Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: next patch update...

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Default next patch update...

link!

a few changes, more to come.

- Load time detection on trade routes to fix pathfinding crash in campaign (this fixes a crash to desktop)

- Some General Sound balancing improvements (this fixes some unit sound problems)

- Fixed UI Chat hang when spectator leaves unranked match with 3+ players (this fixes a multiplayer problem)

- Addressed several code issues causing crash to desktop

- Fixed several save or load issues

- Corrected campaign map agents behaviour (this fixes a crash to desktop)

- Fix to animation glitch causing repetitive sounds when battle is launched.

A full list of fixes will be published with the update.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Senior Member Senior Member Graphic's Avatar

Default Re: next patch update...

Cool I guess. Though I'd rather have gameplay bugs fixed than technical ones. Hopefully there's some of that in the full changelog.

At least 4 CTD reasons fixed, OMG, life is wonderful (again)
    "Whose motorcycle is this?", "It's a chopper, baby.", "Whose chopper is this?", "Zed's.", "Who's Zed?", "Zed's dead baby. Zed's dead." - Butch and Fabienne ride off into the sunset in Pulp Fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic View Post
    Cool I guess. Though I'd rather have gameplay bugs fixed than technical ones.
    I'm guessing you're one of the lucky ones that can play without constant CTD's then. The people who can't play more than a few turns without a CTD would probably disagree as to the priority

I'm all for getting gameplay bugs fixed too but what is the point having a perfectly balanced game when you can't play it because it crashes every 5 mins?

P.S: I'm playing devil's advocate here as I can play the game fine currently so I too want the gameplay bugs fixed now, but seeing as until a few days ago I was one of the ones that couldn't play, I know how frustrating it is for them when you can't play for more than a few turns.

I could care less about the gameplay issues. I can't get past the end turn without a crash or lockup. I just hope they do a better job of fixing the hardware glitches with this patch as the last patch actually made things worse for a lot of people.

3 weeks and counting since I bought the game and I still can't play Empire. What rubbish.

Senior Member Senior Member Graphic's Avatar

I haven't had a CTD since the March 10 patch.

Loitering Senior Member AussieGiant's Avatar

Gentlemen,

There is no way on this round earth anything will be more of a priority than;

known;

prevalent;

CTD's!!!

Senior Member Senior Member Barkhorn1x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AussieGiant View Post
    Gentlemen,

There is no way on this round earth anything will be more of a priority than;

known;

prevalent;

CTD's!!!
    True dat!!
    "Après moi le déluge"

announcements of future fixlists are nice and dandy but i won't erupt into joyous Ca praising until they actually fix this damn game. the last patch had pretty impressive fixlist too but did not change much for me while though it has one advantage it has been released. this ones release date is unknown while the game is still a CTD ridden savegame eating bugfest almost one month after release.

in all these years TW game after TW game i have always bought CAs titles right away when they were released but this disrespect for their loyal customers is too much to take. i certainly won't buy their next title so blindly...

Did CA ever fix the Road to Revolution campaign where you couldn't beat the 3rd section because it'd take you to the main menu?

Ive done the 3rd part so i could play the 4th on the wold map and that was befor the patch on the 10th.

Really, really need Naval Invasions fixed to make the GC worthwhile for my favorite nations (France, Great Britain). While I have had my share of CTDs, I'd personally prefer the continued risk of those over the AI not using all the features at it's disposal (naval transport, making peace with enemys, surrender etc.).
    Last edited by NimitsTexan; 03-24-2009 at 23:26.
    "I think it was the right decision to disarm Saddam Hussein, and when the President made the decision, I supported him, and I support the fact that we did disarm him." Senator John Kerry, May 4, 2003

"It's the wrong war, in the wrong place at the wrong time." Senator John Kerry, 7 September, 2004

I haven't had any problems with CTDs, but I would much rather them fix those issues first so that everyone can play the game (albeit needs some fixing gameplay wise). The issue with naval invasions can be remedied by playing as a land locked nation such as Austria. I am sure that they will fix all the issues eventually, and who knows, maybe CA will surprise all of us with an EPIC patch! Here's to hoping!

Hope they fix the loading times in between turns. Can take awhile later on in the game.

OK - sorry if this has been posted already, but I found this over on the .com:

Dear All,

I'd like to take this opportunity to outline our update plans more clearly.

The next hotfix will be released very soon, this fixes those critical issues described in Sensei's recent post. We're working very hard to get that tested and released as soon as possible.

We're currently following a model of releasing a hot-fix, followed by a large gameplay update afterwards.

This will then be followed by further hot-fixes and again, a later large gameplay upgrade.

The gameplay updates address everything to do with gameplay, naval landings, AI behaviour, unit balancing, the lot. The hot-fixes correct game code issues that cause crashes and instability on some systems.

The larger gameplay upgrades are being developed in parallel and will be released in a timely fashion following the fixes.

So in summary:

i. The next patch is coming shortly, this will fix a number of critical code issues.

ii. Following the next patch a massive gameplay update is being prepared which will address: balancing, naval units, AI behaviour and other issues.

iii. This cycle of 'fix-upgrade' will then continue.

We are genuine about intending to support the community in the long run and we are all still working on Empire, games sold are not games forgotten.

I'm aware everyone will inevitably ask 'when' and all I can say is very shortly for the next hot-fix and within a few weeks for the major gameplay upgrade.

Kind regards,
    Kieran
    From here: http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/srepl...-details-.html

i. The next patch is coming shortly, this will fix a number of critical code issues.

ii. Following the next patch a massive gameplay update is being prepared which will address: balancing, naval units, AI behaviour and other issues.

iii. This cycle of 'fix-upgrade' will then continue.
    I must say that I am impressed both by the promised level of support and the approach.

I think we all can agree that the game was released prematurely. But...CA is committed to fixing the issues and making this one a classic.

Looking forward to these updates.
    "Après moi le déluge"

Oh - and here is one annoyance that is going away soon.

jost wrote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Are you guys going to fix the bug with User Interface options settings never persisting at all between battles? (floating flags over units to 'never' or 'mouse over' and uncheck selection, paths, etc.) When I do switch them, on the next battle I have to switch them back and accept before I can switch them again to the setting I want and I have to do that each battle.
    Yes this one is fixed in the large patch
    "Après moi le déluge"

So basically, after the next two patches ETW should be one great game if they manage to deliver on their promises.

The approach is excellent and the fact that they have enough resources to correct game code issues AND a second team to handle game play issues is impressive.

That requires a lot of resources.

That by itself should not be overlooked by the doubters amongst us who question CA's intent.

It's certainly there.

Downloading the hot fix right now!
    "Après moi le déluge"

Member Member Mumu Champion Prodigal's Avatar

This is all good, any patches are, but has anyone heard mention of the AI being able to launch seaborne invasions?

Now playing VH/VH and had 250k before 1710 where's the peeps trying to take my shtuf

Default Sv: Re: next patch update...

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal View Post
    This is all good, any patches are, but has anyone heard mention of the AI being able to launch seaborne invasions?
    Next patch probably.
    Or was it the patch after that ?

Default Re: Sv: Re: next patch update...

ok, update is online.
    link
    complete list of changes:
    - Load time detection on trade routes to fix pathfinding crash in campaign

- Some General Sound balancing improvements

- Fixed UI Chat hang when spectator leaves unranked match with 3+ players

- Various Campaign Crash Fixes

- Some Save/Load fixes

- Boarding fix where cannon crew board order was not being deleted properly causing crash

- Fix to kill characters instantly to stop crashes in campaign on agent/general deaths.

- Save games limited to 1000

- Fix to animation glitch causing repetitive sounds when battle is launched.

- Multiplayer - can now find friends across regions

You can read more details on our forthcoming update cycle here.
    Thanks,

Mark O'Connell
    (aka SenseiTW)
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 03-25-2009 at 19:34.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Quote Originally Posted by Barkhorn1x View Post
    Downloading the hot fix right now!

It's online?
    Now?
    Can't see for myself because i'm at work.
    I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

yeah its online. i just finished downloading.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

all patched up here.

So...How's it going?

I believe they have done fairly well. i think they are also squeezing out a little bit more performance from the game as well.
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 03-25-2009 at 20:06.

Hi all

One really simple question cos I left the computer on all day while at work, and Steam is a new beastie to me.

How can you tell if you are updated or not? I can't find anything to tell me...and thats an uncomfortable feeling.

Thanks

no message you just see game 100% ready.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast