Thread: Caesar Total War

Default Caesar Total War

Hi to the Org! I am Aster, a TWC member.

I was a great fan of the M2TW Classical-era mod HEGEMON: Battle For Greece which was being updated at the TWC. The developer for it, Banzai!, is no longer capable of updating his mod. What has been currently released though was a great base for a Classical-era mod for M2TW. I talked to Banzai! and he gave me full permission to use whatever was in HEGEMON, and even gave me all the WIP work he had.

My goal is to make a Classical-era mod for M2TW, extending on and polishing HEGEMON: Battle For Greece. The map for it was rather limited, consisting only of Carthage, Italy, Greece and the Balkans. I however plan to have as playable factions:

• Rome (completed)
    • Greek Cities (completed)
    • Makedon (completed)
    • The Seleucid Empire (completed)
    • Tribes of Germania (completed)
    • Galatians (completed)
    • Republic of Carthage (completed)
    • Kingdom of Epirus (new ; based on Banzai!'s WIP unreleased work)
    • Kingdom of Dacia (new ; based on Banzai!'s WIP unreleased work)

Default Re: Caesar Total War

Never mind. Banzai! has changed his mind and has said to me that he will continue working on his HEGEMON mod. I stop my own development to wait for his release. Mods should delete this thread.

you realize that there are issues with banzais hegemon mod?
    he has been banned at twc for using other peoples work, without permission.

Quote Originally Posted by absinthia View Post
    you realize that there are issues with banzais hegemon mod?
    he has been banned at twc for using other peoples work, without permission.
    I am not so sure.

Banzai! has told me in unequivocal terms that he has permission for everything in his current release. He only warns me not to use his wip dacians if I release the mod in public. He doesn't seem like a bad guy and I think he can be trusted.

Further, I intend to carry on with HEGEMON. I shall return to TWC when the dust settles, with a hosted subforum and a front page announcement.
    OMG I haz a balloon,
    -awarded by chairman

Sorry for the ressurectin. But this Aster account is a fake. Should you need evidence PM my TWC account.