Thread: Patch for CTD

Default Patch for CTD

So does anyone think this whole annoying CTD epidemic will be resolved with a patch or two in the future? Or is this Game doomed to its buggy grave forever.
    ''I Have just Signed my own Death warrent-Michael Collins, upon signing the Anglo Irish Treaty''

Default Re: Patch for CTD

Well, if they fail to fix it then it'll hurt their credibility as game developers. They have had these kind of problems in past games but not on this big of scale. This is the sort of thing that can keep you from getting new players to buy and get past players to buy again. Its a serious issue. This is just my opinion though.

You obviously don't realize this, but according to the fanboys, this game doesn't require a patch and runs fine. Its your fault that the game CTD's.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

^^ Troll Alert ^^

There are basically 3 explanations which cover CTD's.

There are some peoples caused by peoples computers because the game is demanding and they try to play it with unstable rigs or inferior set-ups which cause it to crash and not because of the software itself.

There are other people who complain about one or two crashes over a space of a month when they been playing for 10 hours straight and call the game unplayable because of that when they can use load from auto_save.

Then there are just the unlucky ones which have numerous crashes and these problems should be fixed soon by CA.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Quote Originally Posted by Veresov View Post
    You obviously don't realize this, but according to the fanboys, this game doesn't require a patch and runs fine. Its your fault that the game CTD's.

Well are you one of these so called fan boys? Because I assure you my PC is mroe than capable of running this game, and these CTD's are not my fault but the Fault of Shabby CA work. Plain and simple. I hate to say it.
    ''I Have just Signed my own Death warrent-Michael Collins, upon signing the Anglo Irish Treaty''

Fargo (Yeah, yeah, but IRL we dont talk like that here)

Quote Originally Posted by Veresov View Post
    Get back under your bridge troll!

To answer to OP's question, many of the present CTD problems should be fixed in an upcoming patch.

Chech the Daily Update thread for more information.
    Genius by birth, slacker by choice.
    <=== Member since 2000

I have all the morality of a drunk eight-year-old and the self-awareness of a cold bag of ham, but in my occasional windows of clarity, even I'm cognizant of the fact that I am the last person on the planet who should have access to unstoppable mental powers. -Dan O' Brian @ Cracked.com

Ja Mata, Tosa Inu

Mine would crash often on my middle-of-the-road computer, even on "low" graphics, just like MTW did.

Then I bought a new $100 video card. Now, it runs fine in campaign mode, and runs fine in single-battle mode, but always crashes when changing between the two.

Is that the fault of my hardware, or is that a bug they will patch soon?

Loitering Senior Member AussieGiant's Avatar

Well I've just got my first "white screen of death" in the AI turn in the year 1740.

I've loaded up a few times and it craps out in the same spot each time.

It's a little disappointing really.

That's approximately 20.3 hours of my life...(thanks Steam for giving me those stats ) down the tubes.

it was certainly a good taste tester though. I played on m/m just to get the hang of it and they have done a very good job otherwise.