Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Emergent Factions

  1. #1
    The Dam Dog Senior Member Sheogorath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,330

    Default Emergent Factions

    ETW made me sad today.

    I started my English campaign, dead set on getting Ireland to revolt and establishing myself a mighty Irish empire in the New World.

    Disappointment struck, however.

    It seems you cant side with the emergent factions when they revolt.

    Why, CA? WHY!? WHY DO YOU TORMENT US SO?!?
    Tallyho lads, rape the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers!

  2. #2
    Member Megas Methuselah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Prairie Grasslands
    Posts
    5,040

    Default Re: Emergent Factions

    Speaking of which, there was this native tribe that really hated me when I conquered Upper Lousiana as the Iroqouis. The were the Chaquaw(sp?).

  3. #3
    I Still Play Shogun Member ratbarf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada Baby!
    Posts
    122

    Default Re: Emergent Factions

    Otherwise you would have to create an entire unit list for every rebel faction. Thats more work than CA is willing to undergo. Plus, you would have simply been a split away English faction anyways.
    "The man who has no sense of history, is like a man who has no ears or eyes" - Adolf Hitler

    "In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
    Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe.

  4. #4
    The Dam Dog Senior Member Sheogorath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,330

    Default Re: Emergent Factions

    Quote Originally Posted by ratbarf View Post
    Otherwise you would have to create an entire unit list for every rebel faction. Thats more work than CA is willing to undergo. Plus, you would have simply been a split away English faction anyways.
    ETW probably has less than half the number of units MTW2 had, especially considering the generic factions.

    Besides, the revolutionary factions are clones of their parent factions too, eh? It's just a matter of aesthetics. I want my green-clad, Irish-accented, grenadiers, mate.
    Tallyho lads, rape the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers!

  5. #5
    Member Member Polemists's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In the Lou
    Posts
    1,213

    Default Re: Emergent Factions

    I'm pretty darn sure one of the first content Downloadables will be some factions, units, and maps.

    That said, i'm not sure who is going to pay 5 bucks for it. Sega has to test the waters at some point tho.

  6. #6
    The Chosen One Member Noddy The Beefy Egg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Santa Clara, California
    Posts
    164

    Default Re: Emergent Factions

    Quote Originally Posted by Megas Methuselah View Post
    Speaking of which, there was this native tribe that really hated me when I conquered Upper Lousiana as the Iroqouis. The were the Chaquaw(sp?).
    I thought you said Choctaw.



    On my titles, Kaiser means king in German. So i'm the king



    SELLING PIRATINGS OF THIS VIDEOGAME WILL RESULT IN PUNISHMENT BY CRUSHING

  7. #7
    Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Albion
    Posts
    15,921
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Emergent Factions

    Quote Originally Posted by Noddy The Beefy Egg View Post
    I thought you said Choctaw.
    Hmm.. Chocolate?
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

  8. #8
    The Chosen One Member Noddy The Beefy Egg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Santa Clara, California
    Posts
    164

    Default Re: Emergent Factions

    Quote Originally Posted by TiberiusBeskar View Post
    Hmm.. Chocolate?
    Not that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choctaw



    On my titles, Kaiser means king in German. So i'm the king



    SELLING PIRATINGS OF THIS VIDEOGAME WILL RESULT IN PUNISHMENT BY CRUSHING

  9. #9
    Tuba Son Member Subotan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Land of Heat and Clockwork
    Posts
    4,990
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Emergent Factions

    When I played my English campaign, I had a revolt in Ireland. This was interesting because I'm Half Catholic Irish and half Protestant; i.e. a mixed race. So when King Billy was rampaging around Ireland for a second time, my Protestant half of me went "Hooray! Get back to your roots!" whilst my Catholic side shouted "You bastard!". They balanced each other out into a state of ironic neutrality :]

  10. #10
    Insane Imperialist. Member Feanaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Greatest Country I've Ever Visited, the USA. The only country I've ever visited but still.
    Posts
    133

    Default Re: Emergent Factions

    Quote Originally Posted by Subotan View Post
    When I played my English campaign, I had a revolt in Ireland. This was interesting because I'm Half Catholic Irish and half Protestant; i.e. a mixed race. So when King Billy was rampaging around Ireland for a second time, my Protestant half of me went "Hooray! Get back to your roots!" whilst my Catholic side shouted "You bastard!". They balanced each other out into a state of ironic neutrality :]
    "Now when I'd sing those rebel songs, much to me mother's joy,
    Me father would jump up and say, "Look here would you me boy.
    That's quite enough of that lot", he'd then toss me a coin
    And he'd have me sing the Orange Flute or the Heros of The Boyne

    One day me Ma's relations came round to visit me.
    Just as my father's kinfolk were all sitting down to tea.
    We tried to smooth things over, but they all began to fight.
    And me, being strictly neutral, I bashed everyone in sight."

    http://www.thebards.net/music/lyrics...nd_Green.shtml
    Due to the ailing economy, this space has been foreclosed.

  11. #11
    Tuba Son Member Subotan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Land of Heat and Clockwork
    Posts
    4,990
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Emergent Factions

    Quote Originally Posted by Feanaro View Post
    "Now when I'd sing those rebel songs, much to me mother's joy,
    Me father would jump up and say, "Look here would you me boy.
    That's quite enough of that lot", he'd then toss me a coin
    And he'd have me sing the Orange Flute or the Heros of The Boyne

    One day me Ma's relations came round to visit me.
    Just as my father's kinfolk were all sitting down to tea.
    We tried to smooth things over, but they all began to fight.
    And me, being strictly neutral, I bashed everyone in sight."

    http://www.thebards.net/music/lyrics...nd_Green.shtml
    SO MUCH WIN


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO