Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your ETW Bugs Here!

Default Post Your ETW Bugs Here!

I was playing RtI, Episode 2, and I got to the point where I had to take Montreal and Quebec. So I send my army over the bridge to Quebec and tried to siege the fort in the way. The French sallied out of Quebec to lift the siege. Yet when I got to the battlefield, I was in the fort, not the French. Which was handy as I was heavily outnumbered. Managed to win the battle because of the fortifications, but I was rather puzzled by it all. Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Default Re: Weird fort siege situation/bug

Welcome to the Orgah Ginger Yellow!

It does sound weird!

They came out, and you as defender took up the best position possible in the game AI’s view…I guess…

Canada seems to have a lot of issues which are raising questions.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

The Laughing Knight Member Sir Beane's Avatar

Exclamation Post Your ETW Bugs Here!

This is the Official ETW bug thread. If you have encounteres a bug while playing ETW post it here and hopefully CA will see it and fix it .

Credit to Andres!
    Last edited by Sir Beane; 03-05-2009 at 22:20.

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . By your powers combined I am!
    . ----------------------

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Default Re: Post Your ETW Bugs Here!

The voice of the Camel Lord:

This thread is dedicated to the reporting of actual bugs in the game. Off-topic/spam posts will be removed, and the offending poster(s) warned.

We now return to your regularly scheduled bug-reporting in progress.
    Last edited by Martok; 03-05-2009 at 22:19. Reason: punctuation
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

I've encountered a few bugs.

- I put my ships (a few warships and three trade ships) on the second trade slot in the Brazil trade theatre. After a couple of turns the trade route disappeared, and my ships became stuck. When I tried to tell them to move they acted as if I was telling them to move onto land.

- In the English channel thrre seems to be an area in the thinest part of the channel which my ships think is land. It is making sailing from the Atlantic to the North sea extremely difficult.

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . ----------------------

I mentioned this in another thread, but since this is "official"...

I switched the unit flags to "On Mouseover" in the preferences, but every time I start a new battle the flags are back, even though the preferences still show "On Mouseover".

The ai seems to struggle to deal with field fortifications and cover. i watched my mate box in a french army, in a field and they just stood and died cos they didnt know wot to do with the cover. and i also watched him massacre a french army using the trench wall things u can put down, the french just stood in front and did nothing no tactics at all.

the only other thing i can think of is that sometimes units wont turn their facing to shoot, u tell them to attack someone and they just stand there and do nothing cos their facing is wrong i dont think this is working as intended but i could be wrong

Cheers Knoddy
    "How come i cant make friends like that"
    "You need to get out more"
    "Im in another galaxy, how much more out can i get"

Quote Originally Posted by Stuie View Post
    I mentioned this in another thread, but since this is "official"...

I switched the unit flags to "On Mouseover" in the preferences, but every time I start a new battle the flags are back, even though the preferences still show "On Mouseover".
    The 'Official' title just means that it is stickied and that it will be a permanent bug list. CA are more likely to see the bugs and fix them if they are all in one easy to find thread. .

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . ----------------------

I have found a bug where cavalry seem to become attracted to stakes, and do not run around them when the enemy is in direct line of the stakes.

All that gentlemanly nonsense. Why sir, you are severely outnumbered. What say you come in here, and we attack you instead?

You sir, are a gentleman. I gladly except your generous offer.

*Slaughter ensues*
    Many people prove that in their lifetime, they have learned much. It is unfortunate that all to often, stupidity was the teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Beer View Post
    All that gentlemanly nonsense. Why sir, you are severely outnumbered. What say you come in here, and we attack you instead?

You sir, are a gentleman. I gladly except your generous offer.

*Slaughter ensues*
    Perhaps you tossed a coin for the fort and they lost?

I'm merging this into the Bugs thread .

EDIT: Well that clearly didn't work as well as I had hoped. The bugs thread was merged into this thread.
    Last edited by Sir Beane; 03-05-2009 at 23:49.

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . ----------------------

Everything is sorta fixed. This is still the Official Bugs thread .

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . ----------------------

Achievements bug:

Master of the Americas
    Conquer or control all the provinces and regions in the Americas at the same time.

I got this when taking the first province at the start of the RTI campaign. Presumably because it's restricted to the 2 provinces. 2 provinces is a long way short of being Master of the Americas though :)
    Like a wooden man facing flowers and birds.

The group functions and group formations in ship battles seem horribly broken.

When I group ships and hit one of the formations button, they start turning in random directions and never end up in the formation I select.

The ships don't appear to function as a group when grouped. When I give orders to one (specifically movement orders, like increase or decrease sail) they don't seem to go to the others.

Quote Originally Posted by IsItStillThere View Post
    The group functions and group formations in ship battles seem horribly broken.

When I group ships and hit one of the formations button, they start turning in random directions and never end up in the formation I select.

The ships don't appear to function as a group when grouped. When I give orders to one (specifically movement orders, like increase or decrease sail) they don't seem to go to the others.
    - I second that. Take this for example, take 4 line infantry, a,b,c,d, and group them into group 1. I then issue a move order. They all move diagonally to the new location, and I cannot chose how deep their formation is. Very frustrating. I also can't figure out how to delete groups in battle.

- Also, has anyone figured out how to delete saved games yet? that's basic stuff.

- I'd go into my huge frustration with the siege AI, or complete lack thereof, but many have posted about that elsewhere...

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In response to Euse:
    You can, on the right of the bottom UI, there is a new semi-circle of buttons, including buttons to change the width and depth of the units. To delete a group, press the group button while having the units selected. The hotkey should be 'g'

Yes, in Vista: C:\Users\[COMPUTER LOGIN NAME]\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\save_games

In XP, C:\Documents and Settings\[USER NAME]\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\save_games

Something like that for XP, the vista one is copy pasted from my save games folder.

For those of you who think the pause at the click of End Turn is a bug, it is just the game creating the auto_save file, which is generally around 70mb, like the other save files.

Siege AI has been great in the siege battles I have fought, see my AAR thread about the battle of Stockholm.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

kwait nait Member Monsieur Alphonse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eusebius86 View Post
    - Has anyone figured out how to delete saved games yet? that's basic stuff.
    The save files are in the folder: C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\save_games

If you can't find the Application Data folder, you have to make hidden maps visible in the configuration screen => map options => reproduction ? (I have a dutch windows) => show hidden maps.
    Tosa Inu

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post
    In response to Euse:
    You can, on the right of the bottom UI, there is a new semi-circle of buttons, including buttons to change the width and depth of the units. To delete a group, press the group button while having the units selected. The hotkey should be 'g'

Yes, in Vista: C:\Users\[COMPUTER LOGIN NAME]\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\save_games

In XP, C:\Documents and Settings\[USER NAME]\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\save_games

Something like that for XP, the vista one is copy pasted from my save games folder.

For those of you who think the pause at the click of End Turn is a bug, it is just the game creating the auto_save file, which is generally around 70mb, like the other save files.

Siege AI has been great in the siege battles I have fought, see my AAR thread about the battle of Stockholm.
    Didn't know that about the semi-circle button thing, will have to try that out. But that still doesn't fixed my groups not staying in their fixed positions. For example. ABCD become DCBA when I issue a move order as a group...

Have you been playing RtI siege battles, or Grand Campaign siege battles? That could make a difference. The low morale Indians just don't want to get close to my muskets to attack them... very unrealistic. Also, what difficulty setting are you playing on? Whatever it is, I'm going to mimic it to the "T" to see if I can get some good siege battles.

Thanks for the reply pevergreen.

Blog Entries

I skipped RtI and went straight into VH/H. I now play VH/VH.

