Thread: Can anyone answer these questions?-Bayonett Question Trade Question

Default Can anyone answer these questions?-Bayonett Question Trade Question

Can anyone answer these questions?

Once you get ring and or slot Bayonette tech are they on all the time? I noticed the fix bayonette button I had for the plug one disapeared?

Does anyone know why I can only have 3 trade slots thus only 3 trade partners My ports have upgraded a couple of times and it still stays at 3?

Thanks!

Rip, Slip, Brush, Ahh Member crazyviking03's Avatar

Default Re: Can anyone answer these questions?-Bayonett Question Trade Question

Yes, once you tech to ring and socket bayonets, they are fixed at all times.

As far as trade, I think it is dependant on the ports in your home region. Each port only gets 3 trade routes if I understand correctly. If your home region develops another port town, you can have more.

Hope this helps
    What if it is actualy you who are crazy, and I am realy not crazy?... No, you're right... I am crazy.

lol

The Laughing Knight Member Sir Beane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZIM!! View Post
    Can anyone answer these questions?

Once you get ring and or slot Bayonette tech are they on all the time? I noticed the fix bayonette button I had for the plug one disapeared?

Does anyone know why I can only have 3 trade slots thus only 3 trade partners My ports have upgraded a couple of times and it still stays at 3?

Thanks!
    Ring and sockey bayonets are permenently attached, all the time.

Trade routes are possibly limited to the number of ports in your capital province.

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . By your powers combined I am!
    . ----------------------

Thanks, yes so have you or has anyone else ever built or received a new port in your home territory?

If so how do you do that?

Also do you know how gentleman spawning works? I have a university that says it spawns them but they never really do

The Laughing Knight Member Sir Beane's Avatar

Thanks, yes so have you or has anyone else ever built or received a new port in your home territory?

If so how do you do that?

Also do you know how gentleman spawning works? I have a university that says it spawns them but they never really do
    There are buildings that grant a higher chance of spawning them. There seems to be a chance per turn of getting one, up to a limit. It's completely random every turn(I know this through save game experimentation).

Each province has a set number of towns and ports, which eventually 'pop' and allow you to build something there. England has quite a few, and more appear as you play.

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . By your powers combined I am!
    . ----------------------

Rip, Slip, Brush, Ahh Member crazyviking03's Avatar

You should also be sure to balance what kind of ports you build. Since trade routes apear to be dependent on your captial province, I guess you build its emergent port towns into commercial ports when given the option. Fishing ports help population and food supply, but dont forget if you want your navy to ever have something bigger than a Brig, you will have to develop a shipyard at some point.
    What if it is actualy you who are crazy, and I am realy not crazy?... No, you're right... I am crazy.

lol

Thanks for your replies!!

I am playing as UP Ive only had one port for 42 turns, I keep upgrading the port, Ive never seen an option to develop it as a fishing port.

Any suggestions on getting a new port?

Thank you

The 3 different port types (shipyard/commercial/fishing) become available when a port town first pops up, or you destroy the building in a current port town. It's 3 separate lines, so a commercial port only evolves into a better commercial port, you can't turn a commercial port into a fishery without destroying it and going back to the base root building.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Senior Member Senior Member Barkhorn1x's Avatar

I am playing as UP Ive only had one port for 42 turns, I keep upgrading the port, Ive never seen an option to develop it as a fishing port.

Thank you
    Ports cannot be created and you usually get one per province - that has a coastline and has developed to a certain pop. level. When a port appears you will get the choice to build a trading post, fishing village or shipyard. Once you build a type then that is the ugrade path the port will take.

Taking provinces with coastlines yields more ports.
    "Après moi le déluge"

Ricardus Insanusaum Member Bob the Insane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crazyviking03 View Post
    Yes, once you tech to ring and socket bayonets, they are fixed at all times.

Interestingly though (and not to disagree), the Advisor in game does not agree. When he talks about Ring Bayonets he refers to the button and it is only with socket bayonets that he states they are permanently attached...

Seems like there is a bit confusion in CA there...

Thank you
    I am not sure if this will help, but if you decrease taxes I think it will help. I was having a stagnant economy, dropped my taxes to both classes a little and a few turns later I was making much more money with growth as the factor than I did earlier with a higher tax rate. I also got a lot of new towns and ports, but once again I dont know if this directly related to my lowering taxes, but I suspect it did.

Didn't you know that your population gets a lot more frisky when not being charged high taxes? Can take the womenfolk out to wine and dine them more often that way.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Senior Member Senior Member Barkhorn1x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Wolf33 View Post
    Didn't you know that your population gets a lot more frisky when not being charged high taxes? Can take the womenfolk out to wine and dine them more often that way.

Yea, it's the same in real life. A shame that no politicians seem to understand the principle.
    "Après moi le déluge"

So since the UP only has 1 port in its home province the most trading partneres it can ever have is 3?

The number of trading partners you can have is dependent on your total number of commercial ports, as far as I can tell. I've seen nothing to suggest it has to do with how many such ports you have in your 'home' province(s) versus any other provinces.

All this means is that, whenever you conquer a new region with a port, check to see if it's got a shipyard or a commercial port or a fishery. If it's a 'very poor' or 'poor' port and you need a shipyard, put it there - otherwise, put a trading port ($$$ even if no trade route goes there) or a fishery (if you have a zillion ports already or are really that concerned about population growth).

As GB, I still have only 2-3 commercial ports within the UK itself, but I have at least a dozen others elsewhere in the Empire, and many, many trading partners.

Thank you for clearing that up much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Aquitaine View Post
    put a trading port ($$$ even if no trade route goes there) .

what good would that do then?

I recently captured Tunis and i was thinking of upgrading the trade port there but then I noticed no trade routes ever appeared.
    so I dismantled it and installed a fishery.
    Although I would much rather install more trade in N-A

So pls enlighten me kind sir.
    I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Wolf33 View Post

Off-topic, but I found an article in Time the other day that states the opposite. Condom/contraceptive sales shot up in the current recession and not just because kids are expensive. It seems people that can't afford to go to the movies, malls, restaurants, etc. just entertain themselves with each other.