Thread: Fortifications doh ?!

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

Question Fortifications doh ?!

What exactly do fortifications in a city do ?

I build the 5K fortifications in Brussels, parked a full stack comprised of 3 Cav, 3 artillery, 12 Line Infantry in there. Got sieged by a French stack. I just waited out the siege to see what happens when they assault. By turn 4/5 I lost a lot of men and on turn 5/5 they assault but I saw nothing on the battle map in terms of walls, towers or anything extra ordinary at all.

: dizzy2:
    If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak

Default Re: Fortifications doh ?!

You're sure they assaulted as opposed to you sallying? Sorry if it's a stupid question, but you mentioned it being the last turn.

Errm, if you have fortifications built, then your battle map is a fort. Level one - a regular square one, level 2 - a star fort.

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

I must've sallied then I guess. Will have to try it again.
    If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak

the AI isn't completely retarded, If you have a large army in your fortified city, they will starve you into submission. no sence storming a well garrisoned fort. They only attack fortified cities if your low on troops and they estimate a fort attack victory is possible.