Thread: Kingdoms Question

Default Kingdoms Question

Yesterday I just brought Kingdoms for a bargain, and decided to install it, to see of what stuff its made. Now during installation you have an option to install Crusaders, Brittania, Americas and Teutonic. That's a lot of stuff and a lot of disk space. Does all is needed to play EB II and any other MTW mod.

Also in your opinion, while we wait for the day EB II will be released, whats the best mod for Kingdoms, Stainless Steal or Deus Lo Vault?

Cheers.

Default Re: Kingdoms Question

Also in your opinion, while we wait for the day EB II will be released, whats the best mod for Kingdoms, Stainless Steal or Deus Lo Vault?
    Stainless Steel and Desu Deus lo Vult

Try both, I enjoyed Stainless Steel more, but to each his own opinion.

Yesterday I just brought Kingdoms for a bargain, and decided to install it, to see of what stuff its made. Now during installation you have an option to install Crusaders, Brittania, Americas and Teutonic. That's a lot of stuff and a lot of disk space. Does all is needed to play EB II and any other MTW mod.
    I'd install it all, just to be on the safe side.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Hax, How is SS looking compared to DLV?
    I´m currently playing DLV and i´ve got to say that it is really challenging specially on the campaign map, and it forces you to expand really slowly and to build the economy. Also, battles are interesting, although the IA do nothing really brilliant, i think is quite capable. I think units, costs and factions are well done more or less...(i´ll just say that my beloved javelins fire much better than in vanilla MTW2)

I was wondering, how does SS looks like? I´ve read it is easier but i have no experience with it.

Stainless Steel with XAI (XCAI and XBAI) mod had a far more capable AI than anything in Rome, even EB, and M2TW. I heartily recommend it.

For the first time the Beefs (English) were trying to seek an active rivality with me. The AI was aggressive, but reasonable, and commits nothing incredibly stupid in battles.

Ãlso, I lost most of my battles with the English against the Scots. Though that might just be me used to phalangitai XD
    This space intentionally left blank.

Terrible Tactician Member Shadowwalker's Avatar

Would recommend DLV 6.1 (you will have a really hard time if you activate all scripts).
    It's very realistic (except the 'Dark Ages' but this is only a part of the campaign_script that can be deleted ).

Didn't like SS that much since in every campaign I started (regardless faction/difficulty) half the AI faction's capitals are rebelling in a few turns. And the map is way to small in my opinion.

Oh - it seems that Paeninsula Italica 2 for M2TW is making good progress. ;-) (Click my sig. )
    Finished EB Campaigns: Kart-Hadast 1.0/1.2 | Pontos 1.1 | Arche Seleukeia 1.2 | Hayasdan 1.2 | Sab'yn 1.2 | Makedonia 1.2 (Alex)
    Lost Campaigns (1.2, Alex. exe): Getai | Sab'Yn
    Ongoing campaigns (1.2): SPQR (110 BC) | Sab'yn (217 BC) | Pontos (215 BC)
    from Populus Romanus

"The state of human ethics can be summarized in two sentences: We ought to. But we don't." (Tucholsky)

Oh - it seems that Paeninsula Italica 2 for M2TW is making good progress. ;-) (Click my sig. )
    Well thats one mod I am interested in, I palyed the BI version and its majestic. I am downloading DLV 6.1.

Can I uninstall the campaigns in vanilla Kingdoms without damaging Kingdoms.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Reno Melitensis; 03-11-2009 at 23:35.

No, you do not need to uninstall anything from vanilla or kingdoms. When you install SS or DLV, the mod will create their own folder inside (ej.-data/mod/DLV). If you uninstall anything from Kingdoms they won´t work!

By the way, i have just downloaded SS and i´m trying it, not bad so far, but i prefer DLV for the moment. The AI seems basically the same.

I recommend to just try out every single M2TW mod you want to try at this point. You have at least until the summer before EB2 and/or Gaza Campaign has a realistic chance of coming out.

Terrible Tactician Member Shadowwalker's Avatar

You forgot to mention the year.

EDIT:
    You can uninstall all campaigns without damaging kingdoms.
    Last edited by Shadowwalker; 03-12-2009 at 07:33.
    Finished EB Campaigns: Kart-Hadast 1.0/1.2 | Pontos 1.1 | Arche Seleukeia 1.2 | Hayasdan 1.2 | Sab'yn 1.2 | Makedonia 1.2 (Alex)
    Lost Campaigns (1.2, Alex. exe): Getai | Sab'Yn
    Ongoing campaigns (1.2): SPQR (110 BC) | Sab'yn (217 BC) | Pontos (215 BC)
    from Populus Romanus

"The state of human ethics can be summarized in two sentences: We ought to. But we don't." (Tucholsky)

another unique mod is Broken Cresent but it is for the Vanilla MTW2 still a great mod though
    you may only live once

Just stop with the speech's and just fight

Check out my Makedonia Spartan AAR "Tale of a Makedonia Spartan"

They call me Flavius Member Belisarius II's Avatar

Das Heilige Romeschie Reich (spelling ?) is a Holy Roman Empire centered mod. I tried it and I liked it. Could use some work though. Other than that SS is one of my favorite mods for M2TW for most of the reasons stated above.
    "Possunt quia posse videntur." - Virgil - "They can because they think they can."