Thread: Trouble removing provinces

Somewhere in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Question Trouble removing provinces

Im having trouble getting my mod to work after I removed a province then tried to revert back by replacing all the files i edited with ones i had kept as backup before i attempted my experiment.

The mod I am making basically tweaks the area of the world map's regions and makes the julii the sole owner of italy (except for the gauls in the north). I got rome to own all of italy but i wanted to remove messana and sicilia romanus to simplify the campaign a bit.

Here is my Modding Log i created for the occasion:

March 15th 1:25 PM

I am going to test to see if i can actually remove a province.

I am going to remove the Roman section of sicily.

I overwrited the roman area of sicily with the greek part of sicily.(the map_regions file)

Ill seal the deal by removing the part of desc_strat that states rome owns the roman part of sicily.

I tried launching and it didnt work. Ill try removing any data concerning the province Sicilia Romanus in the province reference files.

I tried removing data concerning sicilia romanus in the descr_regions and descr_settlement_regions_lookup

Im going to remove data from the file my_campaign_regions... from the text folder.

That didnt work either. (im reverted to provincial camp selection)Im going to replace the files i edited and check to see if the mod still works.

The mod doesnt work for some reason...I got a ctd after the end of the loading bar is completed. Im not sure why but ill try correcting the corrected_regions file

the corrected_regions file is the same as my map_regions file so im not sure what the problem is...

Ill check the files i edited and see if my replacement strategy worked.

I checked all the files and everything looks clean. Ill try starting the mod again.

I tried the mod again and again i got a ctd.

As one might expect I am pretty new to modding. I started just about a week ago. I looked in the post on how to edit provinces and i couldnt really find information of how to remove regions. I think my greatest concern is why my mod isnt working after i retracted my steps by replacing edited files, removing map.rwm. I tried -show_err too. Can somebody help please?
    Begin the morning by saying to thyself, I shall meet with the busybody, the ungrateful, arrogant, deceitful, envious, unsocial. All these things happen to them by reason of their ignorance of what is good and evil...
    -Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius "The Wise"

Default Re: Trouble removing provinces

First of all , check this thread :

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...02postcount=#2

According to that thread , looks like this problem :

Symptom: Game CTD's with no message at the end of the campaign loading bar.

* Using a rebel type in descr_regions.txt that does not have proper entries in data/descr_rebel_factions.txt and data/text/rebel_faction_descr.txt

Another thing : when you deleted the new region , did you delete the entries in descr_mercenaries ? (it's in imperial_campaign file , or in my_campaign_...)
    Last edited by PopePopo; 03-17-2009 at 19:03.

Somewhere in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Gosh. I feel like a total noobie at this stuff now. I thought i knew all about where the region related data was. Looks like ill check those files out and delete any info related to Sicilia Romanus.
    Begin the morning by saying to thyself, I shall meet with the busybody, the ungrateful, arrogant, deceitful, envious, unsocial. All these things happen to them by reason of their ignorance of what is good and evil...
    -Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius "The Wise"

Don't worry , i'm still a newbie :P But you'll learn it , step by step :)