Thread: Surrendering cities

Default Surrendering cities

Has anybody been able to make a city surrender because I haven’t even with an overwhelming force nobody surrenders I’m playing on medium at the mo
    Make Beer Not War

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Default Re: Surrendering cities

once, as Prussia on hard. against Courland.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

The Laughing Knight Member Sir Beane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieFriedNuts View Post
    Has anybody been able to make a city surrender because I haven’t even with an overwhelming force nobody surrenders I’m playing on medium at the mo
    Nope, they seem determind not to surrender. I've had an enemy demand my surrender as well, but I ignored them .

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . By your powers combined I am!
    . ----------------------

Me neither.

However, I think it would only be possible if the army in question had somewhere to go.
    I.e., when demanding the surrender of a capital of a minor faction, surrendering woeld be moot (in gameterms) since the surrendering army can't withdraw to another city.

So far, the only instances where I demanded surrender of an enemy I completely outclassed were those of minor nations with only 1 territory.

I haven't either, despite surrounding an Indian village with about 400 men, and they had 1 unit of bowmen and a couple of armed citizen units.

Heir to the Scottish Throne Member Relic's Avatar

Nope, and unlock Rome they always seem to attack on their last turn under seige. Kinda ruins that whole part.

Me neither. Last time it happened was in Medieval Total War... One :-))) Really, no kidding, it happened only one time...
    "Whose motorcycle is this?", "It's a chopper, baby.", "Whose chopper is this?", "Zed's.", "Who's Zed?", "Zed's dead baby. Zed's dead." - Butch and Fabienne ride off into the sunset in Pulp Fiction.

Unhappy Re: Surrendering cities

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieFriedNuts View Post

Not me. I've also never been able to convince anyone to become my protectorate.....
    "Romanes Eunt Domus"

- Brian of Nazareth

"We always have been, we are, and I hope we always shall be, detested in France."

- Arthur Wellesly

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No surrenders for me either, despite a couple of occasions where it made absolute sense to give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficus View Post
    Not me. I've also never been able to convince anyone to become my protectorate.....
    I had Mysore offer to become my protectorate after I utterly shattered their standing army in a field battle. However, I had other designs on their territory.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's quite easy, for the one-state nations, offer 2000-10000 and they always say yes. Major factions never do though.

Only exception is once where I conquered Prussia except for Berlin and they wanted West Prussia inturn, they became my protectorate. I said yes initially, but then they attacked Hanover, which was another protectorate, so I just killed them.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

lets keep it on topic plz that's being discussed in a different toppic bout protectorates and i'm really interested in this surrendering situation
    Last of the Romans - Efthymios ek Sparteos

never even when i had a full elite army vs 2 units of pesants.

as for protectorates i got mughals to be my protectorate after dropping them to 1 region and smashing their armies and besiging their city. but i killed them the turn after the accepted cos i was only getting like 100g a turn from them.

Nope, and unlock Rome they always seem to attack on their last turn under seige. Kinda ruins that whole part.
    not sure if im reading this properly but the game FORCES besiged forces to sally on the last turn, thats the idea, if u dont force the siege the game forces a battle. and if u then beat the sallying enemy the town is yours next turn. its not the AI deciding to attack :) its the game forcing the besieged to sally b4 surrendering

Cheers Knoddy
    "How come i cant make friends like that"
    "You need to get out more"
    "Im in another galaxy, how much more out can i get"

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

I think it has more to do with relations. I've had a Russian city surrender, I think because my relations with them were friendly. Even in war. It was weird.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence