Thread: Roman Reforms Don't happen

Default Roman Reforms Don't happen

I have had a look at the FAQ threads around the place and they mention what some of the problems could be and some fixes, but don't seem to be helping me.

I am playing Rome and it is currently around 100 BC, I control All of Gaul, Germany, Greece, Spain, North Africa, and most of the area around modern western Turkey, virtually all of the historic captured lands by Rome. I am still using the original troops such as the Tiarii, and Principal Mantipal.

Yet with all these accomplishments there have been no reforms. I have 70 Generals some which have the 'Consul' title and the title which your General gets for constantly beating a common foe in battle. In 4 cities on the Italian Pennisualar virtually all of the buildings have been, this includes all the "barracks" buildings.

So is this an error, or have I missed something?

Why do the enemy Generals have the max amount of combat stars and yet mine have none?
    I realise that in EB this accounts for very little and it all comes down to the traits a particular general has, but why do I not have any, except the ones my general achieve in battle. (I have also noticed that they only get traits and stars if they automatically control the battle compared to me doing it, however by letting the computer decide my forces are virtually always completely torn apart.)

I once did a battle where two competent Generals leading 2 armies of around 1800 men took on around 400 of the enemy forces in open terrain and lost. My forces were mixed with swordsmen, spearmen, archers horses, and phalaxs, all of good quality, while his were completely the opposite.

Default Re: Roman Reforms Don't happen

Did you activate the script?
    This space intentionally left blank.

hmm, I seem to have missed where to do that, do you have a link to how?

Unoffical PBM recruiter person Member /Bean\'s Avatar

Mental note: Ok...deep breath...don't yell at him...

Ok, everytime you start a new campaign or load one up, you need to activate the script. Otherwise your not playing EB. To do this listen to your advisor, who, if you never activate the script, must pop up all the bally time telling you to do it. When he does, click on the Show Me How button. Your campaign is too far gone now, so you'll have to start again. If you actiavte the script now, at 100BC, all kinds of bugs and stuff will occur; your game's broken, so start a new one.

And Konny has made a brilliant mini-mod to better represent command stars. You can download it here.

Remember when you start your new campaign: ALWAYS ACTIVATE THE SCRIPT!!!
    =========================================
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    ========================================================
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat14a View Post
    hmm, I seem to have missed where to do that, do you have a link to how?
    This is said in:
    * The first sentence of all faction descriptions (text in ALL CAPITALS)
    * A game quote (text)
    * The EB license agreement (text, one of the rather few sentences)
    * Every time you click a settlement (blinking advisor)
    Last edited by bovi; 03-09-2009 at 08:09.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

I can see how this question could annoy you espeically since it is probably asked here every day.
    I apologize for my ignorance in it and thankyou for helping.

However.

I do remember seeing the Advisor button and clicked several times at the beginning but nothing seemed to happen.

well nothing happens. You activate the script wich runs in the background. However you must press it every time you load your game....

And if he pops up in the middle of your game, then be sure to listen to him, as he has definetly something important to tell you
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

Ok I found the button you are referring to yet, as soon as I press it the game slows down and the AI turns take forever, is that supposed to happen?

My specs are fine for RTW and is enough for this slight mod of the game.

Yes, the script does a lot, and will slow down the game.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

The script is EB. The reason it wasn't really running this slow before was because you were basically running RTW Vanilla with some minor adjustments to the map and factions.
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    + =
    [/CENTER]

ok, I see, is there anyway to speed it up other then getting a new computer
    other then changing video settings which I am sure to try?

There's a post somewhere about speeding up your performance...FAQ or Frequent Issues maybe?

Also emptying your hardrive of anything unuseful helps. Among the other basic stuff
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Well however I go with the speed issue thankyou all anyways.

If it annoys me too much I will just stay with the non-scripted version, it still is much better then the the original RTW.