Thread: Every Battle i start archers are split 1 loose formation and 1 tight

Default Every Battle i start archers are split 1 loose formation and 1 tight

In every battle i start in the campaign, if i have more than 1 set of archers or skirmishers in my army they will be in different formations, 1 loose and 1 tight. It is really pissing me off now because every battle i start i automatically seperate my archers and skirmishers and select them all to the same formation because they are all different when the battle starts.

Who else gets this?

If its only me then whats all this about cas its just another little information (litrualley) in the game which pisses me off because its such a good game.

P.s im not sure if this happends in multiplayer mode.
    Last edited by lionhard; 03-18-2009 at 20:30. Reason: P.s msg
    From Olaf the Great

"Fight for your country -- that is the best, the only omen! ..." - Hector

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

Default Re: Every Battle i start archers are split 1 loose formation and 1 tight

You're really overreacting for something so minor. Archer-Spearmen will always start out tight, and archers loose.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

Default Re: Every Battle i start archers are split 1 loose formation and 1 tight

Quote Originally Posted by A Very Super Market View Post
    Archer-Spearmen will always start out tight, and archers loose.
    I don't think so. My Sab'yn main stack has 2 units of Arab archer-spearmen, and IIRC at the start of each battle one unit will be in loose formation, one will be in tight formation.

that's to make you remember that you have both possibilities, therefore rejoice
    Balloon-Count: x 15

Many thanks to Hooahguy for this great sig.

I think formations in general are mod-able... So if you really want it comfortable, why not DL something like darthmod and even have actually useful army-wide "formations" in the UI rather than having to group unit types to deploy them manually all the time...? Or you could start having some fun with the file-guts yourself (set your own battle start configuration or a UI formation button to exactly suit your needs).

I am honoured to have been presented with my first baloons - - by Ibrahim for tactical observations
    and with my second balloon by Christopher Burgoyne for physical elaboration on the advantages conferred by the Kontos over the Xyston.

maybe i am going over the top a bit im just sick of having to constantly click tight then loose at the start of forming my infnatry i must have wasted so much time setting formations due to them all been different at the start of the game.
    From Olaf the Great

"Fight for your country -- that is the best, the only omen! ..." - Hector

I'm not sure but isn't this influenced by in what formation the unit was when the last battle they took part in ended? I seem to have experienced something like that a few times but I'm not sure if this was the cause...
    “Save us, o Lord, from the arrows of the Magyars.” - A prayer from the 10th century.

It's just how it happens sometimes. If I have for example 2 units of Akontistai and 2 units of archers I will simply select the Akontistai and push g(for group)/shift-1(for single line)/c until they are close if I want them close or loose if I want them loose, then drag them into position. I then repeat with archers. The whole process takes maybe 10 seconds. I don't know any way around this.
    "Insipientis est dicere, Non putarvm."

"It is the part of a fool to say, I should not have thought."
    -Pvblivs Cornelivs Scipio Africanvs

Lives: Pvblivs Cornelivs Scipio (A Romani AAR)
    Lives: Alkyoneus Argeades (A Makedonian AAR)