Thread: Change city names ingame?

Somewhere in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Default Change city names ingame?

I was wondering if there is a way to change the names of cities in RTW during gameplay by modding. I know you can change the names during gameplay for bi. I was thinking about enabling this because I really enjoy the imperial campaign except the fact that all these cities have local names instead of Latin ones. I take on the whole roleplaying position and think "well...ill be like the romans and take the cities then rename them" rather than march into say Augusta Treverorum(Trier) with my legions and wonder why the barbarous Germans have a city with my name of my Emperor in it. I know it isn't really necessary but i thought id ask anyways.

Other than that im sort of new to modding games and want to experiment with all the small stuff first.
    Begin the morning by saying to thyself, I shall meet with the busybody, the ungrateful, arrogant, deceitful, envious, unsocial. All these things happen to them by reason of their ignorance of what is good and evil...
    -Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius "The Wise"

Askthepizzaguy Fan! Member Emperor of Graal's Avatar

Default Re: Change city names ingame?

In the RTW files go to Prefrences, at the bottom of the Prefrences file, there should be Settlement names, change it to TRUE
    Hope it works

Somewhere in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Default Re: Change city names ingame?

Thank you so much Emperor. Your advice worked perfectly. Just changed from false to true. Wow, I feel kind of dumb i bypassed that folder like a hundred times looking for something to change the names.
    Begin the morning by saying to thyself, I shall meet with the busybody, the ungrateful, arrogant, deceitful, envious, unsocial. All these things happen to them by reason of their ignorance of what is good and evil...
    -Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius "The Wise"