Lord Winter votes abstain
    CountArach votes Askthepizzaguy
    White_eyes:D votes TinCow
    Askthepizzaguy votes Yoyoma1910
    boudica votes abstain
    LittleGrizzly votes White_eyes:D
    Andres votes TinCow
    TinCow votes Askthepizzaguy
    CountArach votes abstain - final
    Seamus Fermanagh votes abstain
    Yoyoma1910 votes Askthepizzaguy
    seireikhaan votes abstain
    shlin28 votes abstain
    GeneralHankerchief votes Askthepizzaguy
    Askthepizzaguy votes abstain
    Askthepizzaguy votes Andres
    Jolt votes Askthepizzaguy
    Askthepizzaguy votes Askthepizzaguy - final
    FactionHeir votes Yoyoma1910
    shlin28 votes Askthepizzaguy - final

Challenge Record:

Askthepizzaguy challenges Yoyoma1910
    Yoyoma1910 rejects Askthepizzaguy duel
    shlin28 challenges Askthepizzaguy
    Askthepizzaguy rejects shlin28 duel
    Askthepizzaguy withdraws Yoyoma1910 duel
    shlin28 withdraws Askthepizzaguy duel
    seireikhaan challenges Askthepizzaguy
    Askthepizzaguy accepts seireikhaan duel
    seireikhaan withdraws Askthepizzaguy duel

Vote Tally:

Askthepizzaguy (TinCow, Yoyoma1910, GeneralHankerchief, Jolt, Askthepizzaguy, shlin28) - 9
    TinCow (taka, White_eyes:D, Andres) - 3
    Yoyoma1910 (Psychonaut, FactionHeir) - 2
    White_eyes:D (LittleGrizzly) - 1

abstain (Lord Winter, boudica, CountArach, Seamus Fermanagh, seireikhaan) - 6

Challenge List:

Alive:

GeneralHankerchief
    taka
    seireikhaan
    Lord Winter
    Captain Blackadder
    Psychonaut
    CountArach
    FactionHeir
    Andres
    boudica
    Jolt
    TinCow
    Ichigo
    Yoyoma1910
    Tristan de Castelreng
    Sigurd
    shlin28
    LittleGrizzly
    Seamus Fermanagh

Executed:

777Ares777
    Askthepizzaguy

Fallen in battle:

Killed:

TheFlax
    pevergreen
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Beefy187
    Last edited by Reenk Roink; 03-22-2009 at 20:58. Reason: systematic mispelling of tristan de castelreng's name :s

As the sun retired to her resting place the man named Shlin went to his tent which did not contain much more than a severely overused combat dummy. Shlin was a soldier as his father and his father's father had been, and he did not spend long days on the field or in the office. Rather, he continued to practice his swordplay and keep his martial skills sharp for the day that battle would call again.

The sonorous sound of his sword striking the combat dummy was disturbed by the sudden entrance of a short red robed man, who grimly looked at Shlin. Shlin immediately turned his attention to the intruder and charged him. He was no more than two paces away when the sorcerer of Vode directed a burst of lightning at Shlin, hurling him back. Recovering from the shock, Shlin got up and exclaimed: "Foul magician, it will take more than that cantrip to fell this warrior!"

The robed sorcerer thus hurled another burst of lightning at Shlin, this one clearly causing damage to the hardy warrior. Yet although Shlin was unable to pick himself up after the second attack, he still defiantly exclaimed: "You are weak behind the evil magics given to you by your god. You cannot slay me with the sword!"

This statement of Shlin caused the grim faced sorcerer to raise an eyebrow. He then reached out with his hand and somehow took Shlin's sword out of his hand, causing it to float right above the wounded soldier. The red robed sorcerer then forcefully jerked his hand downwards and the sword mimicked the motion, running through Shlin.
    Meanwhile, the man named Hankerchief sat in his house drinking wine and thinking of his glorious past. He reminisced about the days when he was a simple farmer boy who answered the call when the people called for a hero at their darkest hour during the Great Civil War. He rose up from his humble beginnings to reach the position of priest king from which he then began to conquer the largest empire our people have ever seen, effectively ending the Civil War and ushering an age of great peace and prosperity.

He then stepped down from his place as the most powerful man in the land to devote himself to knowledge. Later he would write about his heroic deeds. Even later these writings would be stripped from the history books as it was realized that Hankerchief simply had a vivid imagination and had made everything he documented up. Yet in his mind, Hankerchief was still a glorious general.

So the self styled general spent his night sitting on his fine chair, not realizing that a man had entered his house and drew a blade from behind him. So the life of the self styled general ended as his throat was slit and even more, the story of him would be lost forever as the killer proceeded to grind up the pages of the last remaining copy of Hankerchief's history into a fine powder and snort it.
    As the sun rose from her slumber, all the settlers once again were called to the gathering hall by the priest king who informed them of the murders. So the discussions began, with Yoyoma once again joining in late in a limited capacity as his mind was clouded by drink.

Challenge List:

Alive:

taka
    seireikhaan
    Lord Winter
    Captain Blackadder
    Psychonaut
    CountArach
    FactionHeir
    Andres
    boudica
    Jolt
    TinCow
    Ichigo
    Yoyoma1910
    Tristan de Castelreng
    Sigurd
    LittleGrizzly
    Seamus Fermanagh

Executed:

777Ares777
    Askthepizzaguy

Fallen in battle:

Killed:

TheFlax
    pevergreen
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Beefy187
    shlin28
    GeneralHankerchief

Day ends on Thursday, March 19 at 18:00 Eastern
    Last edited by Reenk Roink; 03-23-2009 at 15:38. Reason: systematic misspelling of tristan de castelreng's name :s

Day 3

As the sky dimmed, the priest king Reenk Roink emerged from his temple complex with the widow of Hankerchief the self styled general at his side. She was looking much more perky than she did in the morning. The settlers, especially the good men among them, had convincingly decided that Andres was the guilty one. The whispering of the spirit of Hankerchief the self styled general told them as much. Of course, the spirit of the pizza guy whom they liked to ask was as chatty as himself in life and was organizing a settler network to catch the usurpers.

So Andres was tied and strewn on the ground, arms and legs outstretched. As he lay at the feet of the priest king the latter asked: "Are you part of the usurper plot?"

Andres vehemently denied he was, pointing out that he merely killed some good men because of an unrelated reason.

Reenk Roink was disgusted by this answer and nodded to one of the Bronze Companions who proceeded to thrust a spear into the chest of Andres.
    Voting Record:

Jolt votes Ichigo
    White_eyes:D votes Sigurd
    seireikhaan votes Sigurd
    taka votes Andres
    seireikhaan votes Andres - final
    Captain Blackadder votes Andres
    Yoyoma1910 votes Andres
    Seamus Fermanagh votes Tristan de Castelreng
    LittleGrizzly votes Andres
    Psychonaut votes abstain
    Andres votes abstain
    TinCow votes Andres
    Andres votes FactionHeir
    Seamus Fermanagh votes Andres - final
    boudica votes Andres
    Tristan de Castelreng votes TinCow
    Jolt votes Andres - final
    Andres votes Yoyoma1910 - final
    CountArach votes Andres
    Tristan de Castelreng votes Yoyoma1910 - final
    Sigurd votes Yoyoma1910

Challenge Record:

none

Vote Tally:

Andres - 14 (taka, seireikhaan, Captain Blackadder, Yoyoma1910, LittleGrizzly, TinCow, Seamus Fermanagh, boudica, Jolt, CountArach)
    Yoyoma1910 - 4 (Andres, Tristan de Castelreng, Sigurd)
    Sigurd - 1 (White_eyes:D)

abstain: 1 (Psychonaut)

Challenge List:

Alive:

taka
    seireikhaan
    Lord Winter
    Captain Blackadder
    Psychonaut
    CountArach
    FactionHeir
    boudica
    Jolt
    TinCow
    Ichigo
    Yoyoma1910
    Tristan de Castelreng
    Sigurd
    LittleGrizzly
    Seamus Fermanagh

Executed:

777Ares777
    Askthepizzaguy
    Andres

Fallen in battle:

Killed:

TheFlax
    pevergreen
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Beefy187
    shlin28
    GeneralHankerchief
    Last edited by Reenk Roink; 03-22-2009 at 20:59. Reason: systematic mispelling of tristan de castelreng's name :s

The man of a faction which wished to become heirs by marrying daughters of royalty returned to his tent much after the sun had retired to her resting place. He was incredibly disappointed as he tossed a short blade on the ground. Taking a drink from his canteen, he caught a glimpse of a grim faced, red robed man staring at him.

Spinning around, the man of a faction which wished to become heirs by marrying daughters of royalty quickly dodged a fireball hurled at him. The sorcerer of Vode was unfazed by the miss and prepared another fireball, but the man of a faction which wished to become heirs by marrying daughters of royalty was extremely agile and dodged everything thrown at him. He laughed and taunted the red robed sorcerer: "Hahaha! I am one of the best men of Carn, do you really think you can hit me?"

The man of a faction which wished to become heirs by marrying daughters of royalty then pulled out two daggers and threw them at the sorcerer of Vode, who simply waved his hand causing them to sway well off their mark. He then cast a spell which cause the man of a faction which wished to become heirs by marrying daughters of royalty to be surrounded by a circular wall of fire.

Seeing his doom, the man of a faction which wished to become heirs by marrying daughters of royalty pleaded with the sorcerer of Vode: "Please! I have nothing against you. I just want to kill The Watcher for what he has done to me and my friends. I know! I can help you. The Watcher is a formidable opponent, but I am a master assassin. We can work together, for I am sure The Watcher plots against you!

The red robed man's only reply was to grimly stare at the man of a faction which wished to become heirs by marrying daughters of royalty. He then brought his hands together and the wall of fire that surrounded the doomed assassin converged and burned him to a crisp.
    As the sun rose from her slumber, all the settlers once again were called to the gathering hall by the priest king to discuss the most recent murder, although Reenk Roink was much less saddened by the death of this man whom he referred to as a criminal. All settlers were present on time to begin the discussion.

Challenge List:

Alive:

taka
    seireikhaan
    Lord Winter
    Captain Blackadder
    Psychonaut
    CountArach
    boudica
    Jolt
    TinCow
    Ichigo
    Yoyoma1910
    Tristan de Castelreng
    Sigurd
    LittleGrizzly
    Seamus Fermanagh

Executed:

777Ares777
    Askthepizzaguy
    Andres

Fallen in battle:

Killed:

TheFlax
    pevergreen
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Beefy187
    shlin28
    GeneralHankerchief
    FactionHeir

Day ends on Saturday, March 21 at 20:00 Eastern
    Last edited by Reenk Roink; 03-22-2009 at 20:59. Reason: systematic mispelling of tristan de castelreng's name :s

Day 4

The day was filled with lively discussion about the man named Ichigo and most everyone except for the somewhat quiet fellow Ichigo participated. One man with the monkier Tin Cow who had been especially notable in spreading his enlightened ideas of how the settlement should be run earned the ire of many of the settlers and began garnering much support for his execution.

As the deadline approached, there was a tie, and Tin Cow realizing that he would be at the mercy of the decision of the priest king, preferred the certainty of being second and cast his vote for Ichigo at the moment Reenk Roink opened the door to carry out the execution.

Feeling safe, he again began to pontificate his virtues and how he was the one who would lead the charge against the usurper plot and later lead the settlers to an enlightened life.

As the priest king called for the damned, the Bronze Companions went to fetch Ichigo who was not present in the discussions. However, suddenly a man yelled: "Stop! Someone has changed the tally!"

Reenk Roink and his settlers went to the large clay tablet where the votes and challenges were stored and indeed saw one extra tally in favor of Tin Cow and one tally removed from Ichigo.

Reenk Roink addressed his subjects: "Obviously someone has tampered with the tally tablet, but we know that it is Ichigo that is to be executed, so bring me-"

A man interrupted: "We cannot do this priest king. We agreed in our charter that the man who had the most votes according to the tally tablet would be executed. It was... a preventative measure against your tyranny. The charter has spoken, we must execute Tin Cow!"

Reenk Roink buried his face into his palms in disbelief. After some moments and some muttering, he finally looked up and hastily said: "Bring me Tin Cow and let us get this over with."

Tin Cow had by this time resigned himself to the unfairness of this irrational and superstitious society. He began to pontificate to the priest king about how to be a wise ruler and so on.

Reenk Roink was getting annoyed by the supercilious attitude of this balding man covered with dust and he ordered his Bronze Companions to pelt Tin Cow with figurines of cows made of tin. Unfortunately, these tin cows were not doing enough damage as a traditional stoning so the impatient priest king ordered molten tin to be poured in the talking man's mouth, silencing him once and for all.
    Deep in the Divine Forest the gods watched the proceeding execution with glee. All their differences disappeared as they saw the molten tin enter Tin Cow's throat.

Vode remarked: "I now somewhat regret plotting against this priest king, for he has done such a great deed in our eyes." OsiOsi nodded and handed the god of wars and foreign peoples a drink.

Kefy however, quickly got over her glee and snapped at OsiOsi: "You have no need for Pisuf now, destroy him!"

OsiOsi replied: "Rather I will let Pisuf lead himself to destruction."
    Voting Record:

Jolt votes Sigurd
    Jolt votes taka
    Captain Blackadder votes Ichigo
    LittleGrizzly votes Ichigo
    White_eyes:D votes Ichigo
    Seamus Fermanagh votes Ichigo
    Tristan de Castelreng votes Ichigo
    TinCow votes Jolt
    seireikhaan votes TinCow
    taka votes Ichigo
    White_eyes:D votes TinCow - final
    Yoyoma1910 votes Ichigo
    Tristan de Castelreng votes TinCow - final
    Psychonaut votes abstain
    Jolt votes TinCow - final
    TinCow votes Ichigo - final

Challenge Record:

seireikhaan challenges TinCow
    TinCow rejects seireikhaan duel

Vote Tally:

TinCow - 7 + 1 = 8 (seireikhaan, White_eyes:D, Tristan de Castelreng, Jolt)
    Ichigo - 8 - 1 = 7 (Captain Blackadder, LittleGrizzly, Seamus Fermanagh, taka, Yoyoma1910, TinCow)

abstain: 1 (Psychonaut)

Challenge List:

Alive:

taka
    seireikhaan
    Lord Winter
    Captain Blackadder
    Psychonaut
    CountArach
    boudica
    Jolt
    Ichigo
    Yoyoma1910
    Tristan de Castelreng
    Sigurd
    LittleGrizzly
    Seamus Fermanagh

Executed:

777Ares777
    Askthepizzaguy
    Andres
    TinCow

Fallen in battle:

Killed:

TheFlax
    pevergreen
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Beefy187
    shlin28
    GeneralHankerchief
    FactionHeir

In the dark of the night, a man who was a little grizzly looking walked the streets. Given his attire one would think he was a beggar in search of food with nowhere to go. Yet the man who was a little grizzly looking determinedly followed a set course to the tent of the commoner who called himself a count named Arach.

Inside, the common count Arach worked on his pottery wheel, his back turned to the man who was a little grizzly who had just entered. At this moment the man who was a little grizzly threw off his tattered robes revealing a shining suit of bronze armor. He pulled out a masterwork sword and exclaimed: "Pisuf! You have done enough harm to the world, but now you are no longer an immortal god. It is time to test your mortality against The Watcher!"

The common count called Arach simply laughed and said: "Ok then."

At this point, the common count Arach transformed into a giant towering over nine feet tall. The Watcher was clearly unprepared for this sight, he had not expected Pisuf to retain so much power after his fall. Yet after a few moments of amazement, The Watcher steeled himself and nimbly struck Pisuf with his sword, chopping his forearm off cleanly.

Pisuf merely grimaced and cast a spell making all the clay in his tent swarm The Watcher. Once it had enveloped him, it began to harden, but The Watcher shattered the clay with his sword and broke free.

A monumental struggle took place initially but Pisuf soon wore down The Watcher who seemed a bit rusty in his combat skills. Finally, Pisuf was able to gain a step on his opponent and hurled a fireball into The Watcher face, blinding him. Pisuf then put out the flames by smothering The Watcher's face with clay. Pisuf then chopped off The Watcher's clay encased head and put in the kiln and fired it. Moments later when it exploded, Pisuf joyfully remarked: "Foolish me, I forgot to press out all the air bubbles in the clay."

A voice in a tent far away could be heard exclaiming: "YES! I AM FREE! HAHAHAHAHA! IFFO IS FREE!"
    In the morning when the headless body of The Watcher was brought to Reenk Roink, the priest king bitterly wept over the death of his closest companion and friend. Covering the body with his cloak, the priest king Reenk Roink looked up with puffy red eyes at the settlers and said: "Douse my grief with justice or else it will become anger and it will be directed towards you..."

All the settlers quietly nodded except Jolt who laughed out loud and fell on the floor, obviously inebriated.

Challenge List:

Alive:

taka
    seireikhaan
    Lord Winter
    Captain Blackadder
    Psychonaut
    CountArach
    boudica
    Jolt
    Ichigo
    Yoyoma1910
    Tristan de Castelreng
    Sigurd
    Seamus Fermanagh

Executed:

777Ares777
    Askthepizzaguy
    Andres
    TinCow

Fallen in battle:

Killed:

TheFlax
    pevergreen
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Beefy187
    shlin28
    GeneralHankerchief
    FactionHeir
    LittleGrizzly

Day ends on Wednesday, March 25 at 16:00 Eastern
    Last edited by Reenk Roink; 03-27-2009 at 22:12. Reason: spacing

Day 5

The settlement was up in arms as serious charges were brought up against the man named Jolt from not one but two sources. The settlers were nearly unanimous that they had to get rid of him, but they also fretted about Pisuf and this new figure named Iffo. Many also wanted to fight a man named Blackadder who was apparently the captain of something..

At length, the priest king Reenk Roink emerged from his temple complex, alone (do you really think he would dishonor The Watcher and his wife?). He called for Jolt who was already well tied up. Reenk Roink had his Bronze Companions point their loaded bows pointed at Jolt due to the allegations that he was the sorcerer of Vode. The priest king began to interrogate the doomed Jolt, and while initially the sorcerer of Vode simply stared grimly, he soon began to open up, glorifying Vode and noting that even if the agents of Vode were foiled, the plan of Vode was still in effect.

One Bronze Companion, terrified at a movement Jolt made, prematurely fired, which led to a cascade culminating in the sorcerer of Vode being skewered with arrows.
    Voting Record:

Lord Winter votes Jolt
    Yoyoma1910 votes Jolt
    Seamus Fermanagh votes Jolt
    Jolt votes CountArach
    boudica votes Jolt
    CountArach votes Jolt
    taka votes Jolt
    Captain Blackadder votes Jolt
    Tristan de Castelreng votes Jolt
    Psychonaut votes Jolt
    boudica votes CountArach - final
    Sigurd votes Jolt
    seireikhaan votes Jolt

Challenge Record:

CountArachchallenges Captain Blackadder
    Captain Blackadder accepts CountArach duel
    Jolt challenges Captain Blackadder
    Captain Blackadder rejects CountArach duel
    Sigurd challenges Captain Blackadder
    Seamus Fermanagh challenges Captain Blackadder

Vote Tally:

Jolt - 14 (Lord Winter, Yoyoma1910, Seamus Fermanagh, CountArach, taka, Captain Blackadder, Tristan de Castelreng, Psychonaut, Sigurd, seireikhaan)
    CountArach - 3 (Jolt, boudica)

Challenge List:

Alive:

taka
    seireikhaan
    Lord Winter
    Captain Blackadder
    Psychonaut
    CountArach
    boudica
    Ichigo
    Yoyoma1910
    Tristan de Castelreng
    Sigurd
    Seamus Fermanagh

Executed:

777Ares777
    Askthepizzaguy
    Andres
    TinCow
    Jolt

Fallen in battle:

Killed:

TheFlax
    pevergreen
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Beefy187
    shlin28
    GeneralHankerchief
    FactionHeir
    LittleGrizzly

As dawn rose from her slumber the settlers saw that, for the first time in a long time, there were no murders! There was much rejoicing, although everyone had to be careful to avoid the pools of vomit left by the captain of something named Blackadder who apparently had a long night of hitting the sauce.

The party was ended as the priest king Reenk Roink emerged from his temple complex and announced: "While there were no murders today and it does seem that the usurpers have been foiled, there are still loose ends that have not been tied up. So go and tie them up!"

Challenge List:

Alive:

taka
    seireikhaan
    Lord Winter
    Captain Blackadder
    Psychonaut
    CountArach
    boudica
    Ichigo
    Yoyoma1910
    Tristan de Castelreng
    Sigurd
    Seamus Fermanagh

Executed:

777Ares777
    Askthepizzaguy
    Andres
    TinCow
    Jolt

Fallen in battle:

Killed:

TheFlax
    pevergreen
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Beefy187
    shlin28
    GeneralHankerchief
    FactionHeir
    LittleGrizzly

Day ends on Friday, March 27 at 16:00 Eastern
    Last edited by Reenk Roink; 03-30-2009 at 21:31. Reason: formatting

Day 6

As the sun retreated to rest, the votes were tallied. The common count named Arach was the overwhelming choice for lynching, as it seemed quite clear that he was Pisuf, yet the settlers were more occupied with speculating on the Iffo character.

Before the execution however, there was to be a fight. The common count named Arach had challenged a man named Taka, who claimed to be a very tough merchant. Some speculated that he was Iffo. With another duel being withdrawn at the last moment, the stage was set for this battle.

The common count named Arach calmly walked up on the field but Taka was much more hesitant and unsure. The common count named Arach spoke first as he transformed from a small potter to the towering giant that was Pisuf: "Enough with the games, let's see how powerful you really are merchant!"

Taka took some time to respond but eventually swallowed his fear and himself transformed into a fearsome looking winged demon, seven feet tall. He boldly replied: "You may be powerful Pisuf, but you are still a shamed god, while I am free!"

Pisuf laughed as he watched the transformation and said: "Ah, good, it is Iffo. You know, you should be thanking me from freeing you from your contractual charity. How much of your treasures were you forced to give away again?"

These taunts infuriated Iffo: "SILENCE! My rage is such that I would be able to overcome you even if you were in your full glory!"

Pisuf laughed even harder: "It really makes me wonder how a mere human like The Watcher was able to trick you. Didn't you once claim the title 'Lord of Deceit'?

Iffo had heard enough and he pulled out two giant swords and rushed towards Pisuf. The party god merely continued to laugh and teleported behind Iffo right before the demon was able to strike.

Pulling out a sheet of papyrus and a quill, Pisuf taunted: "Hey Iffo, can you sign here please?"

Iffo screamed in anger and began to cast a spell which soon had daggers of flame circling around him. Once again he rushed Pisuf who merely created a cloud that would hover over Iffo's head and pour rain.

"Come now Iffo," said Pisuf, "at least The Watcher did a mediocre job in his attack. This is really a brutal performance. No wonder The Watcher was able to enslave you. I suppose I'll kill you now and spare you any further embarrassment."

With this Pisuf cast a spell which turned Iffo into solid gold. He then sent a burst of energy towards the petrified demon who shattered into many pieces which flew all over the field. Pisuf smirked and said: "Even in death the demon still gives."

The settlers, the Bronze Companions, and the priest king Reenk Roink watched the duel in awe. Once Pisuf had won, the priest king ordered everyone available to grab anything of use as a weapon and surround the god.

Pisuf laughed and addressed Reenk Roink: "Priest king, are you really foolish enough to try and execute me? Do you really think you and your toy soldiers can stop Pisuf?"

The priest king Reenk Roink stammered in his reply: "You may still be dangerous god of the arts, but rest assured that you cannot prevail against our numbers."

Pisuf was about to reply but then stopped. It appeared that some unknown entity had interrupted him. Pisuf lost his supercilious tone to one of annoyance as he argued with this unseen "hard*** as he referred to it. Suddenly, Pisuf was raised into the sky and went out of sight, screaming "Nooooooooooo!"
    Pisuf was brought to the Divine Forest and stood before the king of the gods. OsiOsi said to him: "As we agreed, I have spared you from the mortality of your situation, and now I am no longer obliged to protect you anymore. You will return from whence you came and serve the rest of your sentence, or die trying..."

At this moment, OsiOsi stopped Kefy from dealing a fatal blow to Pisuf. Pisuf grinned at the goddess of the earth and then looked at Vode and said: "Hiya Vode, things aren't looking so hot eh?"

Vode coolly replied: "My plan has not been foiled yet, and do pray that you do not live to see the day I reign triumphant..."
    Voting Record:

Seamus Fermanagh votes CountArach
    Lord Winter votes CountArach
    Captain Blackadder votes CountArach
    Tristan de Castelreng votes CountArach
    boudica votes CountArach
    seireikhaan votes taka

Challenge Record:

Seamus Fermanagh challenges Captain Blackadder
    White_eyes:D challenges taka
    CountArach challenges taka
    taka accepts CountArach duel
    Captain Blackadder accepts Seamus Fermanagh duel
    White_eyes:D challenges boudica
    boudica rejects White_eyes:D duel
    Seamus Fermanagh withdraws Captain Blackadder duel

Vote Tally:

CountArach - 7 (Seamus Fermanagh, Lord Winter, Captain Blackadder, Tristan de Castelreng, boudica)
    taka - 2 (seireikhaan)

Challenge List:

Alive:

seireikhaan
    Lord Winter
    Captain Blackadder
    Psychonaut
    CountArach
    boudica
    Ichigo
    Yoyoma1910
    Tristan de Castelreng
    Sigurd
    Seamus Fermanagh

Executed:

777Ares777
    Askthepizzaguy
    Andres
    TinCow
    Jolt

Fallen in battle:

taka

Killed:

TheFlax
    pevergreen
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Beefy187
    shlin28
    GeneralHankerchief
    FactionHeir
    LittleGrizzly

For the second morning in the row the settlers woke up to find that no killing had taken place. As they met the priest king Reenk Roink in the gathering hall, he told them: "Do not lose vigilance, finish this once and for all!"

Challenge List:

Alive:

seireikhaan
    Lord Winter
    Captain Blackadder
    Psychonaut
    CountArach
    boudica
    Ichigo
    Yoyoma1910
    Tristan de Castelreng
    Sigurd
    Seamus Fermanagh

Executed:

777Ares777
    Askthepizzaguy
    Andres
    TinCow
    Jolt

Fallen in battle:

taka

Killed:

TheFlax
    pevergreen
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Beefy187
    shlin28
    GeneralHankerchief
    FactionHeir
    LittleGrizzly

Day ends on Sunday, March 29 at 16:00 Eastern
    Last edited by Reenk Roink; 03-30-2009 at 21:30. Reason: formatting

Day 7

As the sky dimmed, the settlers had once again overwhelmingly decided that the common count named Arach who really was the god of arts and parties Pisuf would have to go.

However, the captain of something named Blackadder was still weary about the suspicion thrown against him realized that the only way he would be cleared was through a duel. This time, the captain of something named Blackadder proactively made the challenge to Seamus Fermanagh, which the latter accepted.

As the two men walked to the field, the somber looking captain of something named Blackadder addressed his opponent and the settlers at large: "I do not blame you for being suspicious of me or accusing me. I am but a humble servant of the gods, but given the trials and tribulations we are placed in, it is not surprising that it should come to this. I hope that my death shall end at least one avenue of distraction from our real quest to find the usurpers and any other threats. We must accomplish this goal as to get back to our devotion of the powers.

The captain of something named Blackadder then turned to the priest king Reenk Roink and praised him. Reenk Roink offered the captain of something his sword. The ever humble priest Blackadder politely refused and reminded the priest king that a sword made for kings should only be wielded by kings. Blackadder settled on a finely made sword, but he seemed to have no experience with the weapon whatsoever, handling it with disgust and fear.

Seamus Fermanagh on the other side, was kicking his sheep away from him as he got ready for the battle. He wielded a crudely crafted club. As the signal went to start the battle, Seamus Fermangh ran towards a motionless Blackadder, nearly tripping several times on the way. As they engaged themselves, Blackadder tried to deflect the flails of Seamus, and the only reason the pitiful attempts at defense were successful was because the attacks was equally pitiful. Finally, Seamus Fermanagh was able to strike the captain of something on the head which sent the priest tumbling down, dead.

The priest king Reenk Roink was disgusted by the unnecessary killing of a man of the gods, and he went to cover the body of the priest with a fine cloak.

He then turned to the settlers and screamed: "IS THIS NOT WHAT YOU WANTED? ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED? ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

Subduing his anger, he called on ever settler to arm himself and surround the common count named Arach. Reenk Roink appealed to the damned: "Pisuf! Obey the law of the land and go quietly, perhaps you will one day be reinstated to your position of power."

The common count named Arach rolled his eyes but was obviously wary of all the accusations and battles. He responded despondently: "I could fight you and your followers priest king, and I could do much damage, but why bother? That hard*** OsiOsi didn't even seem to care that I delivered The Psyensil in a most Pisuftastic way. Even if I win, the sky god will still imprison me, not to mention the heifer Kefy clearly is going to hold a grudge because I killed one of her slaves and will probably make the earth swallow me up when the time is near. So strike me priest king, send me to my prison..."

Sure enough, the command was given to the archers to fire, and as soon as the first arrow was about to strike, Pisuf was teleported away.

The priest king Reenk Roink addressed the settlers. Well now, we will consult the priests to interpret the many signs of the gods to see if we are free of the usurpers and other threats. We shall meet tomorrow. Until then...
    Voting Record:

Captain Blackadder votes CountArach
    Lord Winter votes CountArach
    Seamus Fermanagh votes CountArach
    boudica votes CountArach
    Psychonaut votes CountArach
    Tristan de Castelreng votes CountArach
    Yoyoma1910 votes CountArach

Challenge Record:

Captain Blackadder challenges Seamus Fermanagh
    Seamus Fermanagh accepts Captain Blackadder duel

Vote Tally:

CountArach - 10 (Captain Blackadder, Lord Winter, Seamus Fermanagh, boudica, Psychonaut, Tristan de Castelreng, Yoyoma1910)

Challenge List:

Alive:

Shinseikhaan
    Lord Winter
    Psychonaut
    boudica
    Ichigo
    Yoyoma1910
    Tristan de Castelreng
    Sigurd
    Seamus Fermanagh

Executed:

777Ares777
    Askthepizzaguy
    Andres
    TinCow
    Jolt
    CountArach

Fallen in battle:

taka
    Captain Blackadder

Killed:

TheFlax
    pevergreen
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Beefy187
    shlin28
    GeneralHankerchief
    FactionHeir
    LittleGrizzly
    Last edited by Reenk Roink; 03-30-2009 at 23:02. Reason: formatting

From deep within the Divine Forest, Vode looked at the settlement of the priest king Reenk Roink. Turning to OsiOsi, he spoke: "So it seems that the outward acts of usurping have failed. Yet in war, information is very important and the settlers do not know what walks among them. A servant of mine still remains; I am his eyes and he is my secret...
    As the sun once again rose from her slumber and revealed to the settlers that once again there was no bloodshed taking place under the cover of night, the priest king Reenk Roink gathered the settlers and addressed them: "Settlers, the priests and augurs and oracles have all revealed that the usurper threat still looms, although it does not manifest itself outwardly. Therefore you must find and eliminate the last of the threats, and be assured that it will prove the most evasive and hardest to find!"

Seamus Fermanagh was not present however, as he was stumbling around the settlement, drunk, singing songs about sheep.

Challenge List:

Alive:

Shinseikhaan
    Lord Winter
    Psychonaut
    boudica
    Ichigo
    Yoyoma1910
    Tristan de Castelreng
    Sigurd
    Seamus Fermanagh

Executed:

777Ares777
    Askthepizzaguy
    Andres
    TinCow
    Jolt
    CountArach

Fallen in battle:

taka
    Captain Blackadder

Killed:

TheFlax
    pevergreen
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Beefy187
    shlin28
    GeneralHankerchief
    FactionHeir
    LittleGrizzly

Day ends Wednesday, April 1 at 02:00 Eastern
    Last edited by Reenk Roink; 03-30-2009 at 23:01. Reason: added to story

Day 8

As the sun began to set again, the settlers gathered at the field to witness yet another fight and another execution.

A man named Sigurd had shocked the settlers by stating his concern that he may be used by the usurpers, and thus he gladly welcomed death. Many settlers obliged, though some later retracted their votes as they saw no malevolence in Sigurd, only insanity. Yet the tally still doomed Sigurd, but before his execution, there was to be a fight.

Two farmers, one with the whitest eyes and the biggest grin and another who called himself a lord and loved the winter, had decided to duel for some reason.

They walked to the field, both of them grasping hoes. The man with the whitest eyes attacked first, taking wild swings at his opponent. Of course, he didn't hit a damn thing and left himself exposed to the man who called himself a lord. The lover of winter thrust his hoe and missed the man with the whitest eyes the first time, though he caught him the second and sent him tumbling to the ground. However, he missed driving the hoe for the killing blow and the man with the whitest eyes threw dirt into his opponent's eyes, temporarily blinding him. He them charged the man who called himself a lord but ended up impaling himself on the hoe.

Rolling his eyes at the pathetic display of marital skill on both sides, the priest king Reenk Roink called for the damned, but as soon as Sigurd came before the priest king, he pulled out a knife and stabbed himself in the belly, uttering his last words: "You will never corrupt me Vode!"

Reenk Roink addressed his settlers: "Obviously we have not eliminated the last threat. Work harder! Do not give up after you have gotten so far!"
    Voting Record:

Lord Winter votes White_eyes:D
    White_eyes:D votes Lord Winter
    Seamus Fermanagh votes Sigurd
    Yoyoma1910 votes Sigurd
    Tristan de Castelreng votes White_eyes:D
    boudica votes Sigurd
    Psychonaut votes Sigurd - unvoted
    Sigurd votes Sigurd
    Yoyoma1910 votes abstain - final
    Shinseikhaan votes Sigurd
    Tristan de Castelreng votes Sigurd - final
    boudica votes abstain - final
    Seamus Fermanagh votes abstain - final

Challenge Record:

White_eyes:D challenges Lord Winter
    Lord Winter accepts White_eyes:D duel

Vote Tally:

Sigurd - 5 (Sigurd, Tristan de Castelreng, Shinseikhaan)
    Lord Winter - 1 (White_eyes:D)
    White_eyes:D - 1 (Lord Winter)

abstain - 4 (Yoyoma1910, boudica, Seamus Fermanagh)

Challenge List:

Alive:

Shinseikhaan
    Lord Winter
    Psychonaut
    boudica
    Ichigo
    Yoyoma1910
    Tristan de Castelreng
    Seamus Fermanagh

Executed:

777Ares777
    Askthepizzaguy
    Andres
    TinCow
    Jolt
    CountArach
    Sigurd

Fallen in battle:

taka
    Captain Blackadder

Killed:

TheFlax
    pevergreen
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Beefy187
    shlin28
    GeneralHankerchief
    FactionHeir
    LittleGrizzly

The sun rose from her rest and revealed that no blood was spilled during the night, yet the settlers were unnerved that the portents spoke of a threat still amongst them. They began to discuss, save Tristan de Castelreng who wandered around aimlessly cursing the plebeians...

Challenge List:

Alive:

Shinseikhaan
    Lord Winter
    Psychonaut
    boudica
    Ichigo
    Yoyoma1910
    Tristan de Castelreng
    Seamus Fermanagh

Executed:

777Ares777
    Askthepizzaguy
    Andres
    TinCow
    Jolt
    CountArach
    Sigurd

Fallen in battle:

taka
    Captain Blackadder

Killed:

TheFlax
    pevergreen
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Beefy187
    shlin28
    GeneralHankerchief
    FactionHeir
    LittleGrizzly

Day ends Thursday, April 2 at 11:00 Eastern
    Last edited by Reenk Roink; 04-02-2009 at 15:49. Reason: added to story

Day 9

As the sky dimmed, the discussion which had started off so slowly had engaged into a heated debate by the end. Even the quietest man of them all Ichigo spoke up. The noble man known as Yoyoma was fingered the most, especially by some spirits of the dead, but as the tally was counted up, the support for abstaining was the strongest.

"A wise choice," remarked the priest king Reenk Roink. "Your fruitful discussions earlier had come to a standstill. Though it is not surprising, as although this last threat may be unable to harm us, he certainly is the most able to escape our harm."

"I will now decide what to do in this situation. As you know, I have many options, but I have decided to choose from among you eight settlers, one who will be executed. May the gods guide my random choice.

After a moment of deliberation, the priest king shouted: "Tristan de Castelreng! Come up here, for the gods have selected you today. Shall you be guilty, then the gods have certainly been most kind to us. Shall you be innocent, then may the gods look after you in the next life."

Tristan de Castelreng vomited in his mouth after hearing of his doom. He began to plead: "Please my lord Reenk Roink, I have always thought this system of having these settlers vote was a terrible idea. Especially the common rabble, may the world be free from there hideous sight, with their greasy and unruly hair, their dirt covered faces, their chewed off fingernails, their atrocious clothing, and their unbearable scent. I know, I'll change the tally!"

As Tristan de Castelreng walked up to the tablet with the tally, he suddenly stopped and cried out in pain: "Damn this hangover, oh I give up! Please priest king, I hear a sword to the neck is a most effective chaser."

Reenk Roink obliged and personally chopped out the head of the hungover oligarch. As he looked at the body of Tristan de Castelreng, a realization came over him that the man he had chosen was not the threat he sought.

He turned to the settlers and said with urgency: "Try harder and find the threat!"
    Voting Record:

Shinseikhaan votes Yoyoma1910
    boudica votes Tristan de Castelreng
    Yoyoma1910 votes Shinseikhaan
    Lord Winter votes Yoyoma1910
    Tristan de Castelreng votes abstain
    Psychonaut votes Lord Winter
    Yoyoma1910 votes abstain - final

Challenge Record:

none

Vote Tally:

Yoyoma1910 - 3 (Shinseikhaan, Lord Winter)
    Lord Winter - 1 (Psychonaut)
    Tristan de Castelreng - 1 (boudica)

abstain - 4 (Tristan de Castelreng, Yoyoma1910)

Challenge List:

Alive:

Shinseikhaan
    Lord Winter
    Psychonaut
    boudica
    Ichigo
    Yoyoma1910
    Seamus Fermanagh

Executed:

777Ares777
    Askthepizzaguy
    Andres
    TinCow
    Jolt
    CountArach
    Sigurd
    Tristan de Castelreng

Fallen in battle:

taka
    Captain Blackadder

Killed:

TheFlax
    pevergreen
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Beefy187
    shlin28
    GeneralHankerchief
    FactionHeir
    LittleGrizzly

The sun rose once again and the settlers once again converged at the gathering hall. For a while, they were a bit worried as the Shinsei named Khaan was not present, but he was found inebriated, writhing in a pool of vomit and urine composing while dirty limericks. So the discussions began...

Challenge List:

Alive:

Shinseikhaan
    Lord Winter
    Psychonaut
    boudica
    Ichigo
    Yoyoma1910
    Seamus Fermanagh

Executed:

777Ares777
    Askthepizzaguy
    Andres
    TinCow
    Jolt
    CountArach
    Sigurd
    Tristan de Castelreng

Fallen in battle:

taka
    Captain Blackadder

Killed:

TheFlax
    pevergreen
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Beefy187
    shlin28
    GeneralHankerchief
    FactionHeir
    LittleGrizzly

Day ends Friday, April 3 at 22:00 Eastern

Day 10

As the day drew to an end, the same accusations were thrown at the priest Yoyoma. However, most of the living were reluctant to vote, so the initiative was taken by a drunken Shinsei named Khaan who fingered Yoyoma. Yoyoma saw nothing to do but to point a finger back.

Thus the vote tally was at an impasse, and when the priest king Reenk Roink was brought this news, he once again proceeded to decide what to do: "We do not have the time for petty bickering in this crucial moment. Therefore, the gods have inspired me to execute both Yoyoma and the Shinsei named Khaan."

With this, the order was given to have both of the doomed parties be tied together. A spear was then hurled at the two noble men impaling both of them.

Reenk Roink said after the dead bodies were dragged away: "It is clear that whatever this last threat is, it has blended in with us flawlessly. Do not be constrained by what you have done before. Pull out all the stops, and end this threat so that the settlement will go on!
    Voting Record:

boudica votes abstain
    Shinseikhaan votes Yoyoma1910
    Yoyoma1910 votes Shinseikhaan

Challenge Record:

none

Vote Tally:

Shinseikhaan - 2 (Yoyoma1910)
    Yoyoma1910 - 2 (Shinseikhaan)

abstain - 1 (boudica)

Challenge List:

Alive:

Lord Winter
    Psychonaut
    boudica
    Ichigo
    Seamus Fermanagh

Executed:

777Ares777
    Askthepizzaguy
    Andres
    TinCow
    Jolt
    CountArach
    Sigurd
    Tristan de Castelreng
    Yoyoma1910
    Shinseikhaan

Fallen in battle:

taka
    Captain Blackadder

Killed:

TheFlax
    pevergreen
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Beefy187
    shlin28
    GeneralHankerchief
    FactionHeir
    LittleGrizzly

As the sun rose again, the settlers once again gathered to discuss. The manliest man with the manliest name Boudica required some help as he was very drunk, but the settlers had plenty of time as the priest king Reenk Roink arrived late to tell them to commence with the deliberations. He was comforting the widows of Yoyoma and the Shinsei Khaan.

Challenge List:

Alive:

Lord Winter
    Psychonaut
    boudica
    Ichigo
    Seamus Fermanagh

Executed:

777Ares777
    Askthepizzaguy
    Andres
    TinCow
    Jolt
    CountArach
    Sigurd
    Tristan de Castelreng
    Yoyoma1910
    Shinseikhaan

Fallen in battle:

taka
    Captain Blackadder

Killed:

TheFlax
    pevergreen
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Beefy187
    shlin28
    GeneralHankerchief
    FactionHeir
    LittleGrizzly

Day ends Monday, April 6 at 15:00 Eastern

Day 11

As the sky dimmed, the priest king Reenk Roink examined the tally and saw an impasse between three settlers. Once again, the decision was to fall to him. Offering a short prayer to all the immortal gods, he begged for their inspiration to lead to a prudent judgment.

When the inspiration came, it strongly advocated the executions of all three settlers with votes. The priest king was extremely hesitant and worried at this cogent recommendation. It was an all or nothing move. The last threat(s) would have to be among the three damned or else the usurpers would have succeeded, and his own life would be at serious risk.

The priest king eventually put his faith in the will of the gods and called for the settlers one by one to be crucified.

The doomed settlers went quietly and solemnly, and this unnerved the priest king immensely. He retreated into his quarters, barred the doors, and began praying incessantly, hoping that it was over yet having a strong feeling that he was over...
    Voting Record:

Lord Winter votes Ichigo
    Ichigo votes boudica
    boudica votes Lord Winter
    Psychonaut votes abstain

Challenge Record:

none

Vote Tally:

Ichigo - 1 (Lord Winter)
    boudica - 1 (Ichigo)
    Lord Winter- 1 (boudica)

abstain- 1 (Psychonaut)

Challenge List:

Alive:

Psychonaut
    Seamus Fermanagh

Executed:

777Ares777
    Askthepizzaguy
    Andres
    TinCow
    Jolt
    CountArach
    Sigurd
    Tristan de Castelreng
    Yoyoma1910
    Shinseikhaan
    Ichigo
    boudica
    Lord Winter

Fallen in battle:

taka
    Captain Blackadder

Killed:

TheFlax
    pevergreen
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Beefy187
    shlin28
    GeneralHankerchief
    FactionHeir
    LittleGrizzly

Note: Game is over - final write up coming
    Last edited by Reenk Roink; 04-06-2009 at 20:19.

In the depths of the night a man slowly limped across the swampy trails surrounded by partially constructed structures of the settlement. He stopped suddenly in a marshy clearing and simply stood there for a few moments waiting for the dark mist to materialize. But the avatar of Vode never came. Peculiar, thought the man, the settlement had been nearly wiped out. Most of the settlers were dead along with their women, slaves, and animals. The Bronze Companions were now but two or three. All the buildings were falling into ruin. There was no food grown and no clothes sewn. Yet apparently Vode still did not wish to strike, or that is what the man thought.

Perhaps the last remaining settler had to be killed. Yes, that was it. Walking to the house of the last settler, the limping man swiftly stabbed the unaware settler with a broken bottle. How fitting a death.

Yet Vode still did not appear. Did the Infiltrator of Vode, who lasted so long when all of his more... direct and noticeable... companions, had fallen have to slay the priest king himself? Vode was certainly a demanding god to serve.

The limping man wondered how he would do it. The priest king was one of the greatest warriors who walked the land while Vode had never given his Infiltrator any physical prowess. At this moment the limping man realized the great gift that Vode had given him. Vode had clouded the eyes of all others in respect to him. The god of wars had shielded himself from any scrying, even that of the sky god himself! The limping man cursed himself for being ungrateful of this great boon the god of foreign peoples had bestowed on him and resolved to use his gifts to slay Reenk Roink. The strike of the priest king was not terrifying if it could not hit its mark.

So the agent of Vode limped into the temple complex and stood outside the quarters of the priest king. It was barred shut, but the agent remained undeterred. He began to loosen an already loose stone block and finally made an entry. Stepping inside he found the priest king with his back turned, kneeling and weeping in prayers. How pathetic. The Infiltrator of Vode pulled out the poisoned dagger of one of his dead compatriots and rose his arm, ready to strike.

"There will be no need for that my servant..."

The agent of Vode stumbled back in disbelief as the priest king Reenk Roink uttered these words. The priest king then began to disintegrate into a fine black mist, and the agent immediately fell prostrate on the floor as he recognized who it was.

"My Lord Vode! I have carried out your task with the powers you bestowed upon me!"

Vode replied: "Yes my servant, you are indeed the best of them all."

The Infiltrator of Vode questioned: "But... if you are Reenk Roink... then why...? Our mission..."

Vode coolly responded: "My servant, you know of my plot to overthrow OsiOsi by causing much bloodshed. Yet that is easy for me, and I would not need such an elaborate plan involving my servants. Rather, this entire usurping business was to test my own agents, to see who would be most worthy to claim the title of Vode's Chosen One."

"The result is quite clear. The most important attribute in war is not sheer power like Ares held, nor is it sorcery and dark magic like Jolt wielded, nor is it the art of stealth that Andres mastered. It is gathering information on your enemies and concealing information from them. That is your domain. You. Seamus Fermanagh. The Chosen of Vode!"

Seamus Fermanagh felt a great deal of satisfaction that moment. He would began his ascent to the top in this world, while his patron would begin his ascent to the top of the pantheon.
    usurper victory! (very close and an upset)

Thank you all for playing

Congrats to the usurpers!

Well played to all other parties

The roles will be posted soon

Commentary will come in the form of round by round so it is easier for me to write and you to read

The priest king Reenk Roink woke up in the middle of the night sweating. It was just a horrible dream. Washing his face, he went to his window and stared out at the now desolate settlement. A feeling of great sadness came over him.

Shuffling his feet towards the altar, he began to hold a night vigil, asking the gods to reveal whether the threat was finished. Expecting the same negative answer he had received for the past eleven nights, the priest king was astonished when he received the good tidings from OsiOsi that the last servant of Vode was slain in the mass crucifixion. It was the manliest man with the manliest name Boudica!

The priest king ran out of his temple complex in euphoria and woke up the shepherd Seamus Fermanagh and the cook and generous brewer and psycho named Naut to give them the news. Though it was just them, and a few women and slaves remaining, now the settlement could move on. New settlers would undoubtedly come and prosper under the priest king Reenk Roink...
    settler victory! (seriously )

purple: good men (normal settler)
    olive: men (normal settler)
    green: divine (pisuf...)
    cyan: loyalist (pro town roles)
    lime: idiosyncratic (self motivated story that falls in line with town goals – “pro town lite”)
    dark orange: nefarious (self motivated story that is in opposition to town goals though non usurper)
    red: usurper (mafia)

GeneralHankerchief - Bureaucrat
    Sasaki Kojiro - The Blessing of Kefy [Water Carrier]
    taka - Iffo the Fallen/Risen [Merchant]
    White_eyes:D - Farmer
    seireikhaan - Poet
    Lord Winter - Farmer
    Captain Blackadder - Priest
    Gaius Scribonius Curio - Scribe
    Beefy187 - Tax Collector [Bureaucrat]
    TheFlax - Scribe
    Psychonaut - The Generous Brewer [Cook]
    CountArach - Pisuf [Potter]
    FactionHeir - The Last Thief of Carn [Farmer]
    Andres - Vode's Dagger [Merchant]
    boudica - Vode's Eyes [Farmer]
    Jolt - Vode's Wand [Priest]
    TinCow - The Psyensil [Sweeper]
    Ichigo - Laborer
    Yoyoma1910 - The Eye of OsiOsi [Priest]
    Tristan de Castelrang - The Oligarch [Bureaucrat]
    pevergreen - The Village Idiot [Farmer]
    Sigurd - Merchant
    shlin28 - Soldier
    777Ares777 - Vode's Sword [Laborer]
    Askthepizzaguy - Shepherd
    LittleGrizzly - The Watcher [Beggar]
    Seamus Fermanagh - Shepherd
    Last edited by Reenk Roink; 04-07-2009 at 16:13.