Thread: Does anything unlock after completing the grand campaign?

Default Does anything unlock after completing the grand campaign?

Just wondering if its worth playing another 40-odd years of my Sweden short campaign as I've met the victory conditions for it, but I'd rather start another with higher difficulty (tried M/M as I wasn't sure how improved the AI was, but its too easy to win battles where you're significantly outnumbered. As for the campaign difficulty, not once did any faction seige any of my cities or ports)

If any other factions are unlocked for completing the short campaign then I may stick with Sweden for now and start a campaign with another faction in a few days.

Apologies if this question has been answered already, as I'm sure it must have been but I can't find any info on it.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Does anything unlock after completing the grand campaign?

No. Only unlock is United States after RTI.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TiberiusBeskar View Post
    No. Only unlock is United States after RTI.
    In the GC or episode 5, where you start as the US at 1783 or whenever?
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Smurflor View Post
    Just wondering if its worth playing another 40-odd years of my Sweden short campaign as I've met the victory conditions for it, but I'd rather start another with higher difficulty (tried M/M as I wasn't sure how improved the AI was, but its too easy to win battles where you're significantly outnumbered. As for the campaign difficulty, not once did any faction seige any of my cities or ports)

If any other factions are unlocked for completing the short campaign then I may stick with Sweden for now and start a campaign with another faction in a few days.

Apologies if this question has been answered already, as I'm sure it must have been but I can't find any info on it.
    I completed my Dutch short campaign yesterday.
    I realized that I can play long campaign or world domination (now). I'm not sure if these were playable before, but if I would have noticed, I would have started with a long or a world domination campaign.
    Last edited by Liberator; 03-08-2009 at 11:24.
    Better dead than a Coward - Gurkha motto

The Laughing Knight Member Sir Beane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Liberator View Post
    I completed my Dutch short campaign yesterday.
    I realized that I can play long campaign or world domination (now). I'm not sure if these were playable before, but if I would have noticed, I would have started with a long or a world domination campaign.
    They were. You can play any sort of campaign at the start.

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . By your powers combined I am!
    . ----------------------

I prefer world domination to both the short and long campaigns. I think it is easier too because your conquests dont need to be region specific. I wonder if anyone has met their conditions and got a campaign going past 1799? Has anyone conquerd the entire map yet? Lol, besides the RtI all I have done is just played 10 turns into the grand campaign.

Actually even though the time feels rather short it is not impossible to reach your goal 50 or 60 years into the 100 year game.

This is partially do to the fact that other nations will offer you two nations for one in diplomacy on occassion.

The time feels a little short, but definetely is much richer than m2 or Rome. After 10 years, I still only captured a few provinces but have teched up in a very specific area, stealing tech for the other areas(or ignoring them completely)

Still, I'm disappointed about how there's only 12 factions and I'm expecting CA to yell "surprise! Here comes another 12!"
    Then again, modders will figure out a way

Thumbs up Re: Does anything unlock after completing the grand campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by peacemaker View Post
    Then again, modders will figure out a way
    Yeah, the Iroquois are really fun so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiseric View Post
    I prefer world domination to both the short and long campaigns. I think it is easier too because your conquests dont need to be region specific. I wonder if anyone has met their conditions and got a campaign going past 1799? Has anyone conquerd the entire map yet? Lol, besides the RtI all I have done is just played 10 turns into the grand campaign.
    World domination is boring, too much putting down revolts and making people happy. Thats why my army moves through and defeats my foes and takes their cities, then I hand them over to my protectorate to govern. Quebec owns most of central Europe in my current game.
    "Sit now there, and look out upon the lands where evil and despair shall come to those whom thou lovest. Thou hast dared to mock me, and to question the power of Melkor, master of the fates of Arda. Therefore with my eyes thou shalt see, and with my ears thou shalt hear; and never shall thou move from this place until all is fulfilled unto its bitter end". -Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiseric View Post
    Gaiseric

I've finished the Grand Campaign twice now at year 1799. The first time being with Marathra Empire, which I ended once completed. The second, most recently, being Poland-Lithuania. I chose to continue after year 1799 had been reached. It is now year 1808 and I own all of the regions in Europe and all but 5 regions in the North/South American map which are owned by my ally Iroqouis Nation anyway. The game, in both difficulty and fun, really, are almost 0. But I still find it rather interesting having a treasury that allows an almost infinite army. I also find it intriguing how the AI will decline an offer of 1,000,000 gold to become a protectorate.

Is here any way to play the rebel United States in the Grand Campaign after I finish my first campaign? I can't play any other factions except the original ones.

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xenopusbruteovum View Post
    Is here any way to play the rebel United States in the Grand Campaign after I finish my first campaign? I can't play any other factions except the original ones.
    There were some mods, but some factions were problems. I don't know the state of those mods, if they have been updated and so on.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

i am currently playing a prussian campaign where i control all of america, almost all of europe exept the original ottoman empire lands, all barbary states (but i have tunis), crimea and a land i gave them, i think it was courland, and persia, and i have mysore, ceylon, that land right-above mysore, and punjab. the only problem is, i am allies with everyone, what makes conquering regions very hard. i always have to blitz all regions in 1 turn and also the regions of their allies, so the nation first up to that will probably be maratha, cause they are only allies with me, and perisa, crimea and barbary states are all allied with ottomans. then, after i blitzed the whole map, i think i'll save it and then create another save where i have taxes on VH/VH. hopefully i didn't make the lower classes to happy by being a republic, and can many regions revolt so i'll be like the roman empire that is crumbling, and struggling to keep my economy up (what now is no need to watch for, because i make more than 70000 a turn).
    the autumn leaves fall;
    floating on the coldest wind;
    with them my spirit.

self made death poem