Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 105

Thread: Patch today

  1. #1

    Post Patch today

    CA Staff and Admin

    Hi guys,

    We will be rolling out the first of a series of updates later today with a variety of fixes for Empire: Total War, including:

    * Fixed Alt-Tab issue which prevents players from switching away from a full screen window
    * Fixed text rendering for certain resolutions
    * Fixed localized font overrun issues.
    * Fixed a variety of crash and memory leak issues
    * Fixed a variety of multiplayer client lock
    * Fixed trade nodes for those nations with resource in home region which caused unprofitable trade theatre routes eg: Sweden and Marathas.

    There is a constant support program in process which is using your feedback as well as our own testing. We are currently working on the next update which will be available early next week.

    Thanks,

    Mark O'Connell
    Looks like Steam is going to have its upside, better patch support.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  2. #2
    Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Albion
    Posts
    15,921
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Patch today

    That's good.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

  3. #3
    Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East of Augusta Vindelicorum
    Posts
    5,575

    Default Re: Patch today

    A patch a week! Wowů


    Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

  4. #4
    Understanding in a Car Crash Member RZST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    485

    Default Re: Patch today

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Wolf33 View Post
    Looks like Steam is going to have its upside, better patch support.
    its not really steam.....m2 on steam didnt have a patch for weeks after the patch officially came out......

    Taking on seven years that the holy ghost had left alone
    test my arms, kick like crazy, Ive been trying way too long.
    only if he could push his way off and fight you
    Im sorry, Im sorry, Im not sure
    Getting this off my chest, the story ends.

  5. #5
    Member Member Gaiseric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    217

    Default Re: Patch today

    I am impressed with the patch speed. Good Work!!!

  6. #6
    Member Member TB666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Malm÷, Sweden
    Posts
    1,519

    Default Sv: Re: Patch today

    Quote Originally Posted by ŞaoŞin View Post
    its not really steam.....m2 on steam didnt have a patch for weeks after the patch officially came out......
    M2 wasn't a steam game however, ETW is.

  7. #7
    The Laughing Knight Member Sir Beane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Heanor, Derbyshire, England
    Posts
    1,724

    Default Re: Patch today

    Wow, a patch a week. Go CA! (Of course they could have tried to makre sure we didn't have problems in the first place ).


    ~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

    . -- ---------- --
    . By your powers combined I am!
    . ----------------------


  8. #8
    Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Albion
    Posts
    15,921
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Patch today

    One of the biggest issues developers have, is that so many machines have so many different specifications which produce so many problems.

    If PC's were all carbon copies of each other, like game consoles or Mac's, they would have a far easier time.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

  9. #9
    Understanding in a Car Crash Member RZST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    485

    Default Re: Patch today

    Quote Originally Posted by TiberiusBeskar View Post
    One of the biggest issues developers have, is that so many machines have so many different specifications which produce so many problems.

    If PC's were all carbon copies of each other, like game consoles or Mac's, they would have a far easier time.
    \...........no.
    Last edited by RZST; 03-10-2009 at 16:11.

    Taking on seven years that the holy ghost had left alone
    test my arms, kick like crazy, Ive been trying way too long.
    only if he could push his way off and fight you
    Im sorry, Im sorry, Im not sure
    Getting this off my chest, the story ends.

  10. #10
    Loitering Senior Member AussieGiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Zurich
    Posts
    4,162

    Default Re: Patch today

    Well this is exellent news.

    And great to see the Steam functionality providing an excellent add on.

  11. #11
    Things Change Member JAG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    11,058

    Default Re: Patch today

    Doesn't fix, real gameplay issues which are ruining the game and should have been sorted before release.
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

    Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

  12. #12
    The Laughing Knight Member Sir Beane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Heanor, Derbyshire, England
    Posts
    1,724

    Default Re: Patch today

    Quote Originally Posted by JAG View Post
    Doesn't fix, real gameplay issues which are ruining the game and should have been sorted before release.
    I'm sure they will be fixed eventually. But bigger issues generally take more time to fix.


    ~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

    . -- ---------- --
    . By your powers combined I am!
    . ----------------------


  13. #13

    Default Re: Patch today

    Quote Originally Posted by TiberiusBeskar View Post
    One of the biggest issues developers have, is that so many machines have so many different specifications which produce so many problems.

    If PC's were all carbon copies of each other, like game consoles or Mac's, they would have a far easier time.
    Differences in graphics cards do not stop troops from getting on a boat. Hopefully they are going to stop the save game corruption though with this patch.

    For all you Steam haters though, this is a great benefit of Steam ... regular patching.

  14. #14
    Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Albion
    Posts
    15,921
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Patch today

    Quote Originally Posted by markaoliver View Post
    Differences in graphics cards do not stop troops from getting on a boat.
    I never had that problem, however, it does stop conflicts, crashes, memory leaks and other things.

    Only problem I have had is broken land bridge between mainland Europe and Denmark if you don't own the territory.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

  15. #15

    Default Re: Patch today

    Quote Originally Posted by markaoliver View Post
    Differences in graphics cards do not stop troops from getting on a boat. Hopefully they are going to stop the save game corruption though with this patch.

    For all you Steam haters though, this is a great benefit of Steam ... regular patching.
    Have you been trying to load the troops at a port?

    Can't just load up anywhere anymore, need a proper dock etc.

    and as far as the land bridge not working, would the other side be so friendly about receiving an invading army? I know I sure wouldn't be!
    Last edited by Shadow_Wolf33; 03-10-2009 at 16:30.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  16. #16
    EB player Member Wausser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    252

    Default Re: Patch today

    Would


    * Fixed a variety of crash and memory leak issues
    this fix my problem on having an error with video memory while loading battles?
    My Balloons:


    Playing as the Republiek der Zeven Verenigde Nederlanden

    The actual UP flag



  17. #17
    Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Albion
    Posts
    15,921
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Patch today

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Wolf33 View Post
    Have you been trying to load the troops at a port?

    Can't just load up anywhere anymore, need a proper dock etc.

    and as far as the land bridge not working, would the other side be so friendly about receiving an invading army? I know I sure wouldn't be!
    You can load them up basically anywhere, and drop them off basically anywhere too. To load, you have to put the ship right at the shore and when your troops are next to it, order them on.

    Land bridge is an in game mechanic to cross an area of Ocean without need of a boat. It works on the Swedish side, but the other side is bugged.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

  18. #18
    Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Albion
    Posts
    15,921
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Patch today

    Quote Originally Posted by Wausser View Post
    Would



    this fix my problem on having an error with video memory while loading battles?
    It should do, yes.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

  19. #19
    EB player Member Wausser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    252

    Default Re: Patch today

    Great, I keep getting that error in the bigger, more epic battles, curently in the battle of London(UP vs UK)
    My Balloons:


    Playing as the Republiek der Zeven Verenigde Nederlanden

    The actual UP flag



  20. #20
    Loitering Senior Member AussieGiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Zurich
    Posts
    4,162

    Default Re: Patch today

    I'd say we will see a good level of performance increase as CA get to grips with issues that arise from mass usage.

    At least I hope so.

  21. #21
    Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Albion
    Posts
    15,921
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Patch today

    I am hoping it fixes my Poland-Lith game. One of the other factions keeps doing something that crashes the game, and it's very annoying due to me being so close to getting every province under my control achievement.

    Last edited by Beskar; 03-10-2009 at 16:55.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

  22. #22
    Member Member TB666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Malm÷, Sweden
    Posts
    1,519

    Default Sv: Re: Patch today

    Quote Originally Posted by Wausser View Post
    Would



    this fix my problem on having an error with video memory while loading battles?
    Do you have Vista ??

  23. #23
    The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    YU-ESS-AY
    Posts
    6,667

    Default Re: Patch today

    Wow, not only do we get a patch this week, but next week too? Great stuff.

  24. #24
    Understanding in a Car Crash Member RZST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    485

    Default Re: Patch today

    Quote Originally Posted by TiberiusBeskar View Post
    You can load them up basically anywhere, and drop them off basically anywhere too. To load, you have to put the ship right at the shore and when your troops are next to it, order them on.
    the problem with that is once your land army moves to land it removes all move points.

    whereas if you use the "disembark" option from the enemy port your land army retains its move points when you loaded them in your own port.....capish?

    Taking on seven years that the holy ghost had left alone
    test my arms, kick like crazy, Ive been trying way too long.
    only if he could push his way off and fight you
    Im sorry, Im sorry, Im not sure
    Getting this off my chest, the story ends.

  25. #25

    Default Re: Patch today

    Indeed, this is really good and appreciated. Its also politically good since the community can see when , how and how much the developers work on problems and bugs.

    Good one.
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

    Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

    Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

  26. #26
    EB player Member Wausser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    252

    Default Re: Sv: Re: Patch today

    Quote Originally Posted by TB666 View Post
    Do you have Vista ??
    Yes Ultimate 32 Bit
    My Balloons:


    Playing as the Republiek der Zeven Verenigde Nederlanden

    The actual UP flag



  27. #27
    Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Albion
    Posts
    15,921
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Patch today

    Quote Originally Posted by ŞaoŞin View Post
    the problem with that is once your land army moves to land it removes all move points.

    whereas if you use the "disembark" option from the enemy port your land army retains its move points when you loaded them in your own port.....capish?
    That I have noticed. However, the poster was saying he couldn't load troops on a boot, not have no movement points when his army has disembarked.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

  28. #28
    Member Member TB666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Malm÷, Sweden
    Posts
    1,519

    Default Sv: Re: Sv: Re: Patch today

    Quote Originally Posted by Wausser View Post
    Yes Ultimate 32 Bit
    Then you can already fix that.
    Get the program CFF Explorer and run it.
    Open Empire.exe, click on "file header", Click where it says "click here"(hehe) and check the "app can handle >2gb address space" and then save.
    I did this and haven't had this problem since.
    Infact haven't had a CTD since I did this.
    It pretty much allows ETW to use more then 2gb which Vista puts on games.
    Last edited by TB666; 03-10-2009 at 17:28.

  29. #29
    The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    YU-ESS-AY
    Posts
    6,667

    Default Re: Sv: Re: Sv: Re: Patch today

    Quote Originally Posted by TB666 View Post
    Then you can already fix that.
    Get the program CFF Explorer and run it.
    Open Empire.exe, click on "file header", Click where it says "click here"(hehe) and check the "app can handle >2gb address space" and then save.
    I did this and haven't had this problem since.
    Infact haven't had a CTD since I did this.
    It pretty much allows ETW to use more then 2gb which Vista puts on games.
    You are the man!

  30. #30
    Member Member TB666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Malm÷, Sweden
    Posts
    1,519

    Default Sv: Re: Sv: Re: Sv: Re: Patch today

    Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    You are the man!
    Can't promise it will work for everyone but it worked great for me.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO