Thread: some simple help please

Default some simple help please

hi i am player of all the tw series and i have yet to pass judgment on this latest creation but i do have a few issues with battle command feeeling very poor, perhaps you can can help me

1] i dont always like to have my guys in groups so where is the keep unit facing option suc as pressing alt or crtl when moving your armies? also after deployment unless they are grouped why do they insist on forming a long line whenever they are moved. surely CA has had ample time to solve this problem

2] why is there no shift or alt option to attack in melee? using the toggle button can get extremely clumsy with many units onscreen and remembering who is toggled and who is not

3] can i change the size of the flags? as they are now they totally ruin the look of the battlefield

4] is there an easier way to see who u are commanding? i dont have the ludicrous green feet turned on, what happened to the standard bobbing up and down?

5] some of the sounds such as endturn or issue attack commands are way too loud compared to the rest of the sfx, can these be modded to change them

thankyou

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: some simple help please

1: The entire new toolbar, on the right hand side of the UI
    2: Melee toggle works fine. "F" is the hotkey.
    3: Through modding, maybe. Not yet anyway.
    4: No, green circles or bust.
    5: No.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

1. thats for fine tuning units, try moving an entire army across a map with it and see how long its takes to scroll and even then they dont always stay in position
    2. not a toggle but a charge funtion IE..press crtl and charge enemy with melee after the enemy disengages or your unit runs u revert back to normal stance
    3. fingers crossed
    4. same as above , come on u modders current system is diabolically terrible when controlling large formations
    5. sighs

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alby View Post
    1. thats for fine tuning units, try moving an entire army across a map with it and see how long its takes to scroll and even then they dont always stay in position
    2. not a toggle but a charge funtion IE..press crtl and charge enemy with melee after the enemy disengages or your unit runs u revert back to normal stance
    3. fingers crossed
    4. same as above , come on u modders current system is diabolically terrible when controlling large formations
    5. sighs
    I apologise on behalf of modders everywhere, but it is currently impossible to mod this game.

We can't edit most of the files that we unpack, and even if we do, they are over ridden by other files, making no changes. The biggest mod I've seen was a single Minister picture changed, only the small version of it.

thanks for you reply pever but i thought they were "supposed" to make this game more mod friendly , i bettting the way steam handles files maybe has something to do with it

i learning to live with some of these irritating problems but the sound one really bugs the hell out of me, there i am playing away at 2am with the sound turned down trying not to annoy anyone and i press endturn or execute attack and its like someone has rung a giant dinnerbell in my room making me jump out of my skin and sending the dog scurrying for cover :D

surely the guys who made this game must be deaf or something a simple quiet ding or click instead of big ben would have been fine

Blog Entries

Incorrect to both.

CA said they would make the game more open to modification, not that it would be easier. We should be able to mod more, but its not easy as of yet.

Steam has nothing to do with the core game files of ETW.