Thread: The Price of ETW

Default The Price of ETW

I went into town yesterday to buy the game and I was shocked at the price. It's just a penny under forty quid. I decided against buying it for the moment (bills etc to pay) I dug out my copy of MTW2 just to check that my memory hadn't failed me and it was priced at £24.99. So ETW is £15 more.

I undestand that a lot of work has gone into developing the game but that's one heck of a hike!

I'd get a bank loan but I've probably got more spare cash than them at the moment.

Anyone else suprised at the increase?
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Price of ETW

My copy was $49.99. Thought undoubtedly I wish I could have paid less, this seems the standard price for new games nowadays, if not more.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

It's currently £24.96 at Amazon, £31.52 for special forces.

I saw the "special Addition" in tescos the other day for £34.99 ( the same as I bought it for) and the standard edition for £29.99.

Where were you looking for the game?
    May the Foss be with you....

I payed £35 on pre order for the special forces edition, you need to stop shopping in Harrods bud :P

Paid £23.85 for my standard edition off dvd.co.uk

..fears no adversary Senior Member Jochi Khan's Avatar

Paid £29.99 for the standard edition (with Play.com Exclusive 'USS Constitution' Unlock Code) off Play.com
    Still haven't worked out where the code is supposed to be entered.
    R.I.P Great Warrior Ja mata TosaInu

sat at the..Nomad Alliance..campfire

Do your best and do it according to your own inner standard
    --call it conscience--
    not just according to society's knowledge and judgement of your deeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jochi Khan View Post
    Paid £29.99 for the standard edition (with Play.com Exclusive 'USS Constitution' Unlock Code) off Play.com
    Still haven't worked out where the code is supposed to be entered.
    Lol, open steam, go to my games and at the bottom there's a box that says activate a product on steam, click that and follow the instructions.

..fears no adversary Senior Member Jochi Khan's Avatar

heh I have activated the game on Steam. Been playing since release.
    Just this code thingy has me 'stumped'
    R.I.P Great Warrior Ja mata TosaInu

sat at the..Nomad Alliance..campfire

Do your best and do it according to your own inner standard
    --call it conscience--
    not just according to society's knowledge and judgement of your deeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jochi Khan View Post
    heh I have activated the game on Steam. Been playing since release.
    Just this code thingy has me 'stumped'
    That's for the code as well bud, so basically you need to go through the process for each code.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Whinge more. $109.95 for my copy.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

130$ for collectors edition WORTH IT!
    "How come i cant make friends like that"
    "You need to get out more"
    "Im in another galaxy, how much more out can i get"

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by knoddy View Post
    130$ for collectors edition WORTH IT!
    After I made some calculations how much that is in our currency I decided to go with standard edition!

When ever I buy the game though!

Member Member 5 Card Draw Champion, Mini Pool 2 Champion, Ice Hockey Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion Northnovas's Avatar

Well I patiently waited and amazon as shipped out my Collectors Edition yesterday for $80.00 the price dropped $10.00 from release date. Overall, it was still cheaper then MTW2 on release.
    The price of computers have dropped and the new rig, quad core was cheaper then the single processor I bought on the release of MTW2.

Games prices overall have seen a big hike in the UK after Christmas, even in online stores. It used to be standard to get newly released DS, PSP, PS2 and PC games for £17.99, with xbox 360 and PS3 games tending towards £29.99 - £34.99. Now £39.99 is the standard price for 360, PS3 and some PC games, and £24.99 - £29.99 for DS, PSP and PS2 games. It's pretty obscene.

I use gametracker to find the cheapest online price for a game. It searches based on UK websites, but can be configured to look in other countries. Next step is to go to hotukdeals and use the voucher search on the right hand side of the main page to see if there are any money off vouchers for the sites you would be happy to buy from. Game's online store used to do a lot of £3 and £5 off vouchers, shopto do some occasionally, as does play.com. You can also search the main site to see if anyone has posted about a bricks and mortar shop selling a game at a good price. If you don't mind buying via smaller sellers, playtrade on play.com and amazon's marketplace can both turn up some good deals and unlike ebay there are standards and the buyer is fully covered.

Takes a bit of time, and can save a lot of money.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

I would wait till the price goes down. I paid retail $50.00 for the most buggy, unfinshed game I've seen from CA in the Total War Series. I'm putting the game back on the shelf untill mods and patches fix some of the issues.

Heh. Shopto have made ETW their weekly special. £17.99 plus free postage, if that's any help to anyone. I've used shopto quite a few times; they're good. Order before 5PM and you get your game the next day.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    Heh. Shopto have made ETW their weekly special. £17.99 plus free postage, if that's any help to anyone. I've used shopto quite a few times; they're good. Order before 5PM and you get your game the next day.
    Thanks for that frogbeastegg. I'll order one right away.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."