Thread: Commanders

Default Commanders

Hi,

Why I don't get any commandment points on my commanders? Although that I have done some tough battles ( 1000 me and the opponent had 2000 ). I don't get any stars on the commandment of my generals? Why's that? And I see other factions got 8-9 stars.. Can anyone answer me?

Regards.

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

Default Re: Commanders

You just don't. The game has been changed like that. The command stars don't even matter, since the morale taking or giving traits are so much more important. Command stars mean nothing.

You can download mods to give you more command stars..
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

You have a brain the AI has Stars to compensate for its lack of brain. Do not worry.

There are other threads like this (try a search), they pop up every month or so. There are also threads on how to get the stars, again try a search.
    'For months Augustus let hair and beard grow and occasionally banged his head against the walls whilst shouting; "Quinctillius Varus, give me my legions back"' -Sueton, Augustus.

"Deliver us oh God, from the fury of the Norsemen", French prayer, 9th century.
    Ask gi'r klask! ask-vikingekampgruppe.dk

Balloon count: 13

Can someone then give me the mod for the stars I seek? Because I've searched and didn't find it nowhere.. Also will this patch affect by gameplay or other things? Because I would rather leave it as it is if it's going to change my saves etc...

Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by A Very Super Market View Post
    You just don't. The game has been changed like that. The command stars don't even matter, since the morale taking or giving traits are so much more important. Command stars mean nothing.

You can download mods to give you more command stars..
    Sorry but that is just totally wrong. Morale Traits are the ones that doesnt matter in EB.
    When a unit of 14 morale(Only existing in EB) gets -3 Morale or plus 3 it doesnt change much.
    If you have a 10 star general, than your units will never rout when next to him.

I is da bestest at grammar Member Strategos Alexandros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seienchin View Post
    when next to him.
    Morale traits affect the whole army.
    - my first balloon, from Mouzafphaerre
    - LS balloon

Modo Egredior
    https://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bi...ookup=Plb.+toc <- read this!
    "Do you know what's worth fighting for?
    When it's not worth dying for?"

Blog Entries

A 10 Star General also...
    But esspecially the guys around him.

It doesn't really matter because the AI hardly has any FMs in its army, in particular when the empire is large and the family tree small. And when you encounter enemy FMs they most likely instantly kamikaze into the next unit of your pikemen.

Disclaimer: my posts are to be considered my private opinion and not offical statements by the EB Team

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by konny View Post
    It doesn't really matter because the AI hardly has any FMs in its army, in particular when the empire is large and the family tree small. And when you encounter enemy FMs they most likely instantly kamikaze into the next unit of your pikemen.
    I thought the Ai spawnes new family members all the time.
    And by the way more than half of the armies I encounter have Fms. Today i fought 4AS Generals in one Army... And Although they stormed in my phalangitai they did tremendous damage....
    Oh and by the way nobody routed until I killed the AS Main General with 60 Companions (On Large)...
    Horrible...

Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

Honestly, command has done nothing in my experience. Enemy FMs simply die too stupidly, and routing units completely broken, so the command stars mean NOTHING

Routing when you kill an FM removes a ton of morale from every unit. All the time, even if it is a crappy general.
    Last edited by A Very Super Market; 03-18-2009 at 17:53.
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    No ham, pepsi.
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

You "just don't" get command stars? I ask because my faction leader has something like 6-7 and I have a couple of generals with a few. Does using BI.exe make a difference there?

You will get them, its just harder to. If you win a lot of heroic victories, you'll still get them, and good traits aren't impossible to get.
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    No ham, pepsi.
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Commanders

There are a number of factors that affect command stars. Battle odds are one, the intelligence, charisma and energy level of the general is another (and remember that there are six levels of either trait, but you only the broad trend: you'll have to guess from his traits exactly how intelligent/charismatic/energetic he is). It also helps to have your generals rest occasionally, so they can reflect on the battles and learn from them.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Unoffical PBM recruiter person Member /Bean\'s Avatar

in case your still looking for it:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=98407
    =========================================
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    ========================================================
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by seienchin View Post
    I thought the Ai spawnes new family members all the time.
    Yes it does when needed.

And by the way more than half of the armies I encounter have Fms.
    This is half of the full stack armies, I think? The vast majority of AI forces are commanded by captains. And yes, there are those armies that three or four FMs at once, but these are very rare. I rember that I once run into an army that was nothing but 5 Aedui FMs, including faction leader and heir, that were sitting around in some bushes.

Disclaimer: my posts are to be considered my private opinion and not offical statements by the EB Team

Unoffical PBM recruiter person Member /Bean\'s Avatar

The Ptolies tend to use several FM's, especially in Syria...Gauls do as well. Romans and other greeks not so much, as neither do other barbarians or the Carthies
    =========================================
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    ========================================================
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Xsaçapāvan é Skudra Member Atraphoenix's Avatar

at least FMs are more logical with alex also I do not know why I have not met any AS FM who has less then 80 bodyguards! leader had 125 methinks it is coded like that to get ai less casulty as fms loves the pikes of phalanxes but as I play with nomadic factions they are my worst nightmare
    thanks to axes of hyrcanians I can only kill them with them as they have a very good stat and also AP!
    Last edited by Atraphoenix; 03-18-2009 at 22:08.

My Submods for EB
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished
    History is written by the victor." Winston Churchill

Blog Entries

Ive encountered a terrible tactician and drunkard AS Family member with 8 Stars today...
    But anyway as a gaul I had the trait "Leader of man" quite often and today I got it the first time with another faction.
    My Romanoi General who killed 18 (I count them for Roleplay) Ptollmaioi FMs, 12 Seleuks and won 62 battles got it and with the mod that gives you command stars for the blooded, seen the elephant etc. traits he finally got 10. Hard work
    But my goodness with his gold chevron numidian skirmishers, mercenariy phalangitai, hoplitai and numidian skirmishers and Nothing more(!!!), he managed to kill 2Ptollmaioi Elite stacks in one round
    And he died in a bridge battle in Palaestina cause he fell of the bridge pursuing the enemy
    Good for Roleplaying