Thread: How to destroy watchtowers?

Question How to destroy watchtowers?

Hello everyone and welcome to my first post/question on these boards,
    ever since I've first played RTW I wondered if it is possible to destroy watchtowers on the campaign map?
    Right now in my M2TW (Gold edition, completely unmodded) campaign with Spain I have the problem that I placed a watchtower close to a river crossing on my border where I now want to build a fortification but I can't because the campaign map does not allow watchtowers/fortifications too close to each other (about 2 fields or so).

So is there a way to get rid of watchtowers already built on the campaign map?

Man behind the screen Member Empirate's Avatar

Default Re: How to destroy watchtowers?

Watchtowers are permanent, there's no way to remove them. "Watch" where you place them...
    People know what they do,
    And they know why they do what they do,
    But they do not know what what they are doing does
    -Catherine Bell

Dammit, well thanks for the answer Empirate. Isn't there even a "dirty" way of removing a watchtower like editing some game file? Mh even if there would I think it will be very annoying...

Hello zwobot,
    Why a problem? Armies can walk above them right?
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

How do you even build a watchtower, I always wondered. I have taken generals to the location, but there is never an option for it. Do I need to have a significant amount of troops riding alongside the general to construct the watchtower?

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Just 200 florins and sufficient space to build one and no random natural disasters that bug the region.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

King Philippe of France Senior Member _Tristan_'s Avatar

And of course being inside your own borders...
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)
    Methodios Tagaris, Caesar and Rebelin LotR
    Mexica Sunrise : An Aztec AAR

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

And you can't build them adjacent to a town, castle, another tower or an enemy force IIRC unless I have the latter confused with forts. I dont' think that you can build them on trade resources either and I seem to have had some troubles at times building them in certain mountainous regions in the east around Yerevan.