Thread: Important Questions about Empire.

Default Important Questions about Empire.

Hello all,

I think its outragious, that these quetions are not all ready out there somewhere...considering the game is released and many people have played it by now. But Whenever I search for answers I ALWAYS end up on some old outdated forum from months ago. Filled with Theorys. So I decided to come here, hoping someone who played the game could answer soem of my questions.

1: Do the British Start off in Control of the Territory of the 13 Colonies? Or is it some form of British Protocrate Kingdom there?
    2:Are the 13 Colonies playalbe in the Main campaign without Modding? And if not, can you not just play as them in the Road to Independance prologue, and go all over the word with them their? Is it not the same thing?
    3:Do rebellions in your home land, always come from Rebels, seeking to chane your government style? Or is it possible for parts of your own Nation to seek Independance from you? E.g if I pla yas Britain and threat Ireland badly, will it rebel to bring down the British Gov, and create a British republic???....or will it seek Independance??
    4: How does the Presidency work i nRepublican Countrys? Is the president also a General? or a Random NPC Character?

Simple questions, but greatly affect whether or not, I shall buy the game. Thank you in advance for all answers,
    ''I Have just Signed my own Death warrent-Michael Collins, upon signing the Anglo Irish Treaty''

Default Re: Important Questions about Empire.

Oh “outragious” is it.

1: Do the British Start off in Control of the Territory of the 13 Colonies? Or is it some form of British Protocrate Kingdom there?
    Protectorate and that is out there if look In the I dont know GB guide topic.

2:Are the 13 Colonies playalbe in the Main campaign without Modding? And if not, can you not just play as them in the Road to Independance prologue, and go all over the word with them their? Is it not the same thing?
    No, the US is playable in RTI 4 in 1780 something

3:Do rebellions in your home land, always come from Rebels, seeking to chane your government style?
    Chane? What? They don't come form rebels they happen and you pick a side to change your government type or keep it the same.

Or is it possible for parts of your own Nation to seek Independance from you? E.g if I pla yas Britain and threat Ireland badly, will it rebel to bring down the British Gov, and create a British republic???....or will it seek Independance??
    They can rebel but it wont bring down your home “gov” and Ireland is a faction that can emerge

4: How does the Presidency work i nRepublican Countrys? Is the president also a General? or a Random NPC Character?
    Government and royals are not on the map any more

This is all around the net in reviews etc already

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

You can find most of these answers on the forums, but to save you some searching:

1. The 13 colonies are a separate faction at first. The British only start with Rupert's Land in the far north on the mainland in the beginning. It is the same for the French and Louisiana, and the Spanish and New Spain. The protectorate factions will join your empire if you complete some certain missions.

2. No. You need to mod, or complete the RTI tutorial. Then, you can play them from 1776 (?) onwards as the United States. Oh, and only the fourth stage lets you do this, because the tutorial locks the map to certain areas.

3. Only rebellions in your capital will change your government. You can choose to either fight as loyalists or reformers. There are emergent factions for nearly every territory, replacing the generic rebels. So if you screwed around with Ireland, the Irish rebel faction (Jacobites, I believe) would spring up, with their own army.

4. Random guy. I don't think you can have generals run for election, which sucks. The president is not a general, nor the monarch. They are strictly campaign map characters that can have bonuses (Or not) on certain things in your empire.

Edit: This should be obvious stuff if you followed the all the pre-release stuff.
    Last edited by A Very Super Market; 03-25-2009 at 01:05.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

What's with all the hostility toward the guy? You both having a bad day?
    Last edited by Dayve; 03-25-2009 at 05:59.

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

Hostility? What hostility?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well hes saying its outrageous its not all out there, but it is.

One search would have found any of those answers.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

I did search, and like I said only found old forum topics ect. Nothing directly answering me. At any rate thanks for the replys, greatly helped
    ''I Have just Signed my own Death warrent-Michael Collins, upon signing the Anglo Irish Treaty''