Thread: diplomatic overview

Default diplomatic overview

If you leave your mouse stationary, in the diplomatic menu, over another nation it gives you a summary of the diplomatic relations with them such as expansion, assasination attempts, religion, the leaders benifits.

Default Re: diplomatic overview

Leave your mouse stationary over the map in the diplomatic window

You can select another nation on the list and find out their relations to another nations aswell.

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Thanks for the tip...

I just wish I could make them see reason!

I tried making peace with Austria…the first gift took them to unfriendly from hostile but it never got better…

They were weak and spread out. I attacked and took the capital easily, the offered it back for peace and a trade agreement…no dice.

So I took another city and offered both!

This needs to be looked at…I don’t want the AI to be this dumb AGAIN!!!

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

The AI does seem to keep on fighting, but isn't as bad as previous TW titles.

As GB, I declared war on Sweden when they attacked Hannover (why? - the Russians, Poles and Danes were kicking their rear already!). Sailed my army from Morocco, grabbed a few reinforcements from London, then landed on Sweden. Took a couple of turns to attack an undefended capital city (after destroying a field army). I was tempted to keep Sweden (10k+ income!) but the resistance level was 20! So I offered Sweden to Sweden for peace + 2 techs. They accepted.

An AI idiocy that I don't like is the Huron's declaring war on me, two turns after I gave them a state gift to make them friendly (~ +40). They still showed up as friendly when they declared war on me! Friendly, and at war?!
    Last edited by anweRU; 03-25-2009 at 12:23.
    Ancestry: Turkish & Irish. Guess my favorite factions!

Quote Originally Posted by anweRU View Post
    An AI idiocy that I don't like is the Huron's declaring war on me, two turns after I gave them a state gift to make them friendly (~ +40). They still showed up as friendly when they declared war on me! Friendly, and at war?!
    I guess the Hurons have, as everybody else, province targets. Considering that and their very limited strategic options...

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

They may be friendly but they would still see Ruperts Land as an isolated outposted easy to take and you would take time to be able to respond. Of course if it's later in the game and you control more of the region that's a different story...
    Personally in my GB campaign I traded Ruperts Land for those French Islands near the Pirates, Windward Islands I think, in the first turn as it seemed too much hassle to keep and defend until I could bring more troops over.
    Last edited by johnhughthom; 03-25-2009 at 16:07.

Thanks for the tip. It ought to be very useful.

Well, it would if the summary did not stay a grand total of three miliseconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Maladin View Post
    Thanks for the tip. It ought to be very useful.

Well, it would if the summary did not stay a grand total of three miliseconds.
    Keep your mouse still. It's a zen thing.

Or read very fast

Thing is, I let go of the mouse after I position it on the province. So it is not about a trembling hand. Funnily enough, the first time I followed this advice, it actually stayed until I moved the mouse again. But I cannot check whether restarting the game helps because STEAM decided to update the games and... well, I do not think I will be able to replay my games before very, very long.

It would of been easier if ca let you click on a nation instead of leave the mouse stationary.