Thread: Funny moments ETW

Talking Funny moments ETW

Funny animals.
    Today while playing my grand campaign with the Portuguese i fought a defensive battle at Goa vs Mysore.
    Funniest thing happened i saw in disbelief as the Mysore elephants struggled to jump a pesky wooden fence which they could have crushed underfoot with no problem fortunately for me this funny bug helped me mow them down with my militia.
    I am sorry i did not have the mind to take a screenshot.

Undercover Lurker Member Mailman653's Avatar

Default Re: Funny moments ETW

I have a story, it's so crazy that it can only happen in a TW game, The "War of the American succession".

It's the 1720's, the faction leader of the 13 Colonies not the US, protectorate of England, has died. A new leader assends rises to power and just when all seemed things would be right again, Prussia declares war and challenges the colonies new leader's right to power!

After five years of building up the colonial army of New England, comprised of militia, Native volunteers, colonials and a few Hessians, I board my troops on brigs and set sail to face the mighty battle hardned Prussian army. Apperently the Prussians have not been doing so well, when I arrive off their shores they only hold two regions which appears to be seperated by the Austrians.

I land on the shores of Brandenburg, ready to sieze the town when I am intercepted by a moderate sized Prussian army, better lead, better trained and fighting to defend their homeland.

After a long hard fought battle in a blizzard, I was triumphant, a mere colonial army defeating the great Prussian army On the following turn I moved in to lay siege to Brandenburg only to find out that it's only defended by 800 towns folk; I brushed them aside and now have extended the 13 Colonies to 14 (15 since I bought FL from the Cherokee)
    Last edited by Mailman653; 03-16-2009 at 03:13.

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

That dueling video where the loser cheats FTW. :-p
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

Hmm...
    -The looney tunes-esque one where he looks down the barrel... BOOM!
    -The one where he just throws a gun at him
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

Thumbs up Re: Funny moments ETW

On multiplayer, when I'm easily able to wipe all my opponents off the floor with my medieval Persian army of elephants, lancers, archers, islamic swordsmen, and many pikemen.

Seeing Johan Pachelbell as Gentleman in my Bavaria campaign
    Last edited by Wausser; 03-16-2009 at 23:52.
    My Balloons:

Playing as the Republiek der Zeven Verenigde Nederlanden

The actual UP flag

Killing of famous gentlemen in duels (poor Isaac Newton-he was 57, and never stood a chance).
    We should make it a competition! How many historically critical people have you killed?

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States, Earth

Last night I took a few Organ guns out for a spin. Five of them to be exact. Horrendous reload times, but the first volley took out an entire general unit. 16 cavalry dropping like flies in the face of about 60 cannonballs. I think the Organ gun is my new favorite unit. Seriously, it's like canister shot with a range of 400. When I saw them all fire the first time I just sat there laughing.

Then, in my second battle with em, routed the general unit in the first volley (along two other infantry that each sustained over 50% casualties).

executing my queen of 50 years in my marthras campaign after i started a revolution and sided with the rebels. kinda funny that she was (i assume this is the back story) the leader of the rebellion against the mughal's and then she got killed by the revolutionists :D

direct hits with mortar are always funny. wiping out half a unit with 1 shot ftw :)
    "How come i cant make friends like that"
    "You need to get out more"
    "Im in another galaxy, how much more out can i get"

If you send a rake wandering around Persia, he sometimes picks up a little monkey.

Rip, Slip, Brush, Ahh Member crazyviking03's Avatar

I finally got to see the musket choke earlier tonight. I was playing as Coarland, and my men were attacking a Russian fort. My line infantry had scaled the walls and were brawling with the firelock men when all of a sudden I see one my guys go behind an enemy, put his musket up and over his head and begin to choke the dude with his musket; flinging him from side to side as the poor guy struggled for air. The guy eventually went limp and my soldier just flung him to the side and looked for another kill. I cheered!!

What if it is actualy you who are crazy, and I am realy not crazy?... No, you're right... I am crazy.

lol

One time I attacked a fort and the first cannon ball fired missed its intended target and bounced off the ground and then hit my best general killing him. Man I was so angry. First shot too.

The perfect counter-charge.
    I was down to my last 2 units as the Portuguese invading France one militia fighting some legions etrangers on the side and a 12 liber artillery unit. French gendarmerie cavalry that had been chasing my general to the other side of the map finally chased him away and turned towards the guns. After firing 12 salvos at the french as they charged back across the map all the shots having missed the cavalry i was real angry.Had i been on the field i would have killed the men myself.
    When they came close enough i decided I'll lose anyway might as well make a heroic exit so i charged with the cannon crew and the cavalry run :beam.

Blog Entries

I'll just leave this here.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

posted by popolop from the official forums.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 03-18-2009 at 23:48.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

having 6 smaller, enemy ships surrounded with my 2nd rates, and blowing the magazine in three at once, which caused the 2 others to explode, which lit everyone of my ships ablaze and demasted them, and frantically trying to get that last ship to surrender before my ships burned and sank, only to have it run through a hole in the line and float away wind at its back as my entire fleet burned up. I was laughing so hard I forgot to save the recording
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

Thumbs up Re: Funny moments ETW

Quote Originally Posted by Subotan View Post
    I'll just leave this here.