Thread: How do you hire mercs

Default How do you hire mercs

I havent had to try yet, but now that I think about it, I never saw an option to hire them. Can we?

Default Re: How do you hire mercs

u dont the closest thing to mercs is hiring native american auxillia u can recruit troops from a general most anywhere on the map, but they ahve to walk to him from ur town.
    "How come i cant make friends like that"
    "You need to get out more"
    "Im in another galaxy, how much more out can i get"

No.
    "The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

I seem to recall reading that there are no mercenaries this time around, their prevalence and importance in warfare having declined greatly since the Medieval period.

On a related note though, what of regional levy forces? Anyone managed to build up a decent foothold in India yet and able to report on whether you do have to train colonial troops there rather than your normal forces?

Quote Originally Posted by PBI View Post
    I seem to recall reading that there are no mercenaries this time around, their prevalence and importance in warfare having declined greatly since the Medieval period.

On a related note though, what of regional levy forces? Anyone managed to build up a decent foothold in India yet and able to report on whether you do have to train colonial troops there rather than your normal forces?
    Well, as the Dutch in India I have to train VOC Company Troops and Cavalry along with Sepoy Troops and Cavalry.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yup. The british in america get colonial line infantry etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Member Member Lord of the Isles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TigerVX View Post
    Well, as the Dutch in India I have to train VOC Company Troops and Cavalry along with Sepoy Troops and Cavalry.
    And similarly, the British get to recruit East India Company Line Infantry, Sepoy Infantry & Cavalry. The local troops seem to be a little worse than regular ones (only available from your original region) but better than the generic Militia troops - e.g. Militia Infantry have Morale 5, Sepoys 7, East India Company Line Infantry 9 and (IIRC) regular Line Infantry 10.

So each theatre (Europe, Americas, India) has its own troops to recruit. I kind of like the system but the gaping hole in it is the replenishment system: you can take an army of regular troops out to India and use that to keep them reinforced after battles without having to ship new ones from home. I think at the very least a longer time gap between paying for reinforcements and them appearing would be more realistic (as far as I remember, it is 2 turns no matter where you are).