Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New hot fix

Default Re: Re : Re: New hot fix

Quote Originally Posted by Meneldil View Post
    Games like Europa Universalis or Heart of Iron are much more complex than TW will ever be, and not as buggy.
    And not nearly as graphically intense. And totally lacking a tactical component.
    An E:TW AAR on the American Revolution: The Long March of Liberty

Default Re: New hot fix

Originally posted by Rufus
    And not nearly as graphically intense. And totally lacking a tactical component.
    Both irrelevant to complexity. Paradox games are true wargames that model a billion things - TW games nowdays are *beer and pretzl* run of the mill strategy games that aim at the mass market.
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

Apples and Oranges, gentlemen.

Not exactly - fresh apples and rotten oranges
    Last edited by gollum; 03-27-2009 at 19:33.

Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

Default Re: Re : Re: New hot fix

Quote Originally Posted by Meneldil View Post
    Games like Europa Universalis or Heart of Iron are much more complex than TW will ever be, and not as buggy.
    [cough].... I remember suffering a whole lot of bugs and crash when EUIII came out (i remember a particular sound loop bug on my old pc).... It was only a really good game after they had rolled out 2 expacks. EU:Rome did crashed to desktop like it was going out of style and was laggggggggggy as hell until patched to v1.3 (or VV).

Still it was worth the curses and frustrations in the end as they are 2 very good games.
    I'm sure (hopefull?) ETW will turn out the same.

Oh and try playing a multi player game of HOI1 with an earlier version than 1.06c ... good luck playing it more than 1 hours before it crash to death.

Cheer fellow grognards.
    Last edited by Melvish; 03-28-2009 at 05:40.
    I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends. ---Abraham Lincoln

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Yup, I remember hearing an earful of screaming about EU when its latest iteration was released. That's the funny thing, people instantly forget how angry they are once a patch is out. Then they measure the next release of a game against the final, patched version of a game they like.

Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by gollum View Post
    Paradox games are true wargames
    The Normandy Invasion was fought on a menu screen, as we all know.

Quote Originally Posted by gollum View Post
    Both irrelevant to complexity. Paradox games are true wargames that model a billion things - TW games nowdays are *beer and pretzl* run of the mill strategy games that aim at the mass market.
    But graphics and the presence of tactical as well as strategic gameplay are NOT irrelevant to the propensity for bugs. I'm no programming expert, but that seems like common sense to me. Just because these games are not as strategically complex as the Paradox games doesn't mean the likelihood of bugs should be lower.
    An E:TW AAR on the American Revolution: The Long March of Liberty

Noone more than me would like TW games to be 100times better than Paradox games. Unfortunately for me and fortunately for CA they arent. They have turned into a half baked cake for all tastes.

Thank you all for your replies.

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

Default Hang in there

For all you folks that are going ape excrement over all of this, just look as your selves as alpha testers for the CA. Yes we are all part of the same team!

I used to work for the Game Industry as well as my Emmy Award winning son. And I can assure you what is going on. The Suits at Sega (not the hard working programmers and designers at theCA) said something like "Hey guys we are running short on funds on this project so let's just throw it out the door the way it is. It didn't hurt us too bad last time. There are Oddles of geeks out there lining up at their local Wal-Mart just drooling to drag this puppy home no matter how bad it is."

And you know, He was right. We love this stuff so much and it is so much a part of our lives that we would just about walk over broken glass to play. So we suffer through CTD's and bad sound and all that crap with hopes that it will get better.

And the good news is that it DOES GET BETTER. For all of us who have been her since Shogun we know and trust the great guys and gals at theCA. It is the guys with the ties that piss us off.
    MTW it's not a game; it's a part time job.
    ---
    Any sufficiently advanced technology in indistinguishable from magic.
    -Arthur C. Clarke-

Iron Chef Wannabe Member Fookison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    Yup, I remember hearing an earful of screaming about EU when its latest iteration was released. That's the funny thing, people instantly forget how angry they are once a patch is out. Then they measure the next release of a game against the final, patched version of a game they like.

Just sayin'.
    Head on over to the Paradox forum and see what people are saying about EU Rome. They are discussing the same things there as they are here. PI released an expac for EUR entitled Vae Victus and it has made the game heaps better but still everyone compares that game to the final version of EU3/IN. I recall when the Paradox Forum was full of this same grumbling when EU3 first came out and it was not until 2 Expacs, a few patches later and a great mod in Magna Mundi that we can all herald the success of that title and play uninterupted until the wee hours. There is hope for ETW but it will take time, a few patches, some expacs and patience on our part to get it refined. Go CA Go!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123