Expect to lose.

kwait nait Member Monsieur Alphonse's Avatar

Not a real bug, but the volume of the sound is very low. Usually all games have a standard volume and I don't have to adjust the volume of my speakers. (the volume in the game options is set at 100%).
    Tosa Inu

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post
    I skipped RtI and went straight into VH/H. I now play VH/VH.

Expect to lose.
    Is that because the AI gets huge morale and stat bonuses in battle though?

Blog Entries

No, they dont. They will still rout easily enough.

Thumbs up Re: Post Your ETW Bugs Here!

It's so awesome now that the AI doesn't get those stupid bonuses on the higher difficulties now, Pevergreen.

I have not been able to get trade fleets on trade ports in Brazil or the ivory cost to work. I am playing as sweeden (in case that matters).

Basically I move my Indiaman ship onto the trade port in Brazil or Ivory cost but I do not get a dashed line heading home or any indication of success on my trade page.

Nec Pluribus Impar Member SwordsMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

RTI, in whichever chapter the french fort and city appear. After I take them both (not in the order they were in the mission admittedly) the game won't give me any more missions or expand the map or anything. I clicked through 20 turns and still nothing.
    Managing perceptions goes hand in hand with managing expectations - Masamune

Pie is merely the power of the state intruding into the private lives of the working class. - Beirut

I don't think it's properly a bug, but slow-motion mode when terrain is swampy seems to be way over emphasysed, IMHO.

I had a battle near Quebec and had to deploy in a watery area (canon balls made nice splashes). Troop movement was something like 5% of the normal speed. I agree moving in water isn't easy, but the way it's implemented spoils part of the fun to play.

Except of that, nothing to report, Sir (I'm still on RTI campaign). Bless you, CA, ETW rocks.
    "Whose motorcycle is this?", "It's a chopper, baby.", "Whose chopper is this?", "Zed's.", "Who's Zed?", "Zed's dead baby. Zed's dead." - Butch and Fabienne ride off into the sunset in Pulp Fiction.

Blog Entries

This is one heck of a bug but.. every time I try to play the game it loads fine and I can fight battles just fine. On the other hand whenever I try to play a campaign; after between 5 minutes and half an hour the screen goes black and vista says that "Empire total war has stopped working".
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I have a possible sound bug.

The voice of the adviser in the RTI short campaign.

When the adviser starts to talk and if I Move the mouse the adviser's voice stops. I'm not sure if this a bug, but it is a bit annoying that I can't look around and still hear the adviser.

I am using a Creative labs X-FI Fatality Platinum sound card in gaming mode on the driver settings.

The rest of my PC specs are as follows :-

Asus p5B deluxe Mobo.
    Intel Q6600 (o/clocked to 3ghz)
    4 Gb of ram.
    Nvidia 8800gt (512)
    Windows XP service pack 3
    Razer Copperhead mouse

this is the only strange thing that I have seen so far (except the already stated Naval formation bugs)
    May the Foss be with you....

first of all, please ignore my bad english. Also i don´t know the exact traslation of some units and regions.

i've encountered a very weird bug, i think. i have played with the united provinces (nederlands) and have attacked the city in flandern (?) which was protected by some units of the spanish army.
    i fought the battle until all units have been fought down but the battle did not end. so i searched the map up and down to find the missing unit. at last i found it. It was one artillery cannon without crew. i tried to destroy it but i was not able to do so because nothing could attack it. no artillery, no cavalry, no infantry.
    Lastly the time had run out and i lost the battle..... i think that is very, very weird.

Senior Member Senior Member Barkhorn1x's Avatar

Bugs encountered so far:

1. Setting flags to never or mouse over in Options does not work as they still appear in battle unless you go into options there and enable/then disable.
    2. The RtI camp. begins for me with the 1775 Bunker Hill movie - and goes right into a battle with the Powhattan. After I finish that battle the Jamestown movie plays and all is fine.
    3. The movies stutter and skip badly. This is only a sound issue as the video playes fine

Sir Beane - perhaps you can compile and add to a summary post?
    "Après moi le déluge"

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast