Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saturn

Future USMC Cobra Pilot Member Prussian to the Iron's Avatar
    Out too long in the midnight sea. Oh what's becoming of me?

Default Re: Saturn

i remember the first time i played call of duty 5 in stalingrad (which, by the way, is not inspiration or anything for this story) and i immediately started playing as russia in ETW :P
    Add me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001603097354
    I am an Unstoppable Force, an Immovable Object

Chapter 4: Smoke and Fire Continued...

As the sounds of battle began to die out, we could hear a door opening, and German reinforcements flooding in through the back. They yelled something, then began to set off smoke grenades. Dmitri called to me, "Alexandre! 2 in front of you! 17 hiding in the smoke! Get ready to charge!" He fired again from his RPG-2, and I watched as several arms flew past us. One of them landed on Boris' head, and his face became ghostly white as his throat began to convulse. He vomited into the smelting pot, and could barely stand.

I fixed my bayonet, and moved to the next pot. I rounded the corner, firing a round into the first one, and moving my arm upwards to bayonet the second man. But it didn't go how I hoped. He met my rifle with his own, and a pushing match ensued. As we danced around, I ended up pinned to the wall, his rifle inches away from my throat. I pushed as hard as I could, struggling to force him off me. I let out a loud grunt as I straightened out my arms and knocked him back several feet. I pointed the Mosin-Nagant, readied, and lunged at him, shoving the bayoneted rifle between his ribs, forcing it up as I did. He spat out some blood, then fell and died.

I chambered another round into the rifle, and picked up his Gewehr 43. I checked the magazine, then opened up into the smoke. The sounds that came back were metallic clings, rebounding my bullets. I tossed the Gewehr back to one of my men with no gun, and ran straight up the stairs. No Germans had come up there yet, and I yanked the MG42 off the window, and moved down the stairs on the other side.

As the smoke cleared, I spotted a German pressing a button to drop water on the remaining smelting pots. Now steam concealed their position, and I pulled the trigger. Bullets screamed out as the MG42 wildly fired and kicked in my hands, and I began to fire in bursts. I spotted several Germans about to throw more grenades, and shot off their legs, blood and gore splattering everywhere. More explosions rocked the building, and a German could be heard talking on a radio. We could all hear far-off explosions, and then silence. "RUN!!!!" I screamed, as whistling began to echo through the streets. The Germans moved up onto the roof, as mortar rounds tore through our positions and exploded, wiping out all but 5 men. "Starshina! Boris! are you still alive?" I called out, with no response.

I went back to grab Polski's PPSH, and found Boris standing solemnly, looking over his dead comrades, with Polski crouching next to him. "So much death, so much destruction. All for what, I wonder?" Boris thought aloud, "Boris, your family is what. Your country is what. Yourself, is for what we fight. Come. Let's go wipe out the remaining Germans."

We moved up to the stairs, and I took point. I could hear heavy gunfire from the rooftop, and Dmitri's RPG-2 firing, with the subsequent explosion. Leveling my MG, I kicked open the door, firing from behind the German's, and hitting an officer. Once I ran out of ammunition, I brought out my rifle and took cover, firing from behind cover. Polski and Boris were on either side of me as we destroyed the German opposition. I peeked up and fired repeatedly, until so many men were on the ground, there was no telling who was really dead. So Polski shot them all.

We gathered up our dead, and went back to the tank factory. The mood was mostly melancholy, with the exception of Dmitri of course. He paraded in, happy and celebrating the victory, almost annoying at times. But he was always like that: the cheery optimist. Or, he was then at least.

A really good story! I love it! :D
    I'm impressed with your talent in story writing!

Chapter 5: The Perch

Two days later, we redeployed out into the city. Polski led myself, Boris, Dmitri, the two merchantmen, and 10 others on a patrol through the streets. "Boris, are you feeling the joy of war yet?" I asked. "I am! I love the screams of dying Krauts as my grenades rip off their limbs!" exclaimed Dmitri. Boris stood silent, keeping his rifle shouldered as he walked. "Stop! Stay quiet, I think I hear something." he told us. As we crouched next to the street, the sound of German Shepherds became louder and louder as they closed. the 2 merchantmen began to run, their pillows still strapped inside of their bags. I tried to yell to them to drop the bags, but they just continued running. They were killed, and the dogs stayed to feast on their corpses. Dmitri and I went and took their weapons and rations, and continued on.

As we were walking down the street, a shot rang out and echoed for several seconds. one of the men with us dropped to the ground, a hole where his left eye used to be. We dispersed into buildings on the side, searching for the sniper. There were mannequins in a shop I ran into, so I set them up on wheels to push across the street.

The sniper took the bait and shot the mannequin, revealing himself to be on the east side of the street. Again, we pushed a mannequin across, making him trip over a sewer grate. He was in one of the two office buildings to the north-east side. Our final decoy went out as we pinpointed the snipers position. The farther of the two buildings, 8th floor, left window.

Boris and I went to dispose of him, while our patrol sent mannequins to their deaths to keep him busy. We made our way behind the line of shops, moving to the back of the building.

TBC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12