Thread: I made a massive post but now it's gone.

Unhappy I made a massive post but now it's gone.

Hi all,

I made a massive Odessey/Comedy type story for my entrance to the Guild with around 500/600 words but when I posted it, I got a random message and it is gone.

So I'll keep this one short for yours and my benefit. Anyway read my profile to find out about me unless your lazy like myself, in which case don't do it.

I'll be hanging out everywhere except the Empire forums because I'm still waiting on PC World to find out why their £200 motherboard/ram and £150 graphic cards are screwing up and not letting any of my new games run.

So farewell for the present and.... hello....

P.S My name was on a Norse name generator, I'm not realy interesting in the Vikings, I'm more into Antigquity and Post, 17th Century history.

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Question Re: I made a massive post but now it's gone.

Hmm, did going back on your browser not help? Do you use Firefox?

Default Re: I made a massive post but now it's gone.

Welcome to the .org!

Some find it helpful to construct large posts in a text editor and copy paste; saves the: oh my! 87^&#$^%^^%!!!! what the &^$#^& happened to my post moments
    Ja-mata TosaInu

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What message did you get? Could you remember?

And welcome to the Org

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Always select all text (control+A) and then copy (control+C) it before you press post, so if its gone then you can relog in and then paste the text (control+V) and repost.

Welcome to the org!

Last edited by gollum; 03-22-2009 at 14:47.
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Feyr Tehl View Post
    I made a massive Odessey/Comedy type story for my entrance to the Guild with around 500/600 words but when I posted it, I got a random message and it is gone.
    Gotta hate that, unlucky matey.

Anyway, welcome young 'un!
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

Cheers for the advice all. I used IE at the time and I got a message about entering something else once logging in again and everytime I clicked back, I got the same message. Anyway, no harm done for now, I'll try and remember the advice.

Wandering Fool Senior Member bamff's Avatar

I feel your pain, Feyr Tehl! I had a similar experience quite some time back...but I am sure that mine was due to my own ineptitude....

Quote Originally Posted by HopAlongBunny View Post
    Some find it helpful to construct large posts in a text editor and copy paste; saves the: oh my! 87^&#$^%^^%!!!! what the &^$#^& happened to my post moments
    I am now in the habit of writing any larger posts in word and then cutting and pasting....as HopAlongBunny says, it saves an awful lot of

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Post Re: I made a massive post but now it's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by bamff View Post
    I
    I am now in the habit of writing any larger posts in word and then cutting and pasting....as HopAlongBunny says, it saves an awful lot of
    I sometimes do that as well, for my longest posts, but in all the times I have lost my posts, I either pressed the "Back" button, or my posts was recovered (if it was a computer shutdown/browser crash). I only use MS Word because it is more comfortable. I have Firefox, BTW, which always recovers everything when the browser is unexpectedly shut down.

Yes, Firefox is quite splendid. It also has a spellchecker, good security, and most of all, speed. Just a day ago I used IE, and the difference in speed was stunning. IE lagged so much, it gave me the impression that I had 1 Mb/s connection, and not the 6 that I have.

Blog Entries

God I know how you feel, sometimes I'll do a mafia write up or (rarely) prepare a backroom debate just for my browser to freeze!

WELCOME