Thread: Talk about a mood killer...

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Talk about a mood killer...

So, here I am, just taking a stroll around campus. I see a pretty young lass from one of my classes, one I've thought about having designs on...

As I walk to her position, she starts chatting with a friend, walking in the other direction. I spend the next half hour trying to subtly get to her without appearing to be a stalker. Finally, her friend departs, and I get her on her own. We spend a few minutes talking, she seems very receptive. I finally get to asking for her number, and lo and behold, she agrees! W00T. I'm feeling very pleasant at this particular moment. And that's when...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    THE ZOMBIES ATTACK! SWARMS AND SWARMS OF BLOOD-THIRSY BRAIN MUNCHERS! After what felt like an hour of running from zombies, I woke up.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Default Re: Talk about a mood killer...

Well, when I have a nice dream about things that don't happen to me in real life, I usually get up feeling happy, because one, it's a happy dream not a nightmare, and two, I try to remember what did I do in the dream to make all the good things start happening

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Do you remember the number?
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wait, you get a number and the zombies attacked? What's the problem with that dream? The only thing I can think of is the fact that you woke up.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

I now how this feels, i think mine was even worse....

Back when i was about 15 and still yet to lose my virginity. There i am having sex with the hottest girl in the school, the one everyone fancied that was well out of my league. Briefly after i woke up it was as if it had happened the day before or somethng, I woke up in the best mood... life was great, i had a new found confidence and life was going to be great from here on out, I had sex and with the hottest girl in school!!

and then the horrible realisation dawned on me.... it was all a dream... Gah!

I do kinda miss dreaming these days... or at least i barely ever wake up remembering a dream... the last one i remember was just a bit stressful...
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

You GO BACK IN THERE AND YOU FIND HER
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think the problem is that you blew your chance. There is no quicker way to bond with a woman than to endure a zombie attack with her. Instead of running for your life, you should have taken her with you, found some weapons, holed up in a shack together and waited for sweet nature to run its course.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    You GO BACK IN THERE AND YOU FIND HER
    And don't forget to take a chainsaw and shotgun.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar
    Yarr me matey. I be livin on the high seas.

It's a trap!!!!!!!!!!!!

A trap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

Burn the number! Run away! Run away!

My kingdom for a .

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoyoma1910 View Post
    It's a trap!!!!!!!!!!!!

A trap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

Burn the number! Run away! Run away!
    !!!!!!
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

well, aside from busted dreams (my condolences), I myself had a mood breaker just now:

I have just now developed a craving for childhood game (do not ask why), called return to Jurasic, or something like that. It was a game from 1995-97, made by a company called Ednovation, and featured tthis little shrimp whose name is Harold Peabody. His job is to find a missing professor and save the park from certain destruction by a corporate p****. Its a puzzle game for kids(in theory), and I wan to actually finish solving the game (hence the craving).

but now i cannot find it anywhere

does anyone know where I can buy the game; any stores, websites, etc?
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Blog Entries

I do not recall the number- I just remember that I got it.

Also, they were really fast zombies and she ran away right away... dad gummit.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I bet her name was Zoey...

I had a cool dream a few nights ago. I was drinking slurpees. And playing Street Fighter 4.
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Soon as you wake up, write down what happened in your dream.

Keep writing and publish a book.
    You'll get millions easy

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

last night i dreamed of ETW....
    am i obsessed? i actually havent played it that much.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

I dreamt of ETW. Of cannons, to be precise. Decapitations, to be more precise. I had a bad dream.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

At least it didn't happen in real life. Zombies could be a real career killer. Especially if you have to shoot your reanimated boss.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    At least it didn't happen in real life. Zombies could be a real career killer. Especially if you have to shoot your reanimated boss.
    Thats one of the better parts of zombie killing

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

I've had similar dreams. Without the zombies - I always wake up just as I am about to get the number
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Well last night was not particularly great for me. I dreamed about a wasp that kept stinging me. No matter what i did, the bugger would not leave or die. I first tried some basic evasive actions, but i got stung time after time. Later i crushed it under my feet and even took it in to my hand crushing it, while it stung me. The damned zombie wasp would not die and attacked me time and time again, until i woke up.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Quote Originally Posted by FactionHeir View Post
    Do you remember the number?
    lol! That cracked me up, nice work sir.
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy187 View Post
    Soon as you wake up, write down what happened in your dream.

Keep writing and publish a book.
    You'll get millions easy
    Oh man, you aren't kidding...

This morning I woke up from a really strange one... It was sort of a cross between Call of Duty and the Avatar: The Last Airbender cartoon. I was desperately trying to master how to meditate properly so I could shoot fire out of my hands while the base I was in was under attack from a modern, para-military group... Dream ended just as I was about to start torching people.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

I always dream I try to destroy a machine, but I can't. It survives, no matter how.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seireikhaan View Post
    Oh man, you aren't kidding...

This morning I woke up from a really strange one... It was sort of a cross between Call of Duty and the Avatar: The Last Airbender cartoon. I was desperately trying to master how to meditate properly so I could shoot fire out of my hands while the base I was in was under attack from a modern, para-military group... Dream ended just as I was about to start torching people.
    I love the super hero dreams. Those are soo cool

Quote Originally Posted by Caius View Post
    I always dream I try to destroy a machine, but I can't. It survives, no matter how.
    Watch more "Terminator" You'll get some inspiration

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Ever had a dream where you constantly fall into a puddle? Get that one every now and then, very frustrating and disconcerting.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

I get the heavy legs dream, chased by something, usually a T-rex (no kidding) but my legs can't carry me, as if I have to run through water escaping the bastard.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Weird recurring dreams hey? I used to get one where I would be in a car (Usually an F1 racing car) and then I would crash. This would launch me into the air and as I came crashing down I would wake up with a jolt and the sensation that I had just landed. I still get stuff like this sometimes and it always gets my heart racing. Hard to get back to sleep as well.
    Last edited by CountArach; 03-15-2009 at 14:30.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Muha! A T-Rex or a Formula 1 car accident, we were born for greatness.