Thread: Timurids CTd

Default Timurids CTd

I'm facing the timurids as russia,and I keep getting a message "MTw2.exe has committed a Unspecified Error and will now exit"message when I shoot the merc rocket launchers they have with my cossack musketeers from the walls, and they are down to 2 men or so.Anyone know how to fix this,as it's irritating. I can't see any elephants in the stack I'm fighting,although the reinforcement stack may have a few..

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Default Re: Timurids CTd

Random CTDs tend to happen fighting against Mongols or Timurids. Just have to reply the battle. Doesn't normally crash twice in a row. Normally....had it happen once.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Not for me,damn thing has crashed 6 times in a row,at exactly the same point each time..

Hmmm try not attacking this turn and do it the next instead.
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Can't they are attacking me, I either fight it myself,or auto-resolve and lose Kiev. I realise it's highly likely that they'll take it,but I'd rather that they fight for it. I also saved it just before the battle,before I realized that it was going to bug up like this.

That is indeed difficult....
    Well I suppose you can always use auto_win attacker/defender if you think you will win/lose.

Don't really know what else you could do in that situation.

It sounds like a corrupted save file. Try loading a game from a previous save. That normally helps. Best of luck with it.

I'm fighting the Timurids as the English at the moment but the buggers won't stay in one place long enough to gather a decent army together and attack them.

I got some elephants from Arabia as mercenaries, perhaps they can catch up with them!
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

I usually don't keep mutiple savefiles of one game as it gets crowded very quickly. I just save over the game with my newest version. Thanks for the help, I used the auto_win cheat to fix it,and it's working fine so far,although I still am not exactly thrilled with fighting multiple Timruids waves,but can;t do much about it..