Thread: request for links to academic papers

Default request for links to academic papers

Hi all

First off, I'd just like to say that I love EB, been playing since .7something (I think?) and have been a longtime lurker.

The purpose of this post is to request some resources from you. I'm in the process of creating an argument for a research proposal for my final piece of undergraduate assessment at uni. I'm wanting to create a new argument in favour of a form of urbanisation occuring in pre-Roman Iron Age Gaul. What I was wondering is if any of the EB team have links to up-to-date academic papers and journal articles dealing with this subject material.

This way I can (hopefully) get access to resources that I probably won't find in my own research

Cheers
    Hodgson

Default Re: request for links to academic papers

Not I, sorry. My knowledge limits itself to Germania, Denmark especially. I suggest you find a Frenchman like me, someone with knowledge of local academia that the general public does not have.
    'For months Augustus let hair and beard grow and occasionally banged his head against the walls whilst shouting; "Quinctillius Varus, give me my legions back"' -Sueton, Augustus.

"Deliver us oh God, from the fury of the Norsemen", French prayer, 9th century.
    Ask gi'r klask! ask-vikingekampgruppe.dk

Balloon count: 13

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgson View Post
    Hi all

First off, I'd just like to say that I love EB, been playing since .7something (I think?) and have been a longtime lurker.

The purpose of this post is to request some resources from you. I'm in the process of creating an argument for a research proposal for my final piece of undergraduate assessment at uni. I'm wanting to create a new argument in favour of a form of urbanisation occuring in pre-Roman Iron Age Gaul. What I was wondering is if any of the EB team have links to up-to-date academic papers and journal articles dealing with this subject material.

This way I can (hopefully) get access to resources that I probably won't find in my own research

Cheers
    Hodgson
    The first three questions that spring to mind are:

1. What country are you in?

2. What is the length of your dissertation? (min and max)

3. Have you tried JSTOR?
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Hi Philipvs Vallindervs Calicvla

I'm in Australia, the written element is only a 1500 word research design but the research is presented as a half hour presentation. And I've tried JSTOR. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places, I'm not sure. My problem is that I'm supposed to be using up-to-date research except I can't find any papers on the topic that are younger than about 15 years old. Is that because I suck at searching or because there hasn't been anything published for that long? I'm leaning towards me sucking at searching...

Cheers
    Hodgson