Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great, Depression!

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

Default Re: Great, Depression!

Just like with the Great Depression, a way for liberals to get their harmful agenda through, that people otherwise would be to smart to let happen.
    'nough said.

The opposite CT, one i do wonder about these days, is that recessions are a way for the richest to control ever greater portions of the worlds resources, and generally they mostly do seem to benefit from them in the long run, whereas recessions have prompted political movements towards and away from left wing policy...
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Vuk, let us know if you can find any evil in America that doesn't have teh librals behind it.

Read a very reassuring blog here, worth your time. Useful graphic:

Last edited by Lemur; 03-11-2009 at 19:50.

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Ah yes, I'm sure everyone remembers the great stimulus package of '57
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    Read a very reassuring blog here, worth your time. Useful graphic:
    Now that graph, I think, is more informative. Looks like we've still got a ways to go before a depression and even then, it'd just be a good one, not a great one.
    Last edited by Xiahou; 03-11-2009 at 19:56.
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Heard a great line, en economist is someone who can explain why his predictions were wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    Wait, wondering aloud whether the current recession is serious is a liberal thing? Man, what don't those libs have ownership of?
    Not at all, I simply like to appeal to the lowest common denomenator AKA paritsianship. Making broad statements that poke fun at groups of people has been my schtict for a long long time.

Low and behold I got a response! A testement to my tactics or your comprehension! My guess is you'll concede neither and refer to some 3rd rational for your reply.

You bloody, filthy liberal convert! you used to be a conservative too Lemur (at least 3-4 years ago when I first read your postings) now look at you your part of the majority!

Come back to the conservative movement we'll make room for you, even if you shop at walmart from time to time.
    Last edited by Odin; 03-12-2009 at 12:48. Reason: Changed some language, dont want to hurt anyones feelings. :)
    There are few things more annoying than some idiot who has never done anything trying to say definitively how something should be done.

Sua Sponte

Quote Originally Posted by Odin View Post
    Not at all, I simply like to appeal to the lowest common denomenator AKA paritsianship. Making broad statements that poke fun at groups of people has been my schtict for a long long time.

Low and behold I got a response! A testement to my tactics or your comprehension! My guess is you'll concede neither and refer to some 3rd rational for your reply.

You bloody, filthy liberal convert! you used to be a conservative too Lemur (at least 3-4 years ago when I first read your postings) now look at you your part of the majority!

Come back to the conservative movement we'll make room for you, even if you shop at walmart from time to time.
    Walmart FTW!
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Heard a great line, en economist is someone who can explain why his predictions were wrong.

Waka waka waka.
    Last edited by Spino; 03-12-2009 at 17:26.
    "Why spoil the beauty of the thing with legality?" - Theodore Roosevelt

Idealism is masturbation, but unlike real masturbation idealism actually makes one blind. - Fragony

Though Adrian did a brilliant job of defending the great man that is Hugo Chavez, I decided to post this anyway.. - JAG (who else?)

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Odin View Post
    Conservatism, by definition, should never be a movement. As the kids say, ur doing it wrong.

Shopping at Walmart is a sign of liberalism? Man, I learn new things at the Org every day. Wait 'till I tell my Republican neighbor about that ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12