Thread: Empire Total War Manual (PDF Download)

Exclamation Empire Total War Manual (PDF Download)

Until those nice people at Steam headquarters can be bothered to put a manual for us digital-download customers online (grrr!), I have taken the scanned jpg-pictures which Stiboo has so nicely has made available and put them into a single file, added an index page and turned all into a PDF ready for easy offline browsing or printing.

Enjoy!

http://files.filefront.com/13411295 Adobe Reader PDF File 10 Pages, 1.5 MB

Susanna/Calapine

Copyright Notice: All content property Activision and SEGA, pages scanned by Stiboo (original thread here, layout and index by me.)

Member thankful for this post:

Xenon 

Default Re: Empire Total War Manual (PDF Download)

Bah....!! First version is missing a page, and I cant edit my posts

Please use this link instead:

http://files.filefront.com/13411598

Maybe a mod can change the original download link?

Many thanks, it is a nice read for those who did digital download and those of us not getting the game for a bit.

The full manual is available online at steam now

http://store.steampowered.com/manual/10500/
    Like a wooden man facing flowers and birds.

The Laughing Knight Member Sir Beane's Avatar

Good work Susanna , although it looks like CA have one-upped you.

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . By your powers combined I am!
    . ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Beane View Post
    Good work Susanna , although it looks like CA have one-upped you.
    Oh nooo, all that work.... err...I mean, that's great! Good that CA listens to costumers. Just...*sigh* Exuse me while I go sulk in a corner...

Bah... It says "the file is damaged and could not be repaired". On Steam, that is.
    "Whose motorcycle is this?", "It's a chopper, baby.", "Whose chopper is this?", "Zed's.", "Who's Zed?", "Zed's dead baby. Zed's dead." - Butch and Fabienne ride off into the sunset in Pulp Fiction.

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Well Susanna's still works and it is a download so you won’t loose it.

See she didn’t do it for nothing.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Senior Member Senior Member Barkhorn1x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Tzepes View Post
    Bah... It says "the file is damaged and could not be repaired". On Steam, that is.
    Right click = "Save as..." It worked for me.

First of all thanks to all who scanned/posted.

Now, what a sorry excuse for a manual. Really Forty pages long and only 36 pages of actual game related content. Just sad.

I've posted before that game companies should just forgo a printed manual in favor of a PDF version with actually useful content.

I just cannot believe that anyone at CA is at all proud of this sub par effort.

(BTW, I too have my Falcon 4 spiral bound 300+ page monstrosity. Those were the days )
    "Après moi le déluge"

thanks for doing that Susanna

I was thinking of doing something like that in case the uploads i did couldn't be read very well, as it is, it's easier to read the manual on screen than in the actual small rubbish real manual !

I would prefer to pay an extra £10 or so to have a nice big quality box with a glossy colour manual/books and stuff, i remember the old days and huge boxes and great manuals from the likes of SSI, even the games on the ZX Spectrum in the 80's had better box art and manuals....

As so many people are buying games online and downloading them now, prehaps there's a market for quality over price? - the high street stores can't compete with online prices, so prehaps they should go the other way and look at providing the same game but with higher quality packaging and manuals?
    " What a lovely country " - Napoleon at his first sight of Torquay, July 1815

Heir to the Scottish Throne Member Relic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Susanna View Post
    Oh nooo, all that work.... err...I mean, that's great! Good that CA listens to costumers. Just...*sigh* Exuse me while I go sulk in a corner...
    It's the thought that counts!

Default PDF Manual

Does the downlanded edition of E:TW that one acquires through steam have no manual at all? I'm looking around trying(hoping) to find one so that I can better waste my day at work, but am thusfar having no luck.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Default Re: PDF Manual

Here is the link: http://store.steampowered.com/manual/10500/.

There is already a thread about this, always make sure you try the search function before you make a thread .

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Beane View Post
    Here is the link: http://store.steampowered.com/manual/10500/.

There is already a thread about this, always make sure you try the search function before you make a thread .
    Yeah I just found it myself actually, sorry about the dumb question, maybe I should go back to lurking.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Wolf33 View Post
    Yeah I just found it myself actually, sorry about the dumb question, maybe I should go back to lurking.
    It's cool, we all make mistakes sometimes .

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . ----------------------

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

thanks for the join up Shadow_Wolf33

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

As an addition, could anyone possibly scan the building tech tree and post it for us poor Steamies? In my GC last night I was getting rather confused about how the region capital building growth worked. Which main 'town hall' building to go for etc, the in game building browser seems to be very situational and a "go from here" lookup rather than letting me get a grand overview. If there IS a grand overview somewhere in game, I'll be glad to have someone point out my stupidity so that I can find it. I just want to learn how to get my colonies to build a decent cannon foundry dagnabbit!!

As an addition, could anyone possibly scan the building tech tree and post it for us poor Steamies? In my GC last night I was getting rather confused about how the region capital building growth worked. Which main 'town hall' building to go for etc, the in game building browser seems to be very situational and a "go from here" lookup rather than letting me get a grand overview. If there IS a grand overview somewhere in game, I'll be glad to have someone point out my stupidity so that I can find it. I just want to learn how to get my colonies to build a decent cannon foundry dagnabbit!!

http://store.steampowered.com/manual/10500/ Official Manual on Steam website

http://files.filefront.com/13420736 Official Manual on Filefront (for people who have the 'corrupted download' problem with the steam link).

http://store.steampowered.com/manual/10500/ Official Manual on Steam website

http://files.filefront.com/13420736 Official Manual on Filefront (for people who have the 'corrupted download' problem with the steam link).
    I was more looking for the foldout that includes the building progression tree, that I'm pretty sure came in the box along with the manual (as it always has for TW games).

I wish they'd included the campaign triggers for things like the British and Spanish absorbing their colonies.

I was more looking for the foldout that includes the building progression tree, that I'm pretty sure came in the box along with the manual (as it always has for TW games).
    There isn't one. Just the manual, and the map if you got Special Forces.

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . ----------------------

Was there one for M2TW? I seriously missed that when I went from Rome (which I had the box for) to M2TW, which I got via Steam.

Someone'll have to do an image and PDF-i-tize it. Surprises me they couldn't get some flunky to spend a day doing one up, if only to include on the DVD and download if they didn't want to print out a million sheets.

I can understand your sadness, got a problem like that sometimes, too...