Thread: Two puzzles

Default Two puzzles

1) The Hurons have only one territory, and I've captured it, so the Huron Confederation should be eliminated right? The game shows that they're still around though. What gives? Is this a glitch or do they still have a unit running around?

2) I've got foreign priests and gentlemen on my land I'd like to get rid of, but my rake won't attack them. (I'm not at war with their country anymore.) I know that I could bring a gentleman over to duel the foreign gentleman, but is there any way to get rid of the foreign priest other than declaring war on his country then assassinating him with my rake?

Can rakes only assassinate and sabotage if their country is at war with the country of the agent or building?

Thumbs up Re: Two puzzles

1) The Hurons own another territory across the wilderness on the north-western shore of Hudson's Bay. If you wipe them out, I'll find a way to get back at you for your unnecessary brutality. The land out there is worthless, after all.

2) Good luck.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Default Re: Two puzzles

Does the old surrounding the character with army units them moving one onto the same tile trick still work?

kwait nait Member Monsieur Alphonse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    Does the old surrounding the character with army units them moving one onto the same tile trick still work?
    Probably not. Since you can't move an agent that is standing somewhere with your army. I think it is even possible to defend a bridge with a agent (gentlemen) against a full stack.
    Tosa Inu

Quote Originally Posted by Monsieur Alphonse View Post
    I think it is even possible to defend a bridge with a agent (gentlemen) against a full stack.
    A member of the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen perhaps?
    Ancestry: Turkish & Irish. Guess my favorite factions!

Praeparet bellum Member Quillan's Avatar

I don't know if it will block the AI, but your own agent will certainly block YOU in that situation. I had a missionary in a mountain pass near Albany NY during RtI Part 3, and I could not move an army past him.
    Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tully Bascombe View Post
    2) I've got foreign priests and gentlemen on my land I'd like to get rid of, but my rake won't attack them. (I'm not at war with their country anymore.) I know that I could bring a gentleman over to duel the foreign gentleman, but is there any way to get rid of the foreign priest other than declaring war on his country then assassinating him with my rake?

Can rakes only assassinate and sabotage if their country is at war with the country of the agent or building?
    Re 2: It should be possibly. I definitely have assassinated other missionaries while at peace with a nation; on several different circumstances no less.

Gentlemen can only kill other gentlemen or rakes though. For missionaries and scholars (=Ottoman gentlemen) you'll have to rely on a rake.

Susanna/Calapine