Thread: a few questions

Strategos Autokrator Member Vasiliyi's Avatar

Default a few questions

Ok, so I finally got my video card installed and the game is running perfectly (graphics wise) I have a few questions. Ok so does artillery ever run out of cannon balls? I haven't seen it. Second, what is the best taxe rate to set your taxes to? Cuz I'm still a bit confused on that. I'm playing as russia and loving it. So far I have high hopes for this game.

4x
    1x

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

Default Re: a few questions

Well, you don't want your peasants (or nobles) rebelling, do you? Set it to whatever suits your game.

As for cannons, no, they don't run out. CA told us that they made this decision because most battles in this time period did not last long enough for the cannons to run out of ammunition.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

Default Re: a few questions

Also remember that tax rates in this game are global or theater based. If you want to raise taxes in one region, they will be raised in all regions in the same theater. You can raise taxes as high as you want. You can double click a city and then scroll through all of your cities to make sure that the peasents and nobility are content. They will have a green or yellow face on the city display. Each time before you end your turn, scroll through the cities displays to make sure that there are no red(unhappy) faces.

A high tax rate has a negetive effect on the wealth of a region each turn. This is your tax base, and you can stop it from depleting each turn by researching techs, and upgrading roads, buildings, farms and workshops in the region.