Thread: Oh No!! Its those 1809 people again.........

Default Oh No!! Its those 1809 people again.........

The time has come for those damned Napoleonic people to make their annual trip to the hallowed halls of modding to plague the venerable ones with questions. Apologies in advance but here goes........

With a great deal of help from the wise ones we carried out last year a number of improvements to our Napoleonic system based on the Lordz sterling work with NTW1. We now have a game that allows us to simulate Napoleonic actions with a fair degree of accuracy. BUT...... in our eternal search for perfection we would like to do more so any help from the experts in answering the following would be greatly appreciated.

We realise the limitations of the MTW1 engine but it is still by far and away the best medium we have found for getting a 'tabletop' wargames style action. We would like ( love, kill, torture, blackmail etc )
    to:

Increase the number of units available to each player.

Improve the graphics quality still further. i.e better animations, more uniform detail etc.

Add to the number of units available. Atm we are using all the folders except the ones that give you brick walls round the figures.

OK, you say, they don't want much do they? With our limited modding experience we may be shooting for the moon but the following factors might have some bearing.

We don't use the campaign section. Is there any way we could use some of the programs resources to improve the areas above? Similarly we only use 7 factions, the main Napoleonic ones. We have been told repeatedly that the 'hard coding' imposes the limitations. It strikes me that it may be worth talking to Activision about possibly acquiring it if this is the case. Before we go down that road it would be useful to know if any of the above improvements would be possible with access to the 'hard code'.

With regard to the graphics we realise that we aint the Da Vinci's of the modding world. If all else fails we would love to hear from an experienced graphics pro with time on their hands, (who would like to be waited on hand and foot by scantily clad Houri's while enjoying large glasses of best malt) OK, we're lying but we'd be quite happy to supply any software that might help.

OK, thanks for your attention and be great to hear your comments. By the way R'as I aint forgot I owe you a bag of camel food, its just that things have been tough lately

Regards to all

Falkonfive

http://s15.invisionfree.com/ntw1revival

Default Re: Oh No!! Its those 1809 people again.........

Originally posted by falkonfive
    Increase the number of units available to each player.
    Impossible AFAIK. Hardcoded and thats that

Improve the graphics quality still further. i.e better animations, more uniform detail etc.

Possible. many mods have done a lot of work in those areas. If i were you id pm Cegorach of the Pike and Musket, Ras al Ghul of the Samurai Warldords and Tyberious of the Tyberious add on to the XL mod. They might provide invaluable help.

Add to the number of units available. Atm we are using all the folders except the ones that give you brick walls round the figures.
    The Pike and Musket mod features more than 1000 units - check with Cegorach as no one ever came even close to reproducing the number in any MTW mod AFAIK.

Last edited by gollum; 03-17-2009 at 21:05.
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

Many thanks Gollum, thats given us a few paths to explore.

Regards and thanks,

Falkonfive

Quote Originally Posted by gollum View Post

The Pike and Musket mod features more than 1000 units - check with Cegorach as no one ever came even close to reproducing the number in any MTW mod AFAIK.

Yes, but In different periods, you can't have all 1000 together in the same campaign so the maximum units is Still 256 for trainable combat units, and then unlimited?? for dismounts, mirror units, agents, and ships.