Thread: How do you make revolutions?

Default How do you make revolutions?

how do you make a revolution in ETW. Went on the Goverment button but did not find it. I am interested in changing my goverment type and religion

Default Re: The Ottoman Empire

how do you make a revolution in ETW
    There is no button, you go to the Policies screen, raise taxes all the way to super high, and move your army out of your capital, then hit end turn.

A revoultion screen will pop up asking if you want to swear alliegance to govt or join the revoultion. If you win as revoultionaries you get a new govt.

Be warned, the revoultion movie causes alot of crashes for alot of ppl.

Also, make sure you do this only on you capital, while turning taxes OFF on all the other provinces,
    that way they will still be yours once the revolution ends.

Then just conquer the (almost) undefended capital with your rebel army and there you go.

thanks for all your help....I will try. Now lets continue the discussion on Ottomans. I still have to try them out. I am currently playing Prussia. I wish I can play Knights of St.John, Malta. As I'am Maltese and live in Malta.

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Default Re: How do you make revolutions?

Moved from the Guides forum.

Undercover Lurker Member Mailman653's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clikarbar View Post
    thanks for all your help....I will try. Now lets continue the discussion on Ottomans. I still have to try them out. I am currently playing Prussia. I wish I can play Knights of St.John, Malta. As I'am Maltese and live in Malta.
    You can do this with a mod,https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...0&postcount=25 but what I can't remember is if they are an emergent faction or just not playable, if it's the latter then you'll have no problems trying to start a campaign with them (you won't have any long or short term goals, basically it's a sandbox campaign), if it's the former the game will crash whenever you try because they have no territories to start out with.
    Last edited by Mailman653; 03-18-2009 at 22:53.

Check out this thread: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=114613

It covers the subject pretty extensively.
    I see stupid people....walking around like regular people....they don't even know they're stupid.

What happens is that on the first turn the workers go on strike, next they burn a building, and only after that do they revolt. So you have to wait three turns.
    Last edited by quadalpha; 03-18-2009 at 23:53.

If you play Russia, you just have to name a unit "Vladimir Ilyich Lenin" and move it to St. Petersburg
    Better dead than a Coward - Gurkha motto

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by quadalpha View Post
    What happens is that on the first turn the workers go on strike, next they burn a building, and only after that do they revolt. So you have to wait three turns.
    If you want to suppress the revolt fill the city with troops and have some in the countryside.

If you want to join the revolt then you need to get all the loyal troops out of the region and use the spawned army.

As a side note; if you save before the revolution and reload it is going to be another three turns before the revolt. Loading the save restarts the 3 turn count down.

Therefore save the game before the first workers strike or it is going to take six years if things don’t go your way the first time.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain