Thread: Aes Uxorum

Devout worshipper of Bilious Member miotas's Avatar

Default Aes Uxorum

Why are my client rulers being punished for not making more citizens when they aren't citizens? Is there a way to make them a part of the family so they can marry?

- Four Horsemen of the Presence

Default Re: Aes Uxorum

You can win heroic battle victories with them and then adopt them if you have a "family member vacancy" - this is not advised though because it can apparently mess up the trait system (family members getting the "impostor" trait etc.).
    Last edited by Nachtmeister; 03-29-2009 at 16:42.

I am honoured to have been presented with my first baloons - - by Ibrahim for tactical observations
    and with my second balloon by Christopher Burgoyne for physical elaboration on the advantages conferred by the Kontos over the Xyston.

Maybe "Aes Uxorum" and "Cient Ruler"/"Recruited General" should be made anti-traits?

--> - Never near Argos - <--

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Post Re: Aes Uxorum

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtmeister View Post
    You can win heroic battle victories with them and then adopt them if you have a "family member vacancy" - this is not advised though because it can apparently mess up the trait system (family members getting the "impostor" trait etc.).
    I had no problems . That Client Ruler that I adopted is now an FM, but he will get the "Impostor " trait if he spends time in a non-Type IV government settlement, as I have found out in my tests (after which I reloaded the game). I just played EB an hour ago BTW, and that bloke had a son come of age. I will see how that fella turns out.

As for "Aes Uxorum", I do not think it matters THAT much. Client rulers already start out with 5 influence, so getting their influence up to 10 should be a matter of time. In general, in EB, influence is incredibly easy to gain. Every general I have that fought for at least five years and governed for five more has 10 influence and (most of the time) 10 management. Command stars are the only things that are more difficult to gain than in vanilla.

Despite this, I agree that the two should be anti-traits. And you could actually do that yourself. I can give you the instructions. It is a matter of keying in a line in the EDCT. The only problem is that EDCT changes are not save-game compatible.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Most of my client rulers get that trait but it is usually irrelevant by the time they do as it doesn't even bring them below 10 influence. The thing that frustrates me about client rulers is mine always end up with 2 or 3 command stars from just sitting around in cities while my FMs rarely get any from staying in a city.
    Last edited by johnhughthom; 03-29-2009 at 23:09.

Talking Re: Aes Uxorum

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    Most of my client rulers get that trait but it is usually irrelevant by the time they do as it doesn't even bring them below 10 influence.
    Heh, my 106 year old Manvis Cvrivs Dentatvs, the starting Romani FL is still alive and he has a combined total of -18 influence (!!!) with all of his negative traits. And yet he still has 10 green wreaths. That guy lacks the "Sane" hidden trait BTW, so given enough time he will develop all of those madness traits. It is mainly because of his advanced age that I ahve all these traits. He has something close to three MS Word Pages of traits on him.

Or simply don't use client rulers...once I build a Type4 gov, I leave the client ruler be and when he dies, I usually have constructed LvL5 Regional MICs and recruits a ordinary general.
    Likstrandens ormar som spyr blod och etter, Ni som blint trampar Draugs harg
    På knä I Eljudne mottag död mans dom, Mot död och helsvite, ert öde och pinoplats

Devout worshipper of Bilious Member miotas's Avatar

Yeah fair enough, I'll just ignore it, the -1 influence isn't much.The reason i was asking about it is because it just doesn't feel right having the senate issue fines to allied states.

Or simply don't use client rulers...once I build a Type4 gov, I leave the client ruler be and when he dies, I usually have constructed LvL5 Regional MICs and recruits a ordinary general.
    What do you mean by an "ordinary" general?

- Four Horsemen of the Presence

Thumbs up Re: Aes Uxorum

Quote Originally Posted by miotas View Post
    What do you mean by an "ordinary" general?
    I believe he is referring to a mercenary general that you can recruit with a lvl 5 Regional MIC.