Thread: A few questions

Default A few questions

What dates do gunpowder and the compass become available? And are there any other events that can be used in "27 Invention requirements for building Label" in the build_prod?

And also, is it possible in some way to make buildings not get sacked and destroyed when you take a province? This severely hurts the AI's teching ability since whenever they lose their provinces they go back 20 some years of buildings..

And another question, after I start a campaign, is there any way to tell which difficulty I chose? I intended to choose expert but have forgotten.. I'm not sure anymore..
    Last edited by Garnier; 03-06-2009 at 18:18.

Default Re: A few questions

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier View Post
    What dates do gunpowder and the compass become available? And are there any other events that can be used in "27 Invention requirements for building Label" in the build_prod?
    Compass is something like 1170 and Gunpowder is the mid to late 1200s sometime (sorry can't remember the exact date).

Unfortunately Gunpowder and Compass are the only two hardcoded events. The compass event is actually pointless as all of the ships requiring shipyards that depend upon it are high era (1205) anyway. If you want to give the compass event some meaning, then set those ships to all periods availability you should be able to build those ships in 1170.

And also, is it possible in some way to make buildings not get sacked and destroyed when you take a province? This severely hurts the AI's teching ability since whenever they lose their provinces they go back 20 some years of buildings..
    Unfortunately that can't be done (how I wish it could). The only non destructible building is the land clearance from VI (in fact I think there is one other from VI but I can't remember it offhand). That one is hardcoded to be indestructible. So if you want a building that cannot be destroyed, use that one.

And another question, after I start a campaign, is there any way to tell which difficulty I chose? I intended to choose expert but have forgotten.. I'm not sure anymore..
    Well there's no way to tell as far as I know. In general with Expert the AI will be very difficult to rout due to the moral bonus they get, so start fighting a few battles and you'll know soon enough.

As this thread discusses mainly modding issues: Moved to the Engineers Guild.

Last edited by caravel; 03-06-2009 at 18:52.

It is impossible to remember everything, especially if “you” kind of operate under circumstances like Naga and myself who most of the time are working on special and deviating versions of MTW apart from the original. You tend to get a bit rusty on the standard trivia after a while. I’ll fill in some of the blanks here as I’m sure Naga would return the favor if the roles were reversed.

The date for gunpowder is set to 1260. However, these dates (compass and gunpowder) do deviate slightly from time to time, about 1-3 years/turns. Anything above that and something is seriously wrong in the game.

As for the level-thing, just as already pointed out. However, if you do have save from your first turn. Load it up and check your florins: 4000 expert/6000 hard/8000 normal/10000 easy (the standard values for MTW). That is the only way of knowing for sure.

- Cheers
    ------------
    Naga, I didn’t know about the non destructible aspect of “land clearing”. Perhaps you could find out which one was the other and post it up in a separate thread here or something. I’m sure there are plenty of people who would find that little piece of info interesting, apart from Garnier here, as it strikes me as relatively unknown.

Originally posted by Garnier
    Actually its not that bad - before the v2.0/v2.1 the AI factions would autopillage lands that they d conquered from each other. In VI indeed the AI factions do not autopillage when they fight among themselves. The only time the autopillaging happens is between the player and AI factions and vice versa.

If you want to modify this aspect - you might wanna make the higher level fortifications cheaper and quicker to be built - there is less autopillaging from the Ring Walled castle and onwards.

This however might require balancing in order to restore some of the tech tree depth and/or not mess up the Glorious Achievements goals that are associated with Citadels (like say the Krak de Chevaliers and the Alhambra).

In general if you want the AI to respond better to human player early attacks (that are devastating since they catch him unprepared) make sure to slowshift the pace at which troops become available in early/newly conquered provinces. Typically troops produced from forts plague the AI performance because they give the chance to the player to rush him cheaply and comfortably while they leave the AI with stacks of units that are underperforming like the Slav Javs, Slav Warriors, Jobbagy. In my view provincial troops should be slightly better than decent, available only to local factions and vailable to from 1-3 provinces (otheriwse they overrride core units). Units like Steppe Heavies and Armenian Heavies are almost cheats since they are too cheap to recruit and maintain, and too easily available for their stats, while junk units like Woodsmen, plague the AI factions that prefer them due to low recruit and meintenance costs making their early stacks, that are critical for later progression, a pushover.

The other aspect that needs calibrating is mercenaries - in my view they are too much of an advantage for the player and need either removing or have only junk units available or very few elite units from few provinces (like the Almughavars and Alans) so the player cannot exploit them for easy early rushes that win him the game essentially in 30 turns.

In light of this - making sure that the tech tree yields a decent amount of units available to the human and AI factions that are proportional to the time/money that that particular tech tree bracnh requires is critical to improving AI performance overall througout the game and most particularly in the early stages that the *butterfly effect* (sensitivity to initial conditions) can take place. This is why early garissons and early units need to be carefully thought out - to ensure that AI faction fights are not predictable.

Last edited by gollum; 03-07-2009 at 16:07.
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

I've done a lot to make the game harder, using INNs as the AI's free 200% farming income building that I simply don't use. (this means no mercenaries of course as well).

That and making trade worse and giving 100% import income.. and other stuff.

Now I wonder, would it be possible to use the land clearance building as the Castle building in the main campaign, or would that only be available in the Viking campaign?

If it were possible to make castles not get sacked, this would be really nice.

You can use the land clearance in the main campaign yes. I've never tried making it upgradeable though so I cannot testify if that works but you can use it for any other single buildings.

While Mr Nagamasa will disagree - the 100% import doesnt fix anything - since the player that usually has most fleets and the most stable network gets it too. This means that you benefit more the player with high import percents than balance the trade income out.

One of the things that generally goes unnoticed - is AI factions king influence.

This is one aspect of the game that the GA mode has an advantage over domination in terms of AI performance. This is because certain factions (the best example of which is Hungary) get the GA homeland influence bonus every 25 years. Usually even large AI faction empires fall victime to low king influence - and that is a major game breaker (much less challenge).

On top of this the AI faction personnality setting is paramount together with the king influence aspect. The expansionist, naval_expansionist, crusader, crusader_trader, trader for Catholics and the expansionsit, devout for Muslims as well as the expansionsit, stagnant for Orthodox are AI faction killers.

The expansionist AI personalities focuses AI faction on constant attacks - so much so that it burns them out (and also does not leave developed lands behind for the ones that do conquer them eventually).

The crusader AI personalities, are litterally a curse for the long term as they set Crusading as a focus. AI crusades often fail and this in turn instigates civil wars that destroy a blossoming French kingdom or HRE say. This actually is a very significant long term effect and i noticed it while playing GA camaigns to the end. The end rival whoever i played in GA mode were the Hungarians (unless i played one of their immediate neighbours like the Byz or HRE). This is because the Hungarians are set to CATHOLIC_DEFENSIVE, cannot crusade and do take the homeland GA points (they start with them) that yield influence so they always have the best chances of survival.

Actually the DEFENSIVE AI personnality is the Best for AI factions unless they start too small and/or surrounded (say Turks, Danes, Novgorodians and Aragonese in early). For all other factions that have enough starting land/income DFENSIVE is best long term. In Defensive the AI factions do still crusade, but not as assiduously as when set to Crusader. They use more sense and when they do Crusade they have more focus as it is apparently regarded as a luxury and its done only when the AI is really rich and stable.

For the Turks ain early (as example of situation) EXPANSIONIST is best - time is against them otherwise. Thewill get swallowed by their powerful neighbours if they just sit back.

For the Danes, Novgorodians and Aragonese EXPANSIONIST is also best (otherwise they fade out - too low starting income). Otherwise they get swallowed.

To Asai Nagamasa; the DEFENSIVE AI personality also handles shipping better than any other AI personality in vanilla - it builds sensible amounts even when it expands the trade network and covers its coasts as a priority. So for the Sicilians actually DEFENSIVE is also the best long term. They have less chances to win the game (they expand much slower) but in the few cases that their empire does pick up its more stable - it doesnt easily disintergrate.

The equivalent of DEFENSIVE for Muslims is PEACEFUL. DEVOUT muslims make too many Jihads that melt them through influence hits. EXPANSIONIST burns them out. For the Almohads and Egyptians PEACEFUL is best in early.

All in all try setting everyone unless too small or sandwitched between powerful neighbours like the Turks in DEFENSIVE, particularly in long games - challenge should rise.

Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gollum View Post
    While Mr Nagamasa will disagree - the 100% import doesnt fix anything - since the player that usually has most fleets and the most stable network gets it too. This means that you benefit more the player with high import percents than balance the trade income out.
    It may come as a surprise to you gollum-san, but I'd actually worked this out quite some time ago. Trade and shipping in MTW doesn't work, period. The only solution to the problem IMHO is to take out sea trade and shipping altogether. This gives a more balanced campaign with more realistic expansion of territories and individual theatres of conflict.

If you're going to go for an increased import tax, then 100% is probably too high. The player can spam fleets and build realistic trade routes - the AI has unlinked fleets dotted around all over the map doing nothing.

Originally posted by Asai Nagamasa
    It may come as a surprise to you gollum-san, but I'd actually worked this out quite some time ago. Trade and shipping in MTW doesn't work, period. The only solution to the problem IMHO is to take out sea trade and shipping altogether. This gives a more balanced campaign with more realistic expansion of territories and individual theatres of conflict.
    Oh no it doesnt, i just thought that you regard high import still a good idea if one wishes to play with the naval aspect on - removing shipping and trade altogether is a very good way to go - i am certain that there is a lot to be explored down that route.

Last edited by gollum; 03-07-2009 at 21:47.

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

Hmm, this is interesting. I agree about naval trade, it really never did work and you've given me courage to try removing it.

And Gollum, that information about the AI personalities is really helpful, I am definitely going to try that out as well. However, I was under the impression that AI personalities changed during the game, am I confusing something?

How exactly would you go about removing sea trade, I can only imagine it would be necessary to remove all trade entirely, is this correct? I don't know of a way to only stop sea trade.
    While trade is an interesting part of the game it works terribly and inevitably benefits the human over the AI.

I am going to hold off on starting another campaign for now as I try figure out how to make things work better.

Hmm, this is interesting. I agree about naval trade, it really never did work and you've given me courage to try removing it.

And Gollum, that information about the AI personalities is really helpful, I am definitely going to try that out as well. However, I was under the impression that AI personalities changed during the game, am I confusing something?

How exactly would you go about removing sea trade, I can only imagine it would be necessary to remove all trade entirely, is this correct? I don't know of a way to only stop sea trade.
    While trade is an interesting part of the game it works terribly and inevitably benefits the human over the AI.

I am going to hold off on starting another campaign for now as I try figure out how to make things work better.
    To stop sea trade you would have to stop all trade entirely, because as soon as a trader is built and a shipping link exists, trade occurs. The simple way to do this would be to remove goods and traders and assign a decent fixed income to ports.

The, somewhat different, approach I have gone for is to remove all shipping and keep ports, traders and trade goods intact. This stops the ridiculous "high speed" movement of army stacks all over the map and eliminates overseas trade altogether. Instead of sea trade you exploit the "local trade" income as a means of generating income per province based on the goods present. You would have to increase the value of the goods somewhat to make them worthwhile and perhaps add more goods, especially to landlocked provinces, to balance it out. The "local trade income" will then generate florins based on the goods and level of the trader built. Ports are retained and agents can still move from port to port.

So you removed ships entirely. That's a good idea, really. Could you save me some time by posting the relevant code you use in the EARLY period startpos? As far as the trade goods in provinces and their values, is concered.
    Last edited by Garnier; 03-08-2009 at 02:33.

Originally posted by Garnier
    Not that i know of. In STW and STW/MI AI personalities did indeed change with the ascent of a new daimyo as head of the clan - and teh faction behaved differently.

However in MTW/VI observation says that the AI faction personality is retained to the end of the game. EXPANSIONIST factions do behave expansionistically till game over etc.

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

These are the standard trade goods in MTW Vanilla:
    Code:
    DeclareTradegoods:: "GLASSWARE"	 40
    DeclareTradegoods:: "WOOD"		20
    DeclareTradegoods:: "FURS"		40
    DeclareTradegoods:: "WINE"		40
    DeclareTradegoods:: "WOOL"		30
    DeclareTradegoods:: "SILK"		40
    DeclareTradegoods:: "COTTON"	30
    DeclareTradegoods:: "LINEN"		30
    DeclareTradegoods:: "WAX"		20
    DeclareTradegoods:: "HONEY"		40
    DeclareTradegoods:: "SALT"		20
    DeclareTradegoods:: "HIDES"		30
    DeclareTradegoods:: "BUTTER"	20
    DeclareTradegoods:: "POTTERY"	30
    DeclareTradegoods:: "FISH"		20
    DeclareTradegoods:: "SPICES"	50
    DeclareTradegoods:: "GEMS"		50
    DeclareTradegoods:: "SUGAR"		40
    DeclareTradegoods:: "DYES"		50
    DeclareTradegoods:: "IVORY"		40
    DeclareTradegoods:: "OLIVEOIL"	30
    DeclareTradegoods:: "GRAIN"		30
    Without actual sea trade you'd be looking at increasing those to perhaps double their value to ensure that trading posts are worthwhile. e.g.

Code:
    DeclareTradegoods:: "GLASSWARE"	 80
    DeclareTradegoods:: "WOOD"		40
    DeclareTradegoods:: "FURS"		80
    You may also want to reduce the cost of building the traders slightly, though this depends on how you balance the income. You don't want to outlay 1000 florins on something that returns a pittance, neither do you want a structure that is too cheap to build and gives large returns.

Setting the trade goods per province is easy, just open Early.txt startpos file (or High.txt or Late.txt) and find this section:

Code:
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_ANJOU			SILK		LINEN
    SetResources::		ID_ALGERIA			GOLD			
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_ANJOU			LINEN		SILK
    //SetResources::	ID_ANTIOCH				
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_ANTIOCH			SILK		SPICES		GEMS
    SetResources::		ID_AQUITAINE		SALT
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_AQUITAINE		WINE
    SetResources::		ID_ARAGON			IRON
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_ARMENIA			SILK		SPICES		GEMS
    SetResources::		ID_AUSTRIA			COPPER			
    SetResources::		ID_BAVARIA			SALT			
    SetResources::		ID_BOHEMIA			IRON		SILVER
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_BOHEMIA			LINEN
    SetResources::		ID_BRANDENBURG		COPPER		
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_BRANDENBURG		LINEN		GRAIN
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_BRITTANY			LINEN
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_BULGARIA			GRAIN
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_BURGUNDY			WINE
    SetResources::		ID_CARPATHIA		COPPER		SILVER		IRON
    SetResources::		ID_CASTILE			IRON			
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_CASTILE			SILK			
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_CHAMPAGNE		GRAIN			
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_CONSTANTINOPLE	SILK		GRAIN		DYES
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_CORDOBA			SILK		HIDES	
    SetResources::		ID_CORSICA			SALT
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_CRIMEA			GRAIN			
    SetResources::		ID_CROATIA			SILVER		COPPER			
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_DENMARK			BUTTER		FISH
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_EDESSA			SILK		SPICES		GEMS		
    //SetResources::	ID_EGYPT			
    SetTradableGoods::  ID_EGYPT			COTTON		IVORY		
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_FINLAND			FURS
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_FLANDERS			GRAIN		SILK		WOOL
    SetResources::		ID_FRANCONIA		IRON
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_FREISLAND		WOOL
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_GENOA	 		SILK
    SetResources::		ID_GRANADA			SILVER
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_GREECE			SILK
    SetResources::		ID_HUNGARY			COPPER		IRON
    SetTradableGoods::  ID_ILE_DE_FRANCE	GRAIN
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_IRELAND			WOOL
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_KHAZAR			WAX			HONEY		HIDES
    SetTradableGoods::  ID_KIEV				LINEN		GRAIN
    SetResources::		ID_LEON				IRON
    SetTradableGoods::  ID_LEON				WOOL
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_LITHUANIA 		WOOD		BUTTER		HIDES		
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_LIVONIA			WOOD		BUTTER
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_LORRAINE			POTTERY		LINEN
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_MERCIA			WOOL
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_MILAN	 		SILK
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_MOLDAVIA			GRAIN
    SetResources::		ID_MOROCCO			GOLD
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_MOROCCO			HIDES
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_MUSCOVY			FURS
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_NAPLES			OLIVEOIL	SILK
    SetResources::		ID_NAVARRE			IRON
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_NICAEA			GRAIN
    SetResources::		ID_NORTH_UMBRIA		COPPER
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_NORTH_UMBRIA		WOOL		FISH
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_NORWAY			FISH		WOOD
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_NOVGOROD			FURS		WOOD
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_POLAND			GRAIN		WOOD
    SetResources::		ID_POMERANIA		SALT	
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_POMERANIA		GRAIN		LINEN
    SetResources::		ID_PORTUGAL			SALT
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_PORTUGAL			WAX			OLIVEOIL
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_PRUSSIA			WAX
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_RYAZAN			HIDES
    SetResources::		ID_SARDINIA			SILVER		SALT
    SetResources::		ID_SAXONY			SALT
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_SAXONY			GRAIN
    SetResources::		ID_SERBIA			GOLD
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_SICILY			SILK		SUGAR		GRAIN
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_SILESIA			WOOD
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_SMOLENSK			WOOD
    SetResources::		ID_SWABIA			SALT
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_SWABIA			WINE
    SetResources::		ID_SWEDEN			COPPER		IRON
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_SWEDEN			FURS		FISH		WOOD
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_SYRIA			GEMS		
    SetResources::		ID_TOULOUSE			SALT
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_TOULOUSE			SILK
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_TRIPOLI			SUGAR		COTTON
    SetResources::		ID_TUNISIA			GOLD
    SetResources::		ID_TUSCANY			IRON
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_TUSCANY			WOOL
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_VALENCIA			SILK
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_VENICE			GLASSWARE	SILK		WOOL	
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_VOLGA_BULGARIA	FURS	
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_VOLHYNIA			WOOD
    SetResources::		ID_WALES			COPPER
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_WESSEX			WOOL
    To change the trade goods you simple need to add the required good to the line for that province e.g:
    Code:
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_ANJOU			SILK		LINEN
    SetResources::		ID_ALGERIA			GOLD			
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_ANJOU			WINE		LINEN		SILK
    //SetResources::	ID_ANTIOCH				
    SetTradableGoods::	ID_ANTIOCH			SILK		SPICES		GEMS
    To remove shipping simply make shipyards only buildable by the rebels in crusaders_build_prod13.txt. to do this add the following to column 20 row 33:

Code:
    "{FN_REBEL},{FN_REBEL},{FN_REBEL},{FN_REBEL}"
    Then make ships unbuildable by adding "NO_FACTION" against each ship type in column 50 of crusaders_unitprod11.txt.

Next find the "MakeUnit" section in your startpos file and look for lines like this, placing ships in provinces:

Code:
    MakeUnit:: ID_GENOA				Galley				1
    Comment those lines out as follows:

Code:
    //MakeUnit:: ID_GENOA				Galley				1
    Also do the same with any shipyards listed against "MakeBuilding".

The next stage is to landbridge the islands to the mainland, but that's a whole new discussion. Assuming that you're working on Vanilla where no I would suggest:

Ireland -> Wales/Scotland

Corsica -> Genoa/Tuscany

Crete -> Greece

Malta -> Sicily

Cyprus -> Antioch

Rhodes -> Nicaea
    Last edited by caravel; 03-08-2009 at 14:38.

Oh, sorry I wasn't clear. I know how to do all that of course, what I was asking was if you had the code you use for the trade goods in each province (as in the entire list of province trade goods). I have no idea on regional accuracy and didn't feel like making all that up myself. If you've not done it yet either don't worry about it.

I see... well I haven't finished assigning trade goods as yet. When I have you are free to download the next version of the mod and have a look at the startpos file.

You could consult "The Cambridge economic history of Europe, Volume II, Trade and industry in the Middle Ages" in Google Books or a library. It has a lot of information about medieval commerce. An historical atlas which contained some maps about trade could be useful in helping to set the proper tradable goods in their respective regions.

Well, I've gone ahead and made the landbridges where you suggested them. I played a game as Italy for a while and it appeared to work fine. Here's the border info code that I added in:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    SetBorderInfo::	ID_SCOTLAND	ID_IRELAND	0	0	0	LUSH	AT_WESTERN_EUROPEAN	COAST	HILLY	NO_RIVER
    SetBorderInfo::	ID_WALES	ID_IRELAND	0	0	0	LUSH	AT_WESTERN_EUROPEAN	COAST	HILLY	NO_RIVER
    SetBorderInfo::	ID_IRELAND	ID_WALES	0	0	0	LUSH	AT_WESTERN_EUROPEAN	COAST	HILLY	NO_RIVER
    SetBorderInfo::	ID_IRELAND	ID_SCOTLAND	0	0	0	TEMPERATE	AT_WESTERN_EUROPEAN	COAST	HILLY	NO_RIVER
    SetBorderInfo::	ID_CRETE	ID_GREECE	0	0	0	ARID	AT_SOUTHERN_EUROPEAN	COAST	HILLY	NO_RIVER
    SetBorderInfo::	ID_GREECE	ID_CRETE	0	0	0	ARID	AT_SOUTHERN_EUROPEAN	COAST	HILLY	NO_RIVER
    SetBorderInfo::	ID_NICAEA	ID_RHODES	0	0	0	ARID	AT_SOUTHERN_EUROPEAN	COAST	HILLY	NO_RIVER
    SetBorderInfo::	ID_RHODES	ID_NICAEA	0	0	0	ARID	AT_EASTERN_EUROPEAN	COAST	HILLY	NO_RIVER
    SetBorderInfo::	ID_ANTIOCH	ID_CYPRUS	0	0	0	ARID	AT_SOUTHERN_EUROPEAN	COAST	HILLY	NO_RIVER
    SetBorderInfo::	ID_CYPRUS	ID_ANTIOCH	0	0	0	ARID	AT_ISLAMIC	COAST	HILLY	NO_RIVER
    SetBorderInfo::	ID_TUSCANY	ID_CORSICA	0	0	0	ARID	AT_SOUTHERN_EUROPEAN	COAST	HILLY	NO_RIVER
    SetBorderInfo::	ID_GENOA	ID_CORSICA	0	0	0	ARID	AT_SOUTHERN_EUROPEAN	COAST	HILLY	NO_RIVER
    SetBorderInfo::	ID_CORSICA	ID_GENOA	0	0	0	ARID	AT_SOUTHERN_EUROPEAN	COAST	HILLY	NO_RIVER
    SetBorderInfo::	ID_CORSICA	ID_TUSCANY	0	0	0	ARID	AT_SOUTHERN_EUROPEAN	COAST	HILLY	NO_RIVER
    SetBorderInfo::	ID_SICILY	ID_MALTA	0	0	0	ARID	AT_SOUTHERN_EUROPEAN	COAST	HILLY	NO_RIVER
    SetBorderInfo::	ID_MALTA	ID_SICILY	0	0	0	ARID	AT_SOUTHERN_EUROPEAN	COAST	HILLY	NO_RIVER

And here's all of my neighbors code (the additions are mixed in to keep the provinces in order):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    SetNeighbours:: ID_SCOTLAND	ID_IRELAND	ID_NORTH_UMBRIA	ID_NORTH_SEA	ID_NORTH_ATLANTIC	ID_IRISH_SEA
    SetNeighbours:: ID_NORTH_UMBRIA	ID_MERCIA	ID_SCOTLAND	ID_NORTH_SEA	ID_IRISH_SEA
    SetNeighbours:: ID_MERCIA	ID_NORTH_UMBRIA	ID_WALES	ID_WESSEX	ID_NORTH_SEA	ID_ENGLISH_CHANNEL ID_IRISH_SEA
    SetNeighbours:: ID_WALES	ID_IRELAND	ID_MERCIA	ID_WESSEX	ID_IRISH_SEA						
    SetNeighbours:: ID_WESSEX	ID_MERCIA	ID_WALES	ID_FLANDERS	ID_ENGLISH_CHANNEL	ID_IRISH_SEA
    SetNeighbours:: ID_IRELAND	ID_WALES	ID_SCOTLAND	ID_IRISH_SEA	ID_NORTH_ATLANTIC
    SetNeighbours:: ID_NORWAY	ID_SWEDEN	ID_NORWEGIAN_SEA	ID_SKAGERRAK						
    SetNeighbours:: ID_SWEDEN	ID_DENMARK	ID_NORWAY	ID_SKAGERRAK	ID_BALTIC_SEA					
    SetNeighbours:: ID_DENMARK	ID_SWEDEN	ID_SAXONY	ID_SKAGERRAK	ID_NORTH_SEA
    SetNeighbours:: ID_FINLAND	ID_NOVGOROD	ID_BALTIC_SEA							
    SetNeighbours:: ID_NOVGOROD	ID_FINLAND	ID_LIVONIA	ID_LITHUANIA ID_SMOLENSK	ID_MUSCOVY	ID_BALTIC_SEA					
    SetNeighbours:: ID_MUSCOVY	ID_NOVGOROD	ID_SMOLENSK	ID_CHERNIGOV	ID_RYAZAN	ID_VOLGA_BULGARIA
    SetNeighbours:: ID_VOLGA_BULGARIA	ID_MUSCOVY	ID_RYAZAN	ID_KHAZAR
    SetNeighbours:: ID_LIVONIA	ID_NOVGOROD	ID_LITHUANIA	ID_BALTIC_SEA							
    SetNeighbours:: ID_SMOLENSK	ID_NOVGOROD	ID_LITHUANIA	ID_CHERNIGOV	ID_MUSCOVY						
    SetNeighbours:: ID_RYAZAN	ID_CHERNIGOV	ID_KHAZAR	ID_VOLGA_BULGARIA	ID_MUSCOVY							
    SetNeighbours:: ID_CHERNIGOV	ID_LITHUANIA	ID_KIEV	ID_PEREYASLAVL	ID_KHAZAR	ID_RYAZAN	ID_MUSCOVY	ID_SMOLENSK				
    SetNeighbours:: ID_LITHUANIA	ID_LIVONIA	ID_PRUSSIA	ID_VOLHYNIA	ID_KIEV	ID_CHERNIGOV	ID_SMOLENSK	ID_NOVGOROD ID_BALTIC_SEA			
    SetNeighbours:: ID_PEREYASLAVL	ID_CHERNIGOV	ID_KIEV	ID_KHAZAR
    SetNeighbours:: ID_KHAZAR	ID_CHERNIGOV	ID_PEREYASLAVL	ID_KIEV	ID_CRIMEA	ID_GEORGIA	ID_VOLGA_BULGARIA	ID_RYAZAN	ID_BLACK_SEA
    SetNeighbours:: ID_KIEV		ID_LITHUANIA	ID_VOLHYNIA	ID_MOLDAVIA	ID_CRIMEA	ID_KHAZAR	ID_PEREYASLAVL	ID_CHERNIGOV	ID_BLACK_SEA				
    SetNeighbours:: ID_CRIMEA	ID_KIEV	ID_KHAZAR	ID_BLACK_SEA
    SetNeighbours:: ID_VOLHYNIA	ID_PRUSSIA	ID_POLAND	ID_MOLDAVIA	ID_KIEV	ID_LITHUANIA					
    SetNeighbours:: ID_PRUSSIA	ID_POMERANIA	ID_POLAND	ID_VOLHYNIA	ID_LITHUANIA	ID_BALTIC_SEA					
    SetNeighbours:: ID_MOLDAVIA	ID_POLAND	ID_CARPATHIA	ID_WALLACHIA	ID_BULGARIA	ID_KIEV	ID_VOLHYNIA	ID_BLACK_SEA	
    SetNeighbours:: ID_CARPATHIA	ID_HUNGARY	ID_WALLACHIA	ID_MOLDAVIA	ID_POLAND
    SetNeighbours:: ID_WALLACHIA	ID_CARPATHIA	ID_HUNGARY	ID_BULGARIA	ID_MOLDAVIA							
    SetNeighbours:: ID_BULGARIA	ID_HUNGARY	ID_SERBIA	ID_GREECE	ID_CONSTANTINOPLE	ID_MOLDAVIA	ID_WALLACHIA	ID_BLACK_SEA
    SetNeighbours:: ID_HUNGARY	ID_BOHEMIA	ID_AUSTRIA	ID_CROATIA	ID_SERBIA	ID_BULGARIA	ID_WALLACHIA	ID_CARPATHIA	ID_POLAND	
    SetNeighbours:: ID_POLAND	ID_POMERANIA	ID_BRANDENBURG	ID_SILESIA	ID_BOHEMIA	ID_HUNGARY	ID_CARPATHIA	ID_MOLDAVIA	ID_VOLHYNIA	ID_PRUSSIA		
    SetNeighbours:: ID_POMERANIA	ID_SAXONY	ID_BRANDENBURG	ID_POLAND	ID_PRUSSIA	ID_BALTIC_SEA	ID_SKAGERRAK					
    SetNeighbours:: ID_BRANDENBURG	ID_SAXONY	ID_FRANCONIA	ID_SILESIA	ID_POLAND	ID_POMERANIA					
    SetNeighbours:: ID_SILESIA	ID_BRANDENBURG	ID_FRANCONIA	ID_BOHEMIA	ID_POLAND						
    SetNeighbours:: ID_BOHEMIA	ID_FRANCONIA	ID_BAVARIA	ID_AUSTRIA	ID_HUNGARY	ID_POLAND	ID_SILESIA				
    SetNeighbours:: ID_SAXONY	ID_FREISLAND	ID_FRANCONIA	ID_BRANDENBURG	ID_POMERANIA	ID_DENMARK	ID_NORTH_SEA	ID_SKAGERRAK				
    SetNeighbours:: ID_FREISLAND	ID_FLANDERS	ID_LORRAINE	ID_FRANCONIA	ID_SAXONY	ID_NORTH_SEA	ID_ENGLISH_CHANNEL				
    SetNeighbours:: ID_FLANDERS	ID_WESSEX	ID_NORMANDY	ID_ILE_DE_FRANCE	ID_CHAMPAGNE	ID_LORRAINE	ID_FREISLAND	ID_ENGLISH_CHANNEL		
    SetNeighbours:: ID_NORMANDY	ID_BRITTANY	ID_ANJOU	ID_ILE_DE_FRANCE	ID_FLANDERS	ID_ENGLISH_CHANNEL				
    SetNeighbours:: ID_BRITTANY	ID_AQUITAINE	ID_ANJOU	ID_NORMANDY	ID_BAY_OF_BISCAY	ID_ENGLISH_CHANNEL
    SetNeighbours:: ID_FRANCONIA	ID_FREISLAND	ID_LORRAINE	ID_SWABIA	ID_BAVARIA	ID_BOHEMIA	ID_SILESIA	ID_BRANDENBURG	ID_SAXONY		
    SetNeighbours:: ID_LORRAINE	ID_FLANDERS	ID_CHAMPAGNE	ID_ILE_DE_FRANCE	ID_BURGUNDY	ID_SWABIA	ID_FRANCONIA	ID_FREISLAND			
    SetNeighbours:: ID_CHAMPAGNE	ID_FLANDERS	ID_ILE_DE_FRANCE	ID_LORRAINE							
    SetNeighbours:: ID_ILE_DE_FRANCE	ID_NORMANDY	ID_ANJOU	ID_BURGUNDY	ID_LORRAINE	ID_CHAMPAGNE	ID_FLANDERS				
    SetNeighbours:: ID_ANJOU	ID_BRITTANY	ID_AQUITAINE	ID_TOULOUSE	ID_BURGUNDY	ID_ILE_DE_FRANCE	ID_NORMANDY				
    SetNeighbours:: ID_AQUITAINE	ID_BRITTANY	ID_NAVARRE	ID_ARAGON	ID_TOULOUSE	ID_ANJOU	ID_BAY_OF_BISCAY				
    SetNeighbours:: ID_TOULOUSE	ID_AQUITAINE	ID_ARAGON	ID_PROVENCE	ID_BURGUNDY	ID_ANJOU	ID_GULF_LIONS				
    SetNeighbours:: ID_PROVENCE	ID_TOULOUSE	ID_GENOA	ID_MILAN	ID_BURGUNDY	ID_LIGURIAN_SEA	ID_GULF_LIONS					
    SetNeighbours:: ID_BURGUNDY	ID_ILE_DE_FRANCE	ID_ANJOU	ID_TOULOUSE	ID_PROVENCE	ID_MILAN	ID_TYROLIA	ID_SWITZERLAND	ID_SWABIA	ID_LORRAINE	
    SetNeighbours:: ID_SWABIA	ID_LORRAINE	ID_BURGUNDY	ID_SWITZERLAND	ID_TYROLIA	ID_BAVARIA	ID_FRANCONIA				
    SetNeighbours:: ID_BAVARIA	ID_FRANCONIA	ID_SWABIA	ID_TYROLIA	ID_AUSTRIA	ID_BOHEMIA					
    SetNeighbours:: ID_SWITZERLAND	ID_BURGUNDY	ID_TYROLIA	ID_SWABIA							
    SetNeighbours:: ID_TYROLIA	ID_SWABIA	ID_SWITZERLAND	ID_BURGUNDY	ID_MILAN	ID_VENICE	ID_AUSTRIA	ID_BAVARIA			
    SetNeighbours:: ID_AUSTRIA	ID_BAVARIA	ID_TYROLIA	ID_VENICE	ID_CROATIA	ID_HUNGARY	ID_BOHEMIA				
    SetNeighbours:: ID_CROATIA	ID_VENICE	ID_SERBIA	ID_HUNGARY	ID_AUSTRIA	ID_ADRIATIC_OCEAN					
    SetNeighbours:: ID_SERBIA	ID_CROATIA	ID_GREECE	ID_BULGARIA	ID_HUNGARY	ID_ADRIATIC_OCEAN					
    SetNeighbours:: ID_GREECE	ID_CRETE	ID_CONSTANTINOPLE	ID_BULGARIA	ID_SERBIA	ID_MIRTOON_SEA	ID_IONIAN_SEA	ID_ADRIATIC_OCEAN	ID_AEGEAN_SEA
    SetNeighbours:: ID_CONSTANTINOPLE	ID_BULGARIA	ID_GREECE	ID_NICAEA	ID_TREBIZOND	ID_SEA_MARMARA	ID_AEGEAN_SEA		ID_BLACK_SEA			
    SetNeighbours:: ID_CRETE	ID_GREECE	ID_SEA_CRETE						
    SetNeighbours:: ID_RHODES	ID_NICAEA	ID_DODECANESE_SEA						
    SetNeighbours:: ID_GEORGIA	ID_KHAZAR	ID_TREBIZOND	ID_ARMENIA	ID_BLACK_SEA						
    SetNeighbours:: ID_ARMENIA	ID_TREBIZOND	ID_RUM	ID_SYRIA	ID_GEORGIA						
    SetNeighbours:: ID_RUM	ID_TREBIZOND	ID_ANATOLIA	ID_LESSER_ARMENIA	ID_EDESSA	ID_SYRIA	ID_ARMENIA				
    SetNeighbours:: ID_LESSER_ARMENIA	ID_ANATOLIA	ID_ANTIOCH	ID_EDESSA	ID_RUM	ID_EASTERN_MED					
    SetNeighbours:: ID_EDESSA	ID_RUM	ID_LESSER_ARMENIA	ID_ANTIOCH	ID_SYRIA						
    SetNeighbours:: ID_TREBIZOND	ID_CONSTANTINOPLE	ID_NICAEA	ID_ANATOLIA	ID_RUM	ID_ARMENIA	ID_GEORGIA	ID_BLACK_SEA			
    SetNeighbours:: ID_NICAEA	ID_RHODES	ID_CONSTANTINOPLE	ID_ANATOLIA	ID_TREBIZOND	ID_AEGEAN_SEA	ID_DODECANESE_SEA	ID_EASTERN_MED
    SetNeighbours:: ID_ANATOLIA	ID_NICAEA	ID_LESSER_ARMENIA	ID_RUM	ID_TREBIZOND	ID_EASTERN_MED				
    SetNeighbours:: ID_CYPRUS	ID_ANTIOCH	ID_EASTERN_MED						
    SetNeighbours:: ID_ANTIOCH	ID_CYPRUS	ID_LESSER_ARMENIA	ID_TRIPOLI	ID_SYRIA	ID_EDESSA	ID_EASTERN_MED				
    SetNeighbours:: ID_SYRIA	ID_ANTIOCH	ID_TRIPOLI	ID_JERUSALEM	ID_ARABIA	ID_ARMENIA	ID_RUM	ID_EDESSA			
    SetNeighbours:: ID_TRIPOLI	ID_JERUSALEM	ID_SYRIA	ID_ANTIOCH	ID_NILE_COAST	ID_EASTERN_MED
    SetNeighbours:: ID_JERUSALEM	ID_SINAI	ID_ARABIA	ID_SYRIA	ID_TRIPOLI	ID_NILE_COAST					
    SetNeighbours:: ID_ARABIA	ID_JERUSALEM	ID_SINAI	ID_SYRIA							
    SetNeighbours:: ID_SINAI	ID_EGYPT	ID_ARABIA	ID_JERUSALEM	ID_NILE_COAST						
    SetNeighbours:: ID_EGYPT	ID_LIBYA	ID_SINAI	ID_NILE_COAST							
    SetNeighbours:: ID_LIBYA	ID_TUNISIA	ID_EGYPT	ID_GULF_SIDRA	ID_GULF_GABES		ID_NILE_COAST				
    SetNeighbours:: ID_TUNISIA	ID_ALGERIA	ID_LIBYA	ID_GULF_GABES	ID_AFRIKA_COAST
    SetNeighbours:: ID_ALGERIA	ID_MOROCCO	ID_TUNISIA	ID_MOORISH_COAST	ID_AFRIKA_COAST							
    SetNeighbours:: ID_MOROCCO	ID_ALGERIA	ID_GRANADA	ID_CORDOBA	ID_STRAITS_GIBRALTAR	ID_ATLANTIC_COAST		ID_MOORISH_COAST
    SetNeighbours:: ID_GRANADA	ID_CORDOBA	ID_MOROCCO	ID_STRAITS_GIBRALTAR							
    SetNeighbours:: ID_CORDOBA	ID_PORTUGAL	ID_MOROCCO	ID_GRANADA	ID_VALENCIA	ID_CASTILE	ID_LEON	ID_GULF_VALENCIA	ID_GULF_CADIZ	ID_STRAITS_GIBRALTAR		
    SetNeighbours:: ID_PORTUGAL	ID_CORDOBA	ID_LEON	ID_SPANISH_COAST	ID_GULF_CADIZ						
    SetNeighbours:: ID_LEON	ID_PORTUGAL	ID_CORDOBA	ID_CASTILE	ID_COSTA_VERDE	ID_SPANISH_COAST
    SetNeighbours:: ID_CASTILE	ID_LEON	ID_CORDOBA	ID_VALENCIA	ID_ARAGON	ID_NAVARRE	ID_COSTA_VERDE					
    SetNeighbours:: ID_VALENCIA ID_CASTILE	ID_CORDOBA	ID_ARAGON	ID_GULF_VALENCIA
    SetNeighbours:: ID_NAVARRE	ID_CASTILE	ID_ARAGON	ID_AQUITAINE	ID_COSTA_VERDE	ID_BAY_OF_BISCAY						
    SetNeighbours:: ID_ARAGON	ID_CASTILE	ID_VALENCIA	ID_TOULOUSE	ID_AQUITAINE	ID_NAVARRE	ID_GULF_LIONS			
    SetNeighbours:: ID_CORSICA	ID_TUSCANY	ID_GENOA	ID_SARDINIA	ID_LIGURIAN_SEA	ID_TYRRHENIAN_SEA						
    SetNeighbours:: ID_SARDINIA	ID_CORSICA	ID_TYRRHENIAN_SEA							
    SetNeighbours:: ID_GENOA	ID_CORSICA	ID_PROVENCE	ID_TUSCANY	ID_MILAN	ID_LIGURIAN_SEA
    SetNeighbours:: ID_MILAN	ID_PROVENCE	ID_GENOA	ID_TUSCANY	ID_VENICE	ID_TYROLIA	ID_BURGUNDY				
    SetNeighbours:: ID_VENICE	ID_MILAN	ID_TUSCANY	ID_PAPAL_STATES	ID_CROATIA	ID_AUSTRIA	ID_TYROLIA	ID_ADRIATIC_OCEAN			
    SetNeighbours:: ID_TUSCANY	ID_CORSICA	ID_GENOA	ID_ROME	ID_PAPAL_STATES	ID_VENICE	ID_MILAN	ID_LIGURIAN_SEA	ID_TYRRHENIAN_SEA
    SetNeighbours:: ID_PAPAL_STATES	ID_TUSCANY	ID_ROME	ID_NAPLES	ID_VENICE	ID_ADRIATIC_OCEAN					
    SetNeighbours:: ID_ROME	ID_NAPLES	ID_PAPAL_STATES	ID_TUSCANY	ID_TYRRHENIAN_SEA					
    SetNeighbours:: ID_NAPLES	ID_ROME	ID_SICILY	ID_PAPAL_STATES	ID_ADRIATIC_OCEAN ID_TYRRHENIAN_SEA ID_STRAITS_SICILY	ID_IONIAN_SEA
    SetNeighbours:: ID_MALTA	ID_SICILY	ID_MALTESE_CHANNEL
    SetNeighbours:: ID_SICILY	ID_MALTA	ID_NAPLES	ID_STRAITS_SICILY							

SetNeighbours:: ID_NORTH_ATLANTIC	ID_SCOTLAND	ID_IRELAND	ID_IRISH_SEA	ID_NORWEGIAN_SEA	ID_NORTH_SEA	ID_ATLANTIC_OCEAN			
    SetNeighbours:: ID_IRISH_SEA	ID_SCOTLAND	ID_NORTH_UMBRIA	ID_MERCIA	ID_WALES	ID_WESSEX	ID_IRELAND	ID_NORTH_ATLANTIC	ID_ENGLISH_CHANNEL	ID_ATLANTIC_OCEAN	
    SetNeighbours:: ID_NORWEGIAN_SEA	ID_NORWAY	ID_NORTH_ATLANTIC	ID_SKAGERRAK	ID_NORTH_SEA						
    SetNeighbours:: ID_SKAGERRAK	ID_NORWAY	ID_SWEDEN	ID_DENMARK	ID_POMERANIA	ID_SAXONY	ID_NORWEGIAN_SEA	ID_BALTIC_SEA	ID_NORTH_SEA		
    SetNeighbours:: ID_BALTIC_SEA	ID_SWEDEN	ID_FINLAND	ID_NOVGOROD	ID_LIVONIA	ID_LITHUANIA	ID_PRUSSIA	ID_POMERANIA	ID_SKAGERRAK		
    SetNeighbours:: ID_NORTH_SEA	ID_DENMARK	ID_SAXONY	ID_FREISLAND	ID_MERCIA	ID_NORTH_UMBRIA	ID_SCOTLAND	ID_NORTH_ATLANTIC	ID_NORWEGIAN_SEA	ID_SKAGERRAK	ID_ENGLISH_CHANNEL
    SetNeighbours:: ID_ENGLISH_CHANNEL	ID_FREISLAND	ID_FLANDERS	ID_NORMANDY	ID_BRITTANY	ID_WESSEX	ID_MERCIA	ID_NORTH_SEA	ID_BAY_OF_BISCAY	ID_ATLANTIC_OCEAN	ID_IRISH_SEA	
    SetNeighbours:: ID_ATLANTIC_OCEAN	ID_NORTH_ATLANTIC	ID_IRISH_SEA	ID_ENGLISH_CHANNEL	ID_BAY_OF_BISCAY	ID_COSTA_VERDE	ID_SPANISH_COAST	ID_GULF_CADIZ	ID_STRAITS_GIBRALTAR	ID_ATLANTIC_COAST
    SetNeighbours:: ID_BAY_OF_BISCAY	ID_BRITTANY	ID_AQUITAINE	ID_NAVARRE	ID_ENGLISH_CHANNEL	ID_COSTA_VERDE	ID_ATLANTIC_OCEAN				
    SetNeighbours:: ID_COSTA_VERDE	ID_NAVARRE	ID_CASTILE	ID_LEON	ID_BAY_OF_BISCAY	ID_SPANISH_COAST	ID_ATLANTIC_OCEAN				
    SetNeighbours:: ID_SPANISH_COAST	ID_LEON	ID_PORTUGAL	ID_COSTA_VERDE	ID_GULF_CADIZ	ID_ATLANTIC_OCEAN					
    SetNeighbours:: ID_GULF_CADIZ	ID_PORTUGAL	ID_CORDOBA	ID_SPANISH_COAST	ID_STRAITS_GIBRALTAR	ID_ATLANTIC_OCEAN					
    SetNeighbours:: ID_STRAITS_GIBRALTAR	ID_CORDOBA	ID_GRANADA	ID_MOROCCO	ID_GULF_CADIZ	ID_GULF_VALENCIA	ID_WESTERN_MED	ID_MOORISH_COAST	ID_ATLANTIC_OCEAN	ID_ATLANTIC_COAST	ID_ATLANTIC_COAST
    SetNeighbours:: ID_WESTERN_MED	ID_STRAITS_GIBRALTAR	ID_GULF_VALENCIA	ID_GULF_LIONS	ID_LIGURIAN_SEA	ID_TYRRHENIAN_SEA	ID_STRAITS_SICILY	ID_MALTESE_CHANNEL	ID_GULF_GABES	ID_AFRIKA_COAST	ID_MOORISH_COAST
    SetNeighbours:: ID_GULF_VALENCIA	ID_CORDOBA	ID_VALENCIA	ID_GULF_LIONS	ID_WESTERN_MED	ID_STRAITS_GIBRALTAR					
    SetNeighbours:: ID_GULF_LIONS	ID_ARAGON	ID_TOULOUSE	ID_PROVENCE	ID_LIGURIAN_SEA	ID_WESTERN_MED	ID_GULF_VALENCIA				
    SetNeighbours:: ID_LIGURIAN_SEA	ID_PROVENCE	ID_GENOA	ID_TUSCANY	ID_CORSICA	ID_TYRRHENIAN_SEA	ID_WESTERN_MED	ID_GULF_LIONS			
    SetNeighbours:: ID_TYRRHENIAN_SEA	ID_TUSCANY	ID_ROME	ID_NAPLES	ID_SARDINIA	ID_CORSICA	ID_STRAITS_SICILY	ID_WESTERN_MED	ID_LIGURIAN_SEA		
    SetNeighbours:: ID_STRAITS_SICILY	ID_NAPLES	ID_SICILY	ID_TYRRHENIAN_SEA	ID_IONIAN_SEA	ID_CENTRAL_MED	ID_MALTESE_CHANNEL	ID_WESTERN_MED			
    SetNeighbours:: ID_MALTESE_CHANNEL	ID_MALTA	ID_STRAITS_SICILY	ID_CENTRAL_MED	ID_GULF_SIDRA	ID_GULF_GABES	ID_WESTERN_MED				
    SetNeighbours:: ID_GULF_GABES	ID_LIBYA	ID_TUNISIA	ID_MALTESE_CHANNEL	ID_GULF_SIDRA	ID_AFRIKA_COAST	ID_WESTERN_MED				
    SetNeighbours:: ID_AFRIKA_COAST	ID_TUNISIA	ID_ALGERIA	ID_WESTERN_MED	ID_GULF_GABES	ID_MOORISH_COAST					
    SetNeighbours:: ID_MOORISH_COAST	ID_ALGERIA	ID_MOROCCO	ID_WESTERN_MED	ID_AFRIKA_COAST	ID_STRAITS_GIBRALTAR					
    SetNeighbours:: ID_ADRIATIC_OCEAN	ID_VENICE	ID_CROATIA	ID_SERBIA	ID_GREECE	ID_NAPLES	ID_PAPAL_STATES	ID_IONIAN_SEA			
    SetNeighbours:: ID_IONIAN_SEA	ID_GREECE	ID_NAPLES	ID_ADRIATIC_OCEAN	ID_MIRTOON_SEA	ID_CENTRAL_MED	ID_STRAITS_SICILY				
    SetNeighbours:: ID_CENTRAL_MED	ID_IONIAN_SEA	ID_MIRTOON_SEA	ID_SEA_CRETE	ID_NILE_COAST	ID_GULF_SIDRA	ID_MALTESE_CHANNEL	ID_STRAITS_SICILY			
    SetNeighbours:: ID_GULF_SIDRA	ID_LIBYA	ID_CENTRAL_MED	ID_NILE_COAST	ID_GULF_GABES	ID_MALTESE_CHANNEL					
    SetNeighbours:: ID_MIRTOON_SEA	ID_GREECE	ID_AEGEAN_SEA	ID_SEA_CRETE	ID_CENTRAL_MED	ID_IONIAN_SEA					
    SetNeighbours:: ID_AEGEAN_SEA	ID_CONSTANTINOPLE	ID_NICAEA	ID_GREECE	ID_SEA_MARMARA	ID_DODECANESE_SEA	ID_SEA_CRETE	ID_MIRTOON_SEA			
    SetNeighbours:: ID_SEA_MARMARA	ID_CONSTANTINOPLE	ID_BLACK_SEA	ID_AEGEAN_SEA							
    SetNeighbours:: ID_BLACK_SEA	ID_CRIMEA	ID_KHAZAR	ID_GEORGIA	ID_TREBIZOND	ID_CONSTANTINOPLE	ID_BULGARIA	ID_MOLDAVIA	ID_KIEV	ID_SEA_MARMARA		
    SetNeighbours:: ID_SEA_CRETE	ID_CRETE	ID_AEGEAN_SEA	ID_DODECANESE_SEA	ID_EASTERN_MED	ID_NILE_COAST	ID_CENTRAL_MED	ID_MIRTOON_SEA			
    SetNeighbours:: ID_DODECANESE_SEA	ID_NICAEA	ID_RHODES	ID_EASTERN_MED	ID_SEA_CRETE	ID_AEGEAN_SEA				
    SetNeighbours:: ID_EASTERN_MED	ID_NICAEA	ID_ANATOLIA	ID_LESSER_ARMENIA	ID_ANTIOCH	ID_TRIPOLI	ID_CYPRUS	ID_NILE_COAST	ID_SEA_CRETE	ID_DODECANESE_SEA	
    SetNeighbours:: ID_NILE_COAST	ID_TRIPOLI	ID_JERUSALEM	ID_SINAI	ID_EGYPT	ID_LIBYA	ID_EASTERN_MED	ID_SEA_CRETE	ID_GULF_SIDRA	ID_CENTRAL_MED	
    SetNeighbours:: ID_ATLANTIC_COAST	ID_MOROCCO	ID_ATLANTIC_OCEAN	ID_STRAITS_GIBRALTAR
    Last edited by Garnier; 03-08-2009 at 20:25.

The landbridges will make all the difference, as they will prevent the AI getting cut off on the islands - so no more Byzantine reappearances on Crete with 10,000 men - and no port...

Without landbridges the islands are useless, in fact some of the islands are useless anyway such as Malta and Rhodes (all that they add is "flavour" and they may be worthwhile if you're adding crusader states factions to the game). I have removed those two and used the provinces elsewhere, but if you're keeping them the landbridges are a must - even if you still have shipping.

Last edited by caravel; 03-08-2009 at 22:52.

I actually went on to add even more landbridges. I often play England and France, so I wanted their position to be more interesting. What I did was add even more landbridges on the following connections:

Wessex <-> Brittany
    Ireland <-> Brittany
    Wessex <-> Normandy
    North Umbria <-> Denmark
    Mercia <-> Friesland
    Scotland <-> Norway

So far this has made the game far more interesting. As England, you can't just take Flanders and hold it easily because if you don't protect Wessex the French will invade behind you. They actually managed to drive me out of Wessex in my current game.

I am hoping to see the Danes use the opportunity to invade sometime. It makes England much more vulnerable, which is nice. Also as France, it would mean you have to defend all three of the English channel provinces to be truly safe from England.

I actually went on to add even more landbridges. I often play England and France, so I wanted their position to be more interesting. What I did was add even more landbridges on the following connections:

Wessex <-> Brittany
    Ireland <-> Brittany
    Wessex <-> Normandy
    North Umbria <-> Denmark
    Mercia <-> Friesland
    Scotland <-> Norway

So far this has made the game far more interesting. As England, you can't just take Flanders and hold it easily because if you don't protect Wessex the French will invade behind you. They actually managed to drive me out of Wessex in my current game.

I am hoping to see the Danes use the opportunity to invade sometime. It makes England much more vulnerable, which is nice. Also as France, it would mean you have to defend all three of the English channel provinces to be truly safe from England.
    Interesting idea. What I would say though is that with three French provinces linking to Wessex it is likely to be blitzed in a "Shinano" fashion by the French very early on in the campaign. This will wipe out the English capital and break their economy in a few years, effectively putting them out of the game. If you want contiguous English Territory it may be better to have the Normandy <-> Wessex landbridge and get rid of the landbridges to Flanders and Brittanny.

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

Perhaps you could make a few one-way land bridges leading out of Wessex into France, but only a single two-way land bridge going from say Normandy to Wessex. Thus allowing easy defense of the province but not constricting England's ability to lash out.
    Last edited by Raz; 03-16-2009 at 09:12.
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.