Thread: The Good, The Bad and the Interesting AI diplomatic offers

Default The Good, The Bad and the Interesting AI diplomatic offers

So im curious, with the beefed up Diplomacy AI im curious as to what interesting offers people have had.

In my current Martharas Camp, i had Austria offer me 4 techs and a trade agreement for a province in india, which i declined cos i didnt want to lose the province and i was like 1 turn from 2 of the techs.

I also to my suprise to see how they would react i offered mughal a CF and told them i wanted 2 of their remaining 3 provinces, and they accepted.

I still have not been able to force them into a protectorate tho, ill try again when they have no armies and im besiging their capital see how i go :)

Let me know wot good bad and crazy offers u have had

Cheers knoddy
    "How come i cant make friends like that"
    "You need to get out more"
    "Im in another galaxy, how much more out can i get"

Senior Member Senior Member Graphic's Avatar

Default Re: The Good, The Bad and the Interesting AI diplomatic offers

In the U.S. campaign (RtI 4), GB really wants you to give them Maine. They constantly barrage you with offers, the first one seems to always be Gibralter, their lands in India, and a bunch of money. Then they try to trade money and technology for it over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic View Post
    In the U.S. campaign (RtI 4), GB really wants you to give them Maine. They constantly barrage you with offers, the first one seems to always be Gibralter, their lands in India, and a bunch of money. Then they try to trade money and technology for it over and over.
    France has been doing this to me. Yes, I'm sure Newfoundland is very nice. No, I don't want to trade freaking Florida for it.

I think that this is the point where the old AI would betray and attack you. The new AI just tries to badger you to death, instead.

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malkut View Post
    France has been doing this to me. Yes, I'm sure Newfoundland is very nice. No, I don't want to trade freaking Florida for it.

I think that this is the point where the old AI would betray and attack you. The new AI just tries to badger you to death, instead.
    I haven't experienced that problem at all in the grand campaign.

Playing as France, the British have begged me for New France every turn for the last 15 or so turns ( its now the mid 1720s) in exchange for Maine a few low level techs, and some petty cash. Its actually a little annoying.

When Louis XIV died a war for French succession was declared by Austria and backed up by the Dutch and British against me. I was able to get the British to eventually bow out by giving them Newfoundland. I also beat up on Westphalia and besieged their capital, but convinced them to become my protectorate. Its refreshing to have workable diplomatic options instead of the old mindless AI resistance. I always hated how in Rome and Medieval your enemies would fight to the last even when they were clearly on the ropes.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketjager View Post
    Playing as France, the British have begged me for New France every turn for the last 15 or so turns ( its now the mid 1720s) in exchange for Maine a few low level techs, and some petty cash. Its actually a little annoying.

When Louis XIV died a war for French succession was declared by Austria and backed up by the Dutch and British against me. I was able to get the British to eventually bow out by giving them Newfoundland. I also beat up on Westphalia and besieged their capital, but convinced them to become my protectorate. Its refreshing to have workable diplomatic options instead of the old mindless AI resistance. I always hated how in Rome and Medieval your enemies would fight to the last even when they were clearly on the ropes.
    sounds good, i had both spain austria and GB asking me for bengal for a bit, eventually spain offered me 2 provinces 1 in central europe and 1 in america, the perfect platform for world domination since india is basically under my control, so i accepted and as soon as ive built them up to defend from invasion ima take bengal back :D backstabbing ftw :D

im also gunna beat up on mughal see if i can make them protectorate. has any1 managed to get a city to surrender without battle using the option? i try every time never works, even when it was my full stack vs like 2 units of armed peasantry lol.

very refreshing and fun ! :D

kwait nait Member Monsieur Alphonse's Avatar

Playing as France the dutch offered me Ceylon in exchange for French Guyana. Gave me a free beachhead to invade India.
    Last edited by Monsieur Alphonse; 03-06-2009 at 05:36.
    Tosa Inu

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

That makes sense, since Suriname is right beside it, and the Indian factions are fairly strong.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

By the end of my short campaign I was getting 4-5 trade offers a turn. Not the good kind, the "give us territory and we'll give you something" kind.

This annoying trade spam was in the previous civilization title, where it was just as irritating. Except in that game is was whining about granting military access.

Hopefully they'll be some way to just refuse envoys outright or something, because in repeated playthroughs, I don't want to click through all of those x's every single turn. I began to dread hitting the "end turn" icon because I knew I'd have to wade through obnoxious offers.
    Last edited by DisruptorX; 03-06-2009 at 08:08.
    "Sit now there, and look out upon the lands where evil and despair shall come to those whom thou lovest. Thou hast dared to mock me, and to question the power of Melkor, master of the fates of Arda. Therefore with my eyes thou shalt see, and with my ears thou shalt hear; and never shall thou move from this place until all is fulfilled unto its bitter end". -Tolkien

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

4-5

That is like, 20 seconds of clicking?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

Quote Originally Posted by A Very Super Market View Post
    4-5

That is like, 20 seconds of clicking?
    After 30 turns, thats several minutes spent doing nothing but dismissing "offers". And since every single one is outrageous, it is more than an inconvenience.
    Last edited by DisruptorX; 03-06-2009 at 08:10.
    "Sit now there, and look out upon the lands where evil and despair shall come to those whom thou lovest. Thou hast dared to mock me, and to question the power of Melkor, master of the fates of Arda. Therefore with my eyes thou shalt see, and with my ears thou shalt hear; and never shall thou move from this place until all is fulfilled unto its bitter end". -Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by DisruptorX View Post
    After 30 turns, thats several minutes spent doing nothing but dismissing "offers". And since every single one is outrageous, it is more than an inconvenience.
    there not that outrageous, its just that players put keeping a province above trade agreement etc.

tbh, if i was stripped for cash i would have traded a province for a 2-3k trade route. however i wasnt short on cash or income and spains offer of a province in america and in central europe was too good of an opportunity to miss a beachhead into both theaters, especially when i can just back stab them and take it back :D

but yes i agree if spammed it can be annoying

Interestingly enough, these offers only came from my official trade partners, which made it doubly annoying. I needed them to fill my huge pile of gold (into which my ruler would dive like Scrooge McDuck), but hated being annoyed by them.

As far as diplomacy otherwise, I found it fairly good. AI was often fast to attack me, but once defeated and having lost territory, they would sign a peace and not attack their clearly superior foe (me).

I conquered all of India, a bit of Persia because they attacked me first, and then focused on making money. I was well over 100,000 when the game ended in 1750. I then sent all of my armies to the Caribbean and fought against pirates, because it seemed like a surreal thing to do.

Just that damn spam. Very, very reminiscent of Civ 4.
    Last edited by DisruptorX; 03-06-2009 at 08:25.

Playing with Prussia, the Austrians wanted Warschau from me the turn after i conquered it.

They offered me trade rights and 280 gold

I have been offered three provinces in America and India for the Rhineland on numerous occasions by both Spain and the Netherlands. They also offer indefinate military access and around 5000 coins.

Austria is abit strange, they will offer me trade rights and then cancel them next round, perhaps a bug.