Thread: Defencive Stance

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Defencive Stance

Hello everyone, i wonder what the defence makes Athenian Hoplites as the Spartans in EB. I 've noticed that the group is United, as a phalanx, moves in block. What difference this makes in battle?

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Default Re: Defencive Stance

It makes then weaker in the attack but better in defense. Not much unless you just have your men sit there and get beat on because defense mode units don't tire very easily.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

I tend to use defensive mode almost exclusively, on normal mode they tend to get spread out, which is death for Hopitai units.

unless I get those times when the guard mode bugs and the units want to face away from the enemy, then I turn guard mode off.

I use it when I want my units to stay in a straight line, I usually use this for legionaries, hoplites and most spearmen.
    Last edited by lenin96; 03-18-2009 at 07:51.
    Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    Have the strength of Arnold Schwarzenegger, the voice of Billy Mays and the ability to produce bull**** at a moments notice and you can be the leader of anything.