Thread: EUROPEAN WARS - first units preview!

REX POLONIAE Moderator KLAssurbanipal's Avatar

Default EUROPEAN WARS - first units preview!

'European Wars' - a mod which takes us in 18th century. It is an age of 'Empire: Total War' which was released in March 2009.'European Wars' will be a Historical-Realism-Mod for this game.

It's a first units preview of "European Wars" mod on Empire Total War. Preview is more historical than standard units in Empire TW.
    I have made heavy cavalry units (Cuirassiers and Elite Guards) and Grenadiers. For example: French Mousqetaires, Russian Life Guards, Swedish Grenadiers. I want to say especially thanks for lesterthenerd, (and Ikusa IX, Yoda Twin). They made these screens. Units in renders have parts of Lordz.

NEXT PREVIEW -> Features and Battles

SCREENS:

Austria - Cuirassiers:

France - Cuirassiers du Roi:

Poland - Augustus II the Strong's Grenadiers:

Sweden - Carl XII's Grenadiers:

Austria - Hungarian Grenadiers:

France - Swiss Line Infantry:

France - Line Infantry, Regiment du Roi:

France - Mousquetaires de la Garde:

Poland - Trabant Guards:

Russia - Life Guards:

Yorkist Senior Member NagatsukaShumi's Avatar

Default Re: EUROPEAN WARS - first units preview!

Utterly fantastic looking units! I will definately be keeping tabs on this!
    RIP TosaInu
    Ja Mata

Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar

Indeed! Are those grenadier caps modded? They look slightly taller than the vanilla ones...

Great units! Can you tell us what you will do in for the campaign?
    Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    Have the strength of Arnold Schwarzenegger, the voice of Billy Mays and the ability to produce bull**** at a moments notice and you can be the leader of anything.

Thumbs up Re: EUROPEAN WARS - first units preview!

Undercover Lurker Member Mailman653's Avatar

Very cool, it's good to see all those units and more under one mod, currently uniform skins are all over the place in individual mods.

Thank You All my friends!!! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander the Pretty Good View Post
    Indeed! Are those grenadier caps modded? They look slightly taller than the vanilla ones...
    There is other pattern. :)

Quote Originally Posted by lenin96 View Post
    Great units! Can you tell us what you will do in for the campaign?
    Yes, of course :) More info in next preview.

Great work, keep it up
    When it occurs to a man that nature does not regard him as important and that she feels she would not maim the universe by disposing of him, he at first wishes to throw bricks at the temple, and he hates deeply the fact that there are no bricks and no temples
    -Stephen Crane

Looks good.

Is the mod "only" about visual changes or is it also about gameplay and recruitment?

Some of your units look a bit "old-fashioned", nearer to 1700 than the ETW standard units. That is fine. Is it possible and planned first only to be able to recruit 1700-units, later 1750-units (which had different clothes style) and in the end 1790-units (again slightly other style)? The most annoying factor of ETW for me is that you start in 1700 with units in the style of the mid 1700's. It is the fault of the tech tree, the new feature most hated by me. I would have preferred different looking units (with different stats) for different times, the later units in the more modern fashion and with better stats. The older TW system was better here. Perhaps it is also possible with the tech tree to have different looking later units?

Another great feature would be local recruitment and mercenaries. I would like to recruit f.e. Highland swordsmen in case I conquered Scotland or American indian natives in case I am in the Americas.
    The queen commands and we'll obey
    Over the Hills and far away.
    (perhaps from an English Traditional, about 1700 AD)

Drum, Kinder, seid lustig und allesamt bereit:
    Auf, Ansbach-Dragoner! Auf, Ansbach-Bayreuth!
    (later chorus -containing a wrong regimental name for the Bayreuth-Dragoner (DR Nr. 5) - of the "Hohenfriedberger Marsch", reminiscense of a battle in 1745 AD, to the music perhaps of an earlier cuirassier march)

Post Re: EUROPEAN WARS - first units preview!

Quote Originally Posted by geala View Post
    Another great feature would be local recruitment and mercenaries. I would like to recruit f.e. Highland swordsmen in case I conquered Scotland or American indian natives in case I am in the Americas.
    You can already recruit Highlanders and Native Americans in their local regions respectively...

I Still Play Shogun Member ratbarf's Avatar

That looked positively amazing. Congratulations.
    "The man who has no sense of history, is like a man who has no ears or eyes" - Adolf Hitler

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
    Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe.

you should try the less is more approach tbh vannilla units look more like soldiers

Aargh! So many goofy moustaches!

Seriously though, well done!

The Dam Dog Senior Member Sheogorath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smellycat View Post
    you should try the less is more approach tbh vannilla units look more like soldiers
    I think he's going for the 'historical' approach.

It may seem silly to the 21st century mind, but there was an era when entire regiments of soldiers were organized based on height and hair color, and were made to wear their mustaches pointing in a certain direction.
    Tallyho lads, rape the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers!

Thanks, my friends :)

Quote Originally Posted by geala View Post
    Looks good.

Is the mod "only" about visual changes or is it also about gameplay and recruitment?

Some of your units look a bit "old-fashioned", nearer to 1700 than the ETW standard units. That is fine. Is it possible and planned first only to be able to recruit 1700-units, later 1750-units (which had different clothes style) and in the end 1790-units (again slightly other style)? The most annoying factor of ETW for me is that you start in 1700 with units in the style of the mid 1700's. It is the fault of the tech tree, the new feature most hated by me. I would have preferred different looking units (with different stats) for different times, the later units in the more modern fashion and with better stats. The older TW system was better here. Perhaps it is also possible with the tech tree to have different looking later units?

In my mod I will change AI, campaign map and others. In next preview will be Features.

Yes I will make 2 (or 3) periods of uniforms. It will be that same as EW1 (on RTW): 1) 1700 - Great Northern War and Spanish Succesion War; 2) 1756 - Seven Years War. Maybe 3rd period with French Revolutionary uniforms :)
    There are examples from EW1: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=104607 This mod is released for Rome Total War as 18th century mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheogorath View Post
    I think he's going for the 'historical' approach.

It may seem silly to the 21st century mind, but there was an era when entire regiments of soldiers were organized based on height and hair color, and were made to wear their mustaches pointing in a certain direction.

Yes :)

Thumbs up Re: EUROPEAN WARS - first units preview!

Quote Originally Posted by King Louise Assurbanipal View Post
    Yes I will make 2 (or 3) periods of uniforms. It will be that same as EW1 (on RTW): 1) 1700 - Great Northern War and Spanish Succesion War; 2) 1756 - Seven Years War. Maybe 3rd period with French Revolutionary uniforms :)
    Nice!