Thread: EBteam, I Bow Before You

Default EBteam, I Bow Before You

Hello, I'm new around here, though I've been a lurker for long time.

I've been playing EB since the 0.8 and I consider it to be the best game centered around ancient times. The ammount of detail is simply astonishing and it makes this game never go old. Where the CA stopped because of commercial reasons, EB team continued and created this masterpiece.

I've got to praise EB team, they have spent days of they lives on creating this mod, without any kind of material reward. Even if there would be no EB2, I wouldn't mind, they have done an amazing job. Wish my English was better and I could show my appreciation like I would in my mother tongue.

GREAT WORK GUYS

EB:NOM Triumvir Member gamegeek2's Avatar

Default Re: EBteam, I Bow Before You

I've been around since .81, and it's been great to watch it blossom into everything it is now.
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadhq
    Run Hax! For slave master gamegeek has arrived
    "To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

welcome to the forums Kara!
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Strategos Autokrator Member Vasiliyi's Avatar

I always smile when i read these types of posts. I fell in love with this game immedeatly aswell. Its just amazing. Welcome to the forums.

4x
    1x

A Livonian Rebel Member Slaists's Avatar

I can second all of the good things said here already! A wonderful mod; amazing amount of detail!

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Talking Re: EBteam, I Bow Before You

Quote Originally Posted by Kara Mustafa View Post
    Wish my English was better and I could show my appreciation like I would in my mother tongue.
    I suppose your mother tongue is Turkish? Anyway, yes, these posts are a small way we can show the EB team how much we love them. In the most platonic way...

Quote Originally Posted by Aemilius Paulus View Post
    I suppose your mother tongue is Turkish? Anyway, yes, these posts are a small way we can show the EB team how much we love them. In the most platonic way...
    Platonic?

So I need not get down on my knees and show my appreciation?

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Thumbs down Re: EBteam, I Bow Before You

Quote Originally Posted by Rilder View Post
    Platonic?

So I need not get down on my knees and show my appreciation?
    You know what I mean. Having a sexual attraction to EB and its team would be a bit scary, do you not agree? We are pretty much all males here. Unless I suppose you are a girl who loves EB and then meets Foot and falls in love with him... Or if you are homosexual.

Welcome to the org!

Quote Originally Posted by Aemilius Paulus View Post
    You know what I mean. Having a sexual attraction to EB and its team would be a bit scary, do you not agree?

Welcome to the forums Kara

I suppose your mother tongue is Turkish?
    Nope, I'm just admirer of the Ottoman empire I'm from Slovakia and I study psychology in Brno, Czech republic.

Thx for the nice replies

I join in bowing.

RTW should never have been released in the appaling shape it was. Only through RTR did I enjoy it somewhat, but the game soon ended up on the scrapheap, together with all later Total War releases. Recently, I rebought the game, simply for the purpose of having it ready when (if) Ran No Jidai gets finished, and my friend zajuts149 suggested that I check out EB meanwhile. I did, and now I bow.

While the list of impressive features in EB is long and utterly glorious (the campaign map, the government levels, the units, the buildings, the diplomacy, the reforms, the revamped retinue, the battle maps, the staggering amount of research, the factions, the graphics, even the loading screens), what I personally appreciate most from turn to turn is the new trait system.

This is one of the major areas where the original game failed most spectacularly: Half your FM's would basically be useless due to negative traits, and the workings of the system actively discouraged governors staying in place and governing a city. In EB in-situ governors are encouraged and rewarded (some benefit from respositioning, which keeps it interesting), and most FM's eventually turn out to be useful in one way or another. The "Gens" traits is a brilliant idea, and so are the traits symbolising levels of supply.

At every level of this mod, one can see that a lot of thought and work has gone into it. The result is awe-inspiring.

Welcome to the Org. You will enjoy EB even more when chatting with this great community here
    Balloon-Count: x 15

Many thanks to Hooahguy for this great sig.

Devout worshipper of Bilious Member miotas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SwissBarbar View Post
    Welcome to the Org. You will enjoy EB even more when chatting with this great community here
    so very true, half the fun in playing eb is being on the foums here, makes an awesome game so much more satisfying.

- Four Horsemen of the Presence

Let me add some words to this thread. I am an old gamer and a long time lurker here. I played MTW, RTW, RTR, then I heard of EB just at the time the .72 (or so) version was published. I tried it but it was so hard and buggy that I quit early. However I waited with hope for .81 and when it was released I started playing long campaigns. It was quite a new experience, total immersion (thanks to voicemods) and great history learning time for me. After that I tried many other games (mostly modded, since I learned to play only modded games), including Oblivion (modded), M2TW (modded, though did only a half campaign and quit), M&B (modded), then Mass Effect (this time vanilla, great but very short).

And now I am back to EB 1.2 and can say that it is still THE greatest game, totally addicting one.

So I also want to say a big "thank you" to all the developers.

And an anecdote for the end: About three months ago I have shown an EB campaign to my 4.5 years old son (normally I play only at nights when he is sleeping). A couple of days ago he asked me, with amusement: "Do you remember, dad, when you had a unit of three phalangites, in which there was one captain, one standard-bearer and only one pikeman?"

Yes, this mod is one of the top two mods for Rome. I lovelovelovelove it!

I started off with RTR but picked up EB 1.0 and then put it down again since it was quite complex.
    After suffering a major HDD failure, I started EB again and once I got the hang of it, I was hooked.
    Conquering the world with the Getai

From Aurgelmir