Thread: Faction Sabean

Default Faction Sabean

i Have several questions bout these faction.

1 how i can conquer tht piece of desert that is near Maryab and goes to Babylon that place dont have a city and in the faction map is marked was objective to conquer.

2 where i can make heavy ethiopean i have all shouth towns of sabean and i conquered Petra.
    my problem is facing the Ptolemai greek/egypt army when they have arabic i dont have much fear but when i start to see the agema and other elite units(sucessors army) ......i hate Phalanax.

3 in the faq i read there is a normal reform for the ones that dont have hidden reforms, my question is these with the reform my army will have more equal power to hold a sucessor army ????

Thanks for the help
    Death is the only true in life

Unoffical PBM recruiter person Member /Bean\'s Avatar

Default Re: Faction Sabean

1: You can't. This wasn't historically a region as such, and no one controlled it (Who would want some more sand?)

2: I guess in Ethiopea? The Ptole's are meant to be hard to beat. That's why Saba are one of the hardest factions.

3: The Sabeans don't get a reform do they?
    =========================================
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    ========================================================
    + =
    [/CENTER]

2. I think you can get them in Saba. You can definitely get them in Diamat (D'mt).

3. No. You have to use clever skirmishing tactics and the armour piercing axes of the Red Sea Light Infantry. You can recruit Red Sea Hoplites and a levy phalanx along the shores of the Red Sea to hold a line. You can probably get elephants in Africa.
    Last edited by Tollheit; 03-05-2009 at 13:58.

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

Ahh yes... Red Sea Light infantry will be your lifeblood. As well as your slingers.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

Σέλευκος Νικάτωρ Member Fluvius Camillus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A Very Super Market View Post
    Ahh yes... Red Sea Light infantry will be your lifeblood. As well as your slingers.
    Don't forget the bodyguards and the useful Arabian archer-spearmen
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrius
    Oh my god, i think that is the first time in human history that someone cares to explain an acronym that people expect everybody to know in advance.
    I lived for three years not knowing what AAR is.

Completed Campaigns: Epeiros (EB1.0), Romani (EB1.1), Baktria (1.2) and Arche Seleukeia
    1x From Olaf the Great for my quote!
    3x1x<-- From Maion Maroneios for succesful campaigns!
    5x2x<-- From Aemilius Paulus for winning a contest!
    1x From Mulceber!

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Quote Originally Posted by DeadRunner View Post
    i Have several questions bout these faction.

1 how i can conquer tht piece of desert that is near Maryab and goes to Babylon that place dont have a city and in the faction map is marked was objective to conquer.
    You can actually conquer that region, as it is Eremos, and a portion of it is in the southernmost part of EB Africa. You just need to take over Tehrazza, which can only be reached by cheating. But conquering Eremos is not in the 1.1 or 1.2 objectives anymore, even if it shows up as such.

Unoffical PBM recruiter person Member /Bean\'s Avatar

Dont forget that conquering Tehrazza is really not advisable, as it holds all the place markers.
    =========================================
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    ========================================================
    + =
    [/CENTER]

stupid question ??
    Sabean dont have navy ??????
    i just get boats when i conquer Alexandreia and is the oly place i can make them.
    one off the tactics i use to fight now Ptolemai is using the region armys and local mercenary almost off them are greek our have a link to sucessor army so that way i can old the line with them when the rest clean the others... i real hate Phalanax a medieum helenic phalanax hold the line agasint my all army and take almost equal nunmber they where 144 and i lost almost that nunmber against them.....
    I love that light axe unit is saddy the guy are light iff they where heavy unit i could rule the world with them
    Thanks for the help =)
    Last edited by DeadRunner; 03-06-2009 at 17:02.

Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

You can make a naval base in that city south of your capital.
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    No ham, pepsi.
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

Additionally, you can build a naval base in Nabataia (Bostra), as well

Blog Entries

Remember, there are two kinds of ports, one which is trade based, and can be built on almost any coast, and another which is millitary based, and only built were historically, the port was used as a naval base.

Apprentice Geologist Member Blxz's Avatar

All this talk makes me want to play a saba game. They are such a fun faction, totally different and so NOT HELLENIC that it just makes me want to throw up with joy. I don't mind the hellenes but they do lack some of the charm of the saba people. there is nothing like starting the conquests of Islam 1000 years early.
    Completed Campaigns:
    Macedonia EB 0.81 / Saby'n EB 1.1
    Qart'Hadarst EB 1.2 / Hai EB 1.2
    Current Campiagns:
    Getai/Sauromatae/Baktria
    donated by Brennus for attention to detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Blxz View Post
    All this talk makes me want to play a saba game. They are such a fun faction, totally different and so NOT HELLENIC that it just makes me want to throw up with joy. I don't mind the hellenes but they do lack some of the charm of the saba people. there is nothing like starting the conquests of Islam 1000 years early.
    I prefer crushing the Saba.
    They're boring....
    Μηδεν εωρακεναι φoβερωτερον και δεινοτερον φαλλαγγος μακεδονικης

Apprentice Geologist Member Blxz's Avatar

@ IrishHitman

True true, crushing is always fun, but they are just so far out of the way. Even as the seleucids I just couldn't be bothered, they are so pathetic I think I pity them. And there is something i find so much fun about playing a faction that sort of has its flanks protected by the map edges.
    Completed Campaigns:
    Macedonia EB 0.81 / Saby'n EB 1.1
    Qart'Hadarst EB 1.2 / Hai EB 1.2
    Current Campiagns:
    Getai/Sauromatae/Baktria
    donated by Brennus for attention to detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Subotan View Post
    Remember, there are two kinds of ports, one which is trade based, and can be built on almost any coast, and another which is millitary based, and only built were historically, the port was used as a naval base.
    hmm That explains then , why i dont have a militar port , i have trade ports in all citys near the sea but a militar port just Alexandreia for the moment ( one more reason to keep this town by all cost)

Thanks for the help again

If I recall correctly, the Sabaens are the forerunners of the Eritrean/Ethiopians. They weren't Muslim at all but were Christian instead. They had the special distinction of being a Christian empire surrounded by somewhat hostile Muslim empires yet despite the wars they managed to sort of survive to the present day.
    Conquering the world with the Getai

From Aurgelmir

No.
    It is 270 BC, there are no Christians or Muslims anywhere, and Sabaeans are not Eritreans. They had some influence in Eritrea, that's all.
    Last edited by Tollheit; 03-07-2009 at 02:44.

Yes, christianity must have been spread by the Eastern Roman Empire, down the Nile to Eritrea. The Sabaeans had nothing to do with it.
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    No ham, pepsi.
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

I love playing as the Saba, but I even more love killing the Saba. Just outfitting a single elite full-stack as Ptolies or AS and sending it on an expedition to subdue Arabia, preferably with lots of roleplaying. Usually ends with me sacking a city or two, desperately retreating infront of huge Saba armies, and finally returning to safe lands with about 1/5 of the original army intact. Of course, the survivor form the core of the next expedition, dispatched 10 years later.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blxz View Post

if you want to add to the challenge, do it like this:

1)use only those najrani axemen (or alternatiely azdi spearmen), archers, and maybe a guard unit or two.
    2)only a few cavalrymen. none must have javelins
    3)no javelins (period)
    4)smallish army (no more than 10 units)

this was basically how the Arabs came out of Arabia...

but yes, I had a lot of fun playing as saba-it was my first campaign in EB (0.8), and I had a capital time fighting AS and the ptoplemioi, in the manner described above. it was difficult, but well worth it! (I ended up conquering Sleukeia itself, much of mesopotamia, and parts of the levant. then EB1.0 came out).
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg