Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dressed in black, school, gun, you get it.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Dressed in black, school, gun, you get it.

10 shot dead at German school in Stuttgart, yet another crybaby going nuts, buy GTA or something if sadistic trash is your sick thing.

RIP casualties, now if only the security has guns. Sad day

edit: busted. The sick got arrested at his parents house. A 25 year old, still living at his parents, geez.

Mucho succes to everyone affected. Unlike Louis this type of news makes me very very very angry 10 young people dead because some emo couldn't cope with life. Give me ten minutes and a tong, would love some quality-time with this sick

Bah, disgusting.
    Last edited by Fragony; 03-11-2009 at 11:22.

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

Default Re : Dressed in black, school, gun, you get it.

Sad, sad, sad.

Sometimes this sort of news makes me angry, sometimes frustrated, or scared. Today, just sadness.

Edit: well, no. A certain exasperation too. At what point does one decide, 'hey, know what, I'm going to buy a commando suit, get a gun, and I'm going trough long and intricate preparations to shoot as many children as possible.'
    You don't look cool, mighty, at last in control. You look pathetic and weak. A miserable, incompetent loser.

It is sad that a third rate coward, who wouldn't last a day in any really violent surrounding, should destroy so much, forever, just to think himself mighty and powerful for ten minutes. The banality of it irritates me. He could've stayed at home for a . Or gotten a decent haircut at last. Either could've sufficed to make these children live. That very triviality, the very irrelevance of some pimple-faced frustrated loser, makes it all feel so pointless.
    Last edited by Banquo's Ghost; 03-11-2009 at 20:24. Reason: Language
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Default Re: Dressed in black, school, gun, you get it.

Comiserations
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

Bugger. Ten in Germany, ten in Alabama.

Sheesh.
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Do you have a link? Any of the news sources available describe him as a 17 year old former student and most claim he hasn't been apprehended yet. Condolences to those touched by this tragedy.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

Quote Originally Posted by Hosakawa Tito View Post
    Do you have a link? Any of the news sources available describe him as a 17 year old former student and most claim he hasn't been apprehended yet. Condolences to those touched by this tragedy.
    He's dead by now, shot himself, 17 year old it is. 11 dead kids and many wounded.

FFS 16 dead that makes this the bloodiest out of them all.
    Last edited by Fragony; 03-11-2009 at 12:51.

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Sky News report's the shooter being 17.

No age on the Alabama guy, yet.
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

Very, very sad news.

I thought Germany didn't allow personal gun ownership. Why didnt' that stop this tragedy?
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Very, very sad news.

I thought Germany didn't allow personal gun ownership. Why didnt' that stop this tragedy?
    You can own guns in Europe, even here in the Netherlands if you don't have a criminal record, you just can't keep them loaded but that would be a stupid thing to do anyway. These things cannot be stopped but it would make my day if people would stop caring about these sick . As it turns out I probably know one of the victims parents, a dutch couple that moved from Rotterdam to Germany two years ago.

nope, they weren't. Good for them at least. I am becomming overly scared same happened with the belgium kindergarten in Belgium. Got a call all fine.
    Last edited by Banquo's Ghost; 03-11-2009 at 20:26. Reason: Language

Apparently his dad had several legal guns and one wasn't found when police searched the house.

Pretty disgusting this, I always wonder about the motives and now that I think about it, the consequences. This could lead for example to more calls for censorship of games, not like games are important in the light of so many dead people.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Columbine ROund 3! Another 10 minutes he could have made a new record. Shame people have to do this. Fame? Bullying? Hassarment? We may have know.

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Gah, not again.

The worst thing is, we know there's nothing that can be done to stop it happening again.
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    He's dead by now, shot himself, 17 year old it is. 11 dead kids and many wounded.

FFS 16 dead that makes this the bloodiest out of them all.
    Apperently the police shot him down. He took a hostage and shot even 2 people in front of a grocery store.

Aaah. Humantity at its best.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

For the moment, let's not let this morph into a "gun" thread. There will be time enough for that later. My prayers to the families who lost people in both incidents.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What a colossal waste of life. Dozens dead just to satisfy the twisted fantasies of two seriously messed up people. Just once I wish we'd be able to take these miserable excuses for human beings alive so we can let them witness the damage they caused.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    What a colossal waste of life. Dozens dead just to satisfy the twisted fantasies of two seriously messed up people. Just once I wish we'd be able to take these miserable excuses for human beings alive so we can let them witness the damage they caused.
    Don't you realize that the whole purpose of the rampage is for the perp to die. They want to die, they just don't want to go alone.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

The universe is hostile
    So impersonal
    Devour to survive
    So it is
    So it's always been

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hii17sjSwfA

Eye on the TV
    'Cause tragedy thrills me
    Whatever flavor it happens to be
    Killed by the husband
    Drowned by the ocean
    Shot by his own son
    She used a poison in his tea
    Then she kissed him goodbye
    That's my kind of story
    It's no fun till someone dies

Don't look at me like
    I am a monster
    Frown out your one face
    But with the other you
    Stare like a junkie
    Into the TV
    Stare like a zombie
    While the mother holds her child
    Watches him die
    Hands to the sky, cryin'
    "Why, oh why?"

'Cause I need to watch things die
    From a distance
    Vicariously, I live while the whole world dies
    You all need it too don't lie

Why can't we just admit it?
    We won't give pause until
    The blood is flowing.
    Neither the brave nor bold--
    Nor brightest of stories told--
    We won't give pause until
    The blood is flowing.

I need to watch things die
    From a good safe distance.
    Vicariously, I
    Live while the whole world dies.
    You all feel the same so

Blood like rain come down
    Drum on grave and ground
    Part vampire
    Part warrior
    Carnivore
    and voyeur
    Stare at the transmittal
    Sing to the death rattle

Credulous at best
    Your desire to believe in
    Angels in the hearts of men
    Pull your head on out
    Your hippy haze and give a listen
    Shouldn't have to say it all again
    The universe is hostile
    So impersonal
    Devour to survive
    So it is
    So it's always been

We all feed on tragedy
    It's like Blood to a vampire
    Vicariously, I live while the whole world dies
    Much better you than I

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

Errm... can someone explain why a school shooting and a horny old landlady topics have been mixed together... i am really missing whatever logic explains this action...

What I really don't understand here is the pupil coming back to his school after sometime away to commit the crime, not that it excuses it but these school shooter types seem to to be loners/outcasts who generally get picked on then they take revenge generally randomly at students....

But this guy left school, came back to it with (im assuming) most of the people he knew from there gone... im thinking maybe some built up rage and/or depression leading from his school life... so he decided to go and get revenge on the 'school'.

Such a tragedy...
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lars573 View Post
    Don't you realize that the whole purpose of the rampage is for the perp to die. They want to die, they just don't want to go alone.
    Exactly - deny them what they want.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

is not a senior Member Meneldil's Avatar

I fail to understand what a link to Vicarious would be doing here.

That's sad. If I had to make an assumption, I'd say these people find their life pointless and do their best to achieve fame before dying.

His father was the head of a shooterguild. It seems that many victims had headwounds, the bastard had seemingly trained with a pistol. I prey for their families who lost loved members...
    "Silent enim leges inter arma - For among arms, the laws fall mute"
    Cicero, Pro Milone

L'Etranger Senior Member Banquo's Ghost's Avatar
    Hunting the Snark, a long way from Tipperary...

Quote Originally Posted by LittleGrizzly View Post
    Errm... can someone explain why a school shooting and a horny old landlady topics have been mixed together... i am really missing whatever logic explains this action...
    I have no idea. The irrelevant posts have been deleted.

