Thread: EB v1.1 Download Error

Default EB v1.1 Download Error

I tried EB 1.0, and I didn't like the fact that it has so much lag during the "end turn" part. Sometimes it takes as long as 30 sec. just to pass that turn stage, while in the Vanilla RTW it takes less than 10.

I read from somewhere that v1.1 has much less lag during this phase, along with many other merits not included in 1.0.
    So I tried completely erasing the EB1.0 file from the computer, and then downloaded 1.1.
    I followed all of the setup rules, and was going on so well, until...

About 3 quarters into the final download stage, it says something along the lines of:
    "could not find this file. continue without file?"
    Then I have a choice of: ignore/stop download.
    If I do ignore, then immediately the next file has the same error. Followed by the next one, and so forth.
    I tried pressing ignore every time. Then, the download finished, but when I ran the game, it wasn't EB, but instead the Vanilla version of RTW. So this would mean that the crucial files of EB weren't downloaded, right?

What's the problem here? Might it be because that although the setup strongly recommended me to download EB 1.1 in the MY ACCOUNT folder, I just downloaded it in PROGRAM FILES?

And also, is it worth going through all of this trouble for EB 1.1? Or would EB 1.0 be better?

Someone plz answer...

Default Re: EB v1.1 Download Error

DL is much faster (and better for the EB community / preserving server bandwidth) if you install Bit Torrent (or another torrent client) and get EB via the torrent. There is a howto and a torrent link on the EB page in the DL-section.
    In my experience, everytime EB got upgraded there were improvements. Especially with the now up-to-date version (being EB1.2 but you also need the 1.1 installer for it), a lot of game stability issues have been solved (Sweboz reform marker spam CTD etc.).
    So installing 1.1 and then installing 1.2 over it and then installing all three hotfixes (as described somewhere in the FAQ IIRC) is definitely a good idea. Look for Bovi's "frequent issues" thread - it is linked in his signature and also stickied.
    In short - YES it is worth the "effort".

Off topic - how can you be dissatisfied with a 30sec AI turn?! I already envy you for your hardware - on my "old" computer, the AI turn takes more like a full minute, and that's in the first fifty years of a campaign!!

I am honoured to have been presented with my first baloons - - by Ibrahim for tactical observations
    and with my second balloon by Christopher Burgoyne for physical elaboration on the advantages conferred by the Kontos over the Xyston.

Thx for the answer, but the most puzzling question is still left.
    I already have a setup for 1.1 downloaded. All I have to do is run it.

The problem is that I don't know why the download just finds an error about 3/4 way in. What is the problem here? It says that there are problems with the files, and now i know that without those files, you can't play EB 1.1.

I don't really understand what you mean by "the download has an error at 3/4" and "I have an EB 1.1 installer, all I need to do is run it" - did it download or did it not?
    Because if the error was reported while DOWNLOADING, you probably do NOT have an EB1.1 installer because it is corrupted and you need to DL it again. Do an MD5 hash check for this.
    And copy-paste that error message. If you just say "file", I can't even tell if it's a windows system file, a RTW vanilla file (such as RTW.exe) or an EB file.
    You could also just run the installer and see if it works...

I am honoured to have been presented with my first baloons - - by Ibrahim for tactical observations
    and with my second balloon by Christopher Burgoyne for physical elaboration on the advantages conferred by the Kontos over the Xyston.

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You could download the latest version - EB 1.2
    I've heard that it's much better than the previous ones especially because there is no Client Ruler part in the script and turns should move faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn-Khaldun View Post
    You could download the latest version - EB 1.2
    I've heard that it's much better than the previous ones especially because there is no Client Ruler part in the script and turns should move faster.
    You need an installed, working EB 1.1 inorder to install EB 1.2...
    EB 1.2 is more like a "fix" for EB 1.1 than a complete "stand-alone-xept-for-the-vanilla-.exe-file".

Download the torrent and point it to where you have the damaged download. It will get the pieces that you're missing and fix it.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking