Thread: Help! I screwed up my UI

Default Help! I screwed up my UI

Somehow magically I managed to change my UI to this:

I don't recall a specific instance as to when it changed, I just remember opening up EB once and it being different. I really don't like this UI and prefer the original one. Can anyone tell me how to change it back? I've checked all of the in-game options but nothing seems to work.

I realize this isn't a Europa Barbarorum problem but this is the only place where I know I can get help.
    Last edited by kpatterson14206; 03-06-2009 at 20:41.

Default Re: Help! I screwed up my UI

go to Europa Barbarorum/Preferences
    uncheck "Minimal UI"

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Wink Re: Help! I screwed up my UI

Uncheck the box in the options that says minimal UI. It should be either in the options in-game or in the box that pops up when you begin opening EB. That is if you get that box.

Or go to C:\Rome - Total War\EB\preferences (or something like that, depending where you put your EB) and open the (usually) 3KB text document titled preferences, and change MINIMAL_UI:TRUE to MINIMAL_UI:FALSE

Apprentice Geologist Member Blxz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kpatterson14206 View Post
    Somehow magically I managed to change my UI to this:

I don't recall a specific instance as to when it changed, I just remember opening up EB once and it being different. I really don't like this UI and prefer the original one. Can anyone tell me how to change it back? I've checked all of the in-game options but nothing seems to work.

I realize this isn't a Europa Barbarorum problem but this is the only place where I know I can get help.
    heh, that sucks. Its in 'game options' IIRC, look for a little tick box Minimize UI. OR maybe you used the trivial script. never used it myself but I think i saw that option there once. Try looking carefully in those two places. the option IS there somewhere and you must have obviously clicked it once, just do a thorough search through the options menu's.
    Completed Campaigns:
    Macedonia EB 0.81 / Saby'n EB 1.1
    Qart'Hadarst EB 1.2 / Hai EB 1.2
    Current Campiagns:
    Getai/Sauromatae/Baktria
    donated by Brennus for attention to detail.

Blog Entries

Have you tried using it? If you remember that all the buttons are at the top of the screen, you'll soon adapt and find it much easier to use than the original, clunky UI.

Talking Re: Help! I screwed up my UI

Quote Originally Posted by Subotan View Post
    Have you tried using it? If you remember that all the buttons are at the top of the screen, you'll soon adapt and find it much easier to use than the original, clunky UI.
    Well that is what I thought when I accidentally changed IU myself, but people get very attached to things. We are prone to change by nature. Plus, there is also the aesthetics..

Quote Originally Posted by Subotan View Post
    Yes but I can't find the speed up buttons which allow me to get through otherwise awful siege battles where I'm just waiting for my Thorakitai to slaughter some poor peltasts.

Thanks for all of the quick replies, I knew I came to the right place.

Blog Entries

I think you have to use the hotkeys for the time speeds.

I tried the Minimal UI for several months, but eventually I found it less than convenient. All the buttons at the top of the screen tend to get in the way when I try to send my units to faraway destinations.

Thumbs up Re: Help! I screwed up my UI

Quote Originally Posted by kpatterson14206 View Post
    Yes but I can't find the speed up buttons which allow me to get through otherwise awful siege battles where I'm just waiting for my Thorakitai to slaughter some poor peltasts.
    Ctrl+T one time, two times, or three times to adjust speed. That is what I always use. Hotkeys are much faster.

This new UI looks nice. I hated it at first for many reasons, most have gone away, but one is left. IT CUTS MY USABLE SCREEN TO 80%, IE it takes away my ability to do long sweeping marches outflanging the enemy in one maneuvre/click. I HATE IT. I did not know it was changeable though, so thanks.
    'For months Augustus let hair and beard grow and occasionally banged his head against the walls whilst shouting; "Quinctillius Varus, give me my legions back"' -Sueton, Augustus.

"Deliver us oh God, from the fury of the Norsemen", French prayer, 9th century.
    Ask gi'r klask! ask-vikingekampgruppe.dk

Balloon count: 13