Thread: Land Battles fails, I need help please

-=LotU=- Battalion Commander Member yankeefan05's Avatar

Default Land Battles fails, I need help please

So I have Medium Unit size with Medium Funds and Late age as Sweden. 1 Gen Bodyguard, 2 Heavy Cal (1 exp each), 2 Riflemen, 2 Guards, and 4 Line Inf. I also had 2 mortars.

I faced a guy with 6 Guard and 4 Heavies.

This was on Alpine Pass but we went at it at the base.

Somehow I lost and Im really pissed because I keep trying to be as balanced as possible but still winning. I try many Guards, I try many line inf, but nothing works. My tactics are fair. I try 2 Heavy Cal with 6 Line inf and upgrade Line as much as possible but they all rout when 20 of each stack dies. wtf?

How do I win? Whats the best strategy?

This is Multiplayer not AI. I can beat Expert AI but not decent MP people.
    Last edited by yankeefan05; 03-13-2009 at 16:15.

Default Re: Land Battles fails, I need help please

Its hard to say its not so much about what units you have as what tactics you employ. Can you describe the battle?

does his general ahve any high dread traits? erm ok do we have dread triants in ETW? i ahvent seen any
    "Forgiveness is between them and god, my job is to arrange the meeting"

-=LotU=- Battalion Commander Member yankeefan05's Avatar

MP battle - His General was a non experienced Heavy Calvary Unit.

He took 2 calvary on the right and 2 calvary ont he left and attacked my mortars (1 on my left and 1 on my right) while the infantry lines stayed put on both teams. I had my 1 rifilemen (1 per mortar) in front of the mortar and clicked the wooden sticks button a little bit b4 the calvary passed the in shooting range marker and turned around and started putting the sticks the wrong way (this a bug or soemthing?) and then ran behind the mortars disobeying my commands and let the calvary destroy the mortars. my infantry units shot down all calvary and his calvary general except for 1 stack that retreated back to his infantry lines.

So we sent our infantry to each other. He had his guards set up in a line (2 ranks in) and the 1 calvary unit behind and I set my line inf in 2 ranks deep in 1 line with my 3 rank deep guards behind the main line. My rifilemen fired as his guards approached my line. As they got closer I put my rifilemen behind my guards and it was pretty straightforward after than. I replaced any fleeing infantry with my guards and sent my calvary to attack his left flank which had 35/80 left. All the calvary routed. WTF I ended up losing and yeah I lost.
    Last edited by yankeefan05; 03-13-2009 at 17:29.