On topic, I can only offer my deepest condolences to the families that have had to suffer such senseless tragedies in both countries. Words fail.
    "If there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this one."
    Albert Camus "Noces"

Probably Drunk Member Reverend Joe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oleander Ardens View Post
    His father was the head of a shooterguild. It seems that many victims had headwounds, the bastard had seemingly trained with a pistol. I prey for their families who lost loved members...
    Dude, **** guns. People like this wouldn't be stopped by a lack of guns; they would just build a few pipe-bombs and take out even more people.

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Germany does allow personal gun ownership, but the last time something like this happened it was used to considerably tighten firearm laws. Which, of course, really helped.

Honestly, you can see here precisely the argument that the anti-gun control crowd, including me, uses. Were firearms laws made insanely restrictive to stop something like this happening again? Yes. Did they actually stop it? No. So get rid of these insane firearms laws and for once send the autocrats in Berlin a message. I wish Germany had a Second Amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    Pretty disgusting this, I always wonder about the motives and now that I think about it, the consequences. This could lead for example to more calls for censorship of games, not like games are important in the light of so many dead people.
    Yes, the age old video game argument will arise as well - and will actually be seriously deliberated. I honestly and openly dislike the political class in this country. Husar, can you find anything on what the FDP thinks of this issue? I've been looking and I cannot, and it could well effect my vote.

Germany does allow personal gun ownership, but the last time something like this happened it was used to considerably tighten firearm laws. Which, of course, really helped.

Weren't the guns legally owned ?

My point being if ownership was illegal and assuming the parent followed the law the gun wouldn't have been there for the kid to grab. From there it depends on whether the kid grabbed the gun because it was easily available or whether the kid decided he wanted a gun and just happened to have easy access...

If it wasn't just convenience and he really had decided he wanted a gun then how easy would that be for this kid, and would he have the guts to try (potentially scary people) though seemingly being suicidal the last question could quite possibly have been a yes.

Would this kid really know how and where to get a gun, personally i really wouldn't have a clue. With guns being completely illegal you could hardly walk down the street asking people, would probably need some shady friends to know where to get guns. I know i could get most of the illegal drugs if i tried, but i have never even heard someone mention they know where to get illegal guns, and i have had some pretty shady acquaintances
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

Well I got a nice shiny AK47 for you, 275 euro, complete with case, with 50 plus you get a reflex sight along with perks. Guns are not hard to get, I could get you a bazooka or an RPG, not sure about nukes though.

, 275 euro, with 50

Exchange rate!!

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars View Post
    Yes, the age old video game argument will arise as well - and will actually be seriously deliberated. I honestly and openly dislike the political class in this country. Husar, can you find anything on what the FDP thinks of this issue? I've been looking and I cannot, and it could well effect my vote.
    Nope, only thing I know is a certain bavarian guy from the CSU will want to ban games again.

Also to update on the actual happenings, the newest I read is the guy shot 8 students in two classrooms, 4 in each, all in all he shot nine students and 3 teachers, then hijacked a car, drove 40km with the car owner amd then dumped him(alive) and the car and went into some industrial area or so.
    There he shot three more people in and around a VW car selling place, one employee, one customer and apparently another person(or maybe this person was shot later in the gunfight, not sure here). When he came out the car owner of the car he had hijacked had already informed police so he injured two policemen in a gunfight and got shot in the leg himself, he then shot himself into the head, concluding this episode with 16 dead people total.

the reasons he had seem completely unclear, apparently he played Counterstrike(well, who apart from me doesn't?) but didn't really get into the game too much, he wasn't an introvert, invited people over because his parents had a party cellar etc. his friends cannot explain it, he had finished school, was currently learning a job and was supposed to take over his dad's company later so even i think from what i have read that he doesn't really seem to fit the typical social outcast profile that many other school shooters seem to fit into.
    I mean his life sounds even better than mine and I'm lightyears away from killing anybody.
    Last edited by Husar; 03-11-2009 at 22:42.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Default Re: Re : Dressed in black, school, gun, you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meneldil View Post
    I fail to understand what a link to Vicarious would be doing here.
    Maybe because of the lyrics?

It's my kind of story etc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast