Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Emergent Faction List

Default Re: Emergent Faction List

I hope I can clarify some things from my experience here.

AFAIK there are two ways for a faction to emerge. There might be more, but I haven't seen any yet.
    1. Rebellion in the relevant province, e.g. High unrest in French (or any other power than Westphalia itself) controlled Westphalia can lead to Hessia as a faction there.
    2. Faction destroyed in its main theatre, eg. France is wiped out in Europe, Maratha in India, the US in America.... This will cause all provinces in other theatres go independent.

In both cases the faction owning the relevant provinces is not important; i.e. the emergence of the USA is not necessarily triggered by the destruction of either Britain of France. If Denmark happens to own all relevant provinces, nothing happens!
    There are two types of emergent factions: Proper minor factions (USA, Hessia, Afghanistan, ...) and rebel factions. They don't appear in the diplomacy screen, have "XY Rebels" as name and can be treated like rebels in prevoius TW games (i.e. a kind of free-for-all landgrab )
    Persia is a notable case because it is the only faction spanning two theatres without part of it being a colony. The game however does treat Afghanistan as a colony of Persia; it is the only one of its provinces in the Indian theatre (to verify go to diplomacy screen -> Persia -> provinces) and therefore becomes independant (rule 2. above) if the rest of the Persian provinces is conquered.

Hope this helps,

Darth Venom
    Last edited by Darth Venom; 03-19-2009 at 10:55.

If you open "factions_tables" with the DB Editor you can see every single faction that could possibly be in-game.

I guess I was beat to it, but I found it odd that when Westphalia is defeated and there is a revolt there, they come back as HESSE.

Also, the Mamelukes have not been mentioned, they come into revolt in Egypt

I have a question, I been trying to make Guatemala a playable faction for my Gran campaign, but i cant find them in the file, Idk if they have a different name or something, if they do, can someone tell me wat is their name in the game so i can make them playable? thx :)

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scout117 View Post
    I have a question, I been trying to make Guatemala a playable faction for my Gran campaign, but i cant find them in the file, Idk if they have a different name or something, if they do, can someone tell me wat is their name in the game so i can make them playable? thx :)
    They are a part of the New Spain Faction at the start. Other than that I have never seen them as an independent faction.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Their an Emergent Faction, so they say, like Mexico and Quebec, so they should be on the list with the emergent counties, unless they lied about guatemala being one, and crushed all my hopes and dreams of making Guatemala into a super power lol

well i should have read this first, and i was trying 2 find guatemala so i can make them into a playable faction, but since they arent a proper emergant faction, now i see y i couldnt find them, dang and i was gonna make mexico 2, so i can be at war with them and kick their ass with Guatemala, no offence to mexicans in here :3

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Well, you can do Grand Columbia vs. Mexico if you want but Guatemala and Panama are just out there on their own.

At least they have regions named after them. Some places don’t even have that.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

The otherway that hasnt been mentioned is revolts in the main territory while the major power is still around

e.g Swedish rebels became Sweden just with a new flag
    there was a revolt in the Netherlands against poland-lith but UP were still around never got a chance to see what they were called before it was crushed, but presumably that would have been a new faction

